St Mirren V Aberdeen Top League 30/9/13

shull

An unlikely night for a football match

An unlikely choice for televising

An unlikely chance of the game going against form

An unlikely light at the end of danny's tunnel

An unlikely chance a squad who haven't performed will click in this game

Forty odd years of being a saints fan makes me inclined to feel that the ions may collide in an unlikely manner to raise the most unlikely event on the horizon..?

(Check what Ian Black's got down on his coupon for this one, he seems to have an eye for the main chance)

An unlikely night for a football match

An unlikely choice for televising

An unlikely chance of the game going against form

An unlikely light at the end of danny's tunnel

An unlikely chance a squad who haven't performed will click in this game

Forty odd years of being a saints fan makes me inclined to feel that the ions may collide in an unlikely manner to raise the most unlikely event on the horizon..?

(Check what Ian Black's got down on his coupon for this one, he seems to have an eye for the main chance)

Taking all that into consideration , it's a home win 2-1 :) cheers

well if your looking for songs that have relevance and a basis in reality - try "charmless man"

I prefer The oldest swinger in town.

0,,6105837_4,00.jpg

Check the lyrics below, it describes to a tee the clap.giflaugh.pngcrazy northbank agaro auld fuds shuffling about

the west stand.

When u score with a chick in a disco bar take her home in your hairy litlle car then u find u went to school with her ma and pa Youre the oldest swinger in townand u wont look in the mirror in the light of day swear u died it when your hair turns grey when u zip up your wranglers and your belly's in the way Your the oldest swinger in town
Here u come and there u go wide wheels, spots and a stereo but the engine's clapped and the driver also Is the oldest swinger in townWhen the barber takes a little less time each week the kids dont understand a word u speak when u walk into a disco and they offer u a seat You're the oldest swinger in town
U prefer a pint of mild to bacardi and coke the sounds are too loud , theres too much smoke You'd like another dance but you're scared you'll have a stroke You're the oldest swinger in town
Here ya come with your chest all bare a little gold inget and a lot of gold hair like the disco king meets yogi bear You're the oldest swinger in townWhen your feelin as stiff as a skin heads boot rub on vick where u used to splash brut and the latest punk fashion is your weddin' suit You're the oldest swinger in town
When you have to go shopping for your sex appeal Travolta shades and nine inch heels they say a man is just as old as the woman he feels You're the Oldest Swinger in TownHere you come with your lips closed tight U never smile U know it wouldn't look right Coz your dentures glow in ultra violet light You're the oldest swinger in town
And u look so mean cos your pants are too tight You're the Oldest swinger in Town And it takes u all night to do what u used to do all night You're the oldest swinger in town
Edited by murray street

Back on topic;

Indeed. Some people make a big thing about senior players talking and shouting out loud to "rally the troops" during matches but I've always preferred the senior professionals or captains who take the "lead by example" approach and let their performances "do the talking". Hugh Murray was great for pushing forward and crunching tackles in order to "grab the game by the scruff of the neck" as you put it and that, for me personally anyway, made me applaud and stand up to show my appreciation a lot more than seeing one of the players shout and clap their hands.

That's exactly what we need on Monday. One of those performances where there's urgency and energy from the first whistle, where we close down the opposition quickly, win a few tackles and put them on the back foot. Move the ball quickly when we have it and make sure we make Langfield work throughout the game.

This could well be it for Danny after this game Aberdeen were awsome tonight they will absolutly hammer us i said 5-0 to the Dons the other day but was only joking but after watching them tonight i might well be right.You do know that it was Falkirk who they were okay

Taking nothing away from a very good Aberdeen performance, you do know it was Falkirk they were playing and not one of the SPL clubs? Falkirk were poor and created nothing but if you are going to take Aberdeen's performance as an indication of one that will hand out a 5-0 thrashing to our team, where does that leave Celtic who lost to an even lower league club than Falkirk on their own ground too? Hibs lost 3 goals to an even lower league club so does that imply that they will lose more than that when they play on Saturday to a much better team?

Aberdeen will be high on confidence and on paper and on form should beat us comfortably. However, there is more at stake here with this game no just the future of the manager but also possibily certain players. If we play to our potential then we will make a good game of it and who knows, we know how Aberdeen are likely to play based on form, they have no idea how we will play with so much at stake. I am sure that Derek McInnes will not be taking this as lightly as you are by predicting a 5-0 mauling. If that was indeed how things turned out then rest assured that Danny will get his jotters and certain players will follow him out of the club in due course.

I predict 1-1 or 2-2 in this game.

Danny hinting at making changes for the game. Mair expected to come back into the side.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-mair-poised-buddies-return-161058177--sow.html

Lee's looking a bit different these days eh? Could have sworn he scored a penalty for Morton the other night...

"Am I thinking about making changes? Yeah, there is no doubt about that. Since last Saturday's game, I have been through six or seven perms."

No Danny!

Its not yourself you need to re-invent, FFS!

post-1965-0-14670700-1380225089_thumb.jp

I'm unfortunately sensing another humping off them like last seasons disaster :(

Its difficult to come up with any other prediction. We have seen nothing to suggest that we can hurt them despite all the well meaning positivity of some posters.

I can't remember feeling less confident going into a game against unspectacular opposition. Then again, stranger things have happened....

The problem is we have v little striking options. Say Danny digs out a result here this squad will be struggling in the winter months because we have no options other than thommo

I think worrying about the winter is the last thing we should be thinking about TBH.

There's more than enough on our plate right now which needs our focus.

We need to be thinking about nothing more than one game at a time and one half at a time during that game.

We are in so much shit right now that thinking of anything else is just wasted energy and an unnecessary stress-fest.

Pretty sure Grainger's suspension kicks in at Tynecastle.

Grainger is suspended for Monday mate, which is a massive blow with Mo & Cheesy injured.

I reckon Danny night go with Mair at left back, Goody and McGregor at centre.

Would like to see Kelly get the shout though.

Edited by davidg

Grainger´s suspended and cheesy injured, and dons known for attacking football, so I think Danny will play Mair, McGregor, and Goodwin, maybe with caprice and Yaqub as wing backs.

Edited to add apologies to davidg for posting the same thing at the same time.

Edited by Mykey