John Mcginn

mikesmfc

Our best player. Why the hell is he not getting a start?

To accommodate the "marquee" signing from the summer who has no natural position. McGinn needs to be back in the side and Harkins needs a spell on the sidelines to see if her can find some desire.

To accommodate the "marquee" signing from the summer who has no natural position. McGinn needs to be back in the side and Harkins needs a spell on the sidelines to see if her can find some desire.

Not to mention Newton's must play clause, promises made to Gowser and the attempt to maintain McLean's "value". McGinn is suffering from being genuinely good.

Danny seems "Intent" on playing him at all cost. whistling.gif

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

The problem is that Paul McGowan and Kenny McLean don't have "natural" positions either and Lennon has failed to find a permanent role for either of them either.

This leads to him and chopping and changing his formation and line up every week in an attempt to accommodate all 3 of them...

He seems to want to stick by the "guy" regardless.

Danny is not doing himself or Harkins any good by keeping him in the team. The support know that Harkins is a luxury player , a good player to have in the side when things are going well , they also know that he told Shiels to stick it when he was left out at Kilmarnock. The situation just makes Danny look even weaker and it's bordering on scandalous that young McGinn hasn't been introduced at some point at Harkins expense !

Id switch it to a 3-1-4-1-1 and give either Mcgowan or Harkins a free role between the midfield and playing off Thommo.

Get Mcginn in that midfield ffs - he is probably the best midfield player we have and Danny is choosing not to play him ......... I don't get it

I can just about accept the argument that he was poor against Thistle.......but who wasn't. I can't think of a footballing reason not to have him in the first 11. I have come to the conclusion that Danny spunked so much of his wedge on Harkins that he is shit feart to leave him out. I'd have McGinn instead of Harkins based on what I;ve seen so far and I'd have him instead of McLean, don't get me wrong, I think McLean is a good player but being continuously played out of position and a lack of confidence seem to have affected him so far.

the problem is that we have an abundance of central midfielders,and teale who will always be picked to start right,so 3 from 6-7 means john will have to bide his time until lennon goes,then hope the next manager likes him

Or get a move to a rival club who appreciate his talent.

The story I heard was that DL ripped into John after the Thistle game to the extent that , Thommo actually told DL to lay off the lad. .

I can picture it now...

"Danny Lennon has scored versus Munich, Danny Lennon has played in Europe, Danny Lennon knows what he's talking about! Forget bossing Wanyama or standing out versus Newcastle. I didn't sign you so that Thistle loss is your fault!"

Our midfield should involve McGowan, McGinn and McLean at some point every single week.

What's going on at the club is even more astonishing when you think that we have the quality of those three, Teale and Newton in our midfield.

Going by recent form McGowan and McLean shouldn't even be in the squad along with Thompson and Goodwin.

I'd try a midfield of Teale, McGinn, Newton and Caprice with Bahoken and Reiilly up front and McGregor replacing Goodwin.

The story I heard was that DL ripped into John after the Thistle game to the extent that , Thommo actually told DL to lay off the lad. .

Typical Danny, always having a go at the young boys, I don't think I've ever seen him have a go at one of the senior players.

Edited by mikesmfc

Well we need a left back for next week. In keeping with playing people out of position I predict that John will start there with either Mo or Sean on the bench. Ah sod it Vanzy will play there with Caprice in his natural position.

Mo is currently injured.I watched Sean Kelly at Bathgate last week and would have no hesitation in putting him in.I also watched Jason Naismith and Mark Williams put in solid performances which in my opinion would merit a place in the squad.Its time to give the boys a chance before they start thinking f**k if I cant get into this team I must be hopeless.

At least 4 "fans" have posted unsubstantiated rumours on this single thread about our manager and players.

Honestly if we were infested by Morton supporters they couldn't do a better job of creating unrest in our club.

Either name your source or feck off and stop trying to undermine our team!