One Last Shot And The Players

norrie82

Should we as the fans give Danny one last shot next week. For one game just back the team? Many wont I know but shouldn't he be afforded a last roll of the dice?

The players have been an absolute disgrace. I'm beginning to wonder if they can save us even with a new manager. I have heard from my media friend that one of the squad told him that the players have "chucked it" . What do we the fans feel about this? Do you care?

Evident watching yesterday Norrie that a few of our "senior" players have chucked it! But still no excuse for our "Managers" selections and tactics! Hes run his race and it is clearly obvious he has lost the dressing room, time to go..........................NOW!

I feel sorry for Danny in some respects as we all know he didn't sign some if these senior players.

But as you say, he's the gaffer and he continues to pick them.

Should we as the fans give Danny one last shot next week. For one game just back the team? Many wont I know but shouldn't he be afforded a last roll of the dice?

The players have been an absolute disgrace. I'm beginning to wonder if they can save us even with a new manager. I have heard from my media friend that one of the squad told him that the players have "chucked it" . What do we the fans feel about this? Do you care?

The manager should be backed until he's no longer our boss.

I've been behind Danny all the way through this terrible start to the season, but in all honesty it's become clear that senior players have indeed "chucked it", senior players have hung the man out to dry and it's a disgrace that they can get away with this. I can't see Danny surviving to next week but if he does then i'll give him my backing.

I dont think we can afford to, given not just our record and performance this season, but for the 2013 calendar year, as not to put too fine a point on it, we've been bollocks. And if the players have 'chucked it' we need a new man at the helm, but the players also need to look at themselves and figure out what part they have played(or not) in the current situation and what they all need to do to help get to where they need to be- Playing and playing with courage & fight & pride for the club.

It's obvious the senior players have chucked it. Thommo and Goodwin haven't kicked a ball in any pre season or league games so far. When they are most needed they have failed the manager. It's a disgrace! Key players at the club are not performing due to them wishing to see the back of Danny.

Heading along to cup final and can't imagine what the atmosphere will be like.

I really do wish the player's, management and fans could all pull together and turn this round. I still want Danny to do well while manager of St Mirren.

I for one am behind him and will give him a shot next week and the week after and the week after that as well until such times as he is no longer the manager. He is only one page in a catalogue of the problems that have caused our current situation and he can only piss with the cock that he,s got. I will say this. If players really have sacked it and are not giving their all then they dont belong at St Mirren as they dont have the vision or loyalty to understand that the club comes first and that their personal grievances with the manager are a luxury that we cant afford. Who do they think they are ?. They are not bigger than the club and their behaviour will have been noted by other teams/managers and boards who will think twice when their names are mentioned during sales/loans and transfers. I honestly believe we can turn the corner as we have done many times in the past. SMTID.

Outwith the game, one of the things that saddened me was seeing a picture on twitter of DVZ and Thompson getting a lift home off possibly the most negative and anti Lennon poster I've seen on social media. The poster insinuates he is in the know etc and its disappointing that his information possibly comes from two of our most senior players in the squad.

Oh and this 100% behind the players not the manager spiel...folk need to give themselves a shake and see that some players are just as responsible for this mess we are in.

I see a manager who knows tactics, tries to use them, but, unfortunately, the wrong tactics for any particular game. I say this often, that we don't have a team. We have good players, but playing them out of position doesn't help morale, plus the fact we don't have a fast striker like Guy, as much as he didn't do the business enough for me, but he did have speed. When Guy was here, we didn't have someone feeding him from midfield, as we expected Thomo to feed him, but Thomo, IMO, was head and heels above him as a striker. As we don't have a supplementary striker (Bahoken is too similar to Thomo to be a supplementary striker), my formation would be 3, 1,4,1,1, with Goodwin taking up the position in front of the back 3.

Outwith the game, one of the things that saddened me was seeing a picture on twitter of DVZ and Thompson getting a lift home off possibly the most negative and anti Lennon poster I've seen on social media. The poster insinuates he is in the know etc and its disappointing that his information possibly comes from two of our most senior players in the squad.

Oh and this 100% behind the players not the manager spiel...folk need to give themselves a shake and see that some players are just as responsible for this mess we are in.

Do you have a link to this picture?

Shades of 87- 88 ,here with players having an eye on the management jobs themselves .

During the last year Saints produced two excellent results at Hampden , which shows what the players are capable of doing when they are listening to the management and giving 100 per cent.

Unfortunately what we have witnessed since is an unorganised shambles , with senior players making no effort whatsoever to take responability and organise things on the park.

I would be very unhappy if these players are offered contracts at the end of the season

I always have and always will encourage and support (during a game) any manager or player playing for our club. When a game is in play negativity is conductive to feck all! Get behind every bugger oot there in black and white and sat on that bench. final whistle is time to show your disgust, frustration etc.

I support St.Mirren Football Club - no player or manager IS St.Mirren Football Club and never will be.

Monday - aye one more shot - get right feckin behind them, encourage, encourage, encourage and if it all goes pear shaped again well give you all permission to get downright cheeky - use words and phrases such as - shocking/disgraceful/my granny could have done better/danny you simply must leave this wonderful football club/'insert players name here' you had a terrible game - do you have issues at home? I am so angry I could crush a grape etc etc

I've been behind Danny all the way through this terrible start to the season, but in all honesty it's become clear that senior players have indeed "chucked it", senior players have hung the man out to dry and it's a disgrace that they can get away with this. I can't see Danny surviving to next week but if he does then i'll give him my backing.

If there is any evidence that certain players have 'chucked it' then they should be shown the door irrespective of who is the manager. If I decided not to do my job how long do you think I would have before being shown the door? Player power is one thing but to actually think that some could down tools so to speak and leave the manager out to dry while picking up a healthy pay packet is nothing short of scandalous. I do not care who the player or players are, they are not welcome at the club unless they do their job to the best of their ability and earn their wages. After all, we are the ones paying for them.

I am sure that certain players must read the posts on this forum so they will be aware of this thread. I wonder how beneficial it would be to dispel this accusation/general view point by certain players coming out and making a statement to the contrary. If, they are behind the manager then come out publicly and state this so that we can all get on with supporting the team and manager through this terrible period.