John Mcginn

mikesmfc

At least 4 "fans" have posted unsubstantiated rumours on this single thread about our manager and players.

Honestly if we were infested by Morton supporters they couldn't do a better job of creating unrest in our club.

Either name your source or feck off and stop trying to undermine our team!

Its frightening the amount of people in the "know" but when you see players getting lifts home from Edinburgh with someone who has openly had an anti Danny Lennon agenda for months then you think there might be some substance to the stories. Sad times if players and fans can stir up such hatred for their Manager.

Going by recent form McGowan and McLean shouldn't even be in the squad along with Thompson and Goodwin.

I'd try a midfield of Teale, McGinn, Newton and Caprice with Bahoken and Reiilly up front and McGregor replacing Goodwin.

This line up would seem far more balanced than what we've started games with of late.

We have a squad, if you don't use it when results and performances are this poor then what's the point??

Its frightening the amount of people in the "know" but when you see players getting lifts home from Edinburgh with someone who has openly had an anti Danny Lennon agenda for months then you think there might be some substance to the stories. Sad times if players and fans can stir up such hatred for their Manager.

I doubt it very much that said fan has been made by the players to fuel any hatred towards the manager but i took a phone call today from a guy who suggested that he should get friendly with more of the players because if they all had a Turbo up their arse they might run faster.I found this amusing and brightened up my otherwise dull Monday morning.He,s friendly with a few players and enjoys the celeb bit but he,s no spokesman for the players and certainly has the club at heart even if his hatred of Danny in my opinion is over the top.

Going by recent form McGowan and McLean shouldn't even be in the squad along with Thompson and Goodwin.

I'd try a midfield of Teale, McGinn, Newton and Caprice with Bahoken and Reiilly up front and McGregor replacing Goodwin.

This I would enjoy. Bahoken, Caprice and McGinn all added some oomf to the squad when they came on, though it came too late and the spirit of the team was already gone. As far as the defence goes, I'd try a back three of Goodwin, Cheesy and McGregor. Not the best option possibly, but with three at the back we only conceded 1 to Motherwell.

This I would enjoy. Bahoken, Caprice and McGinn all added some oomf to the squad when they came on, though it came too late and the spirit of the team was already gone. As far as the defence goes, I'd try a back three of Goodwin, Cheesy and McGregor. Not the best option possibly, but with three at the back we only conceded 1 to Motherwell.

I'd drop all the more experienced players. The only time I've seen any fight in the team was last 10 mins of Newcastle game when the youngsters came on. At that point I was quite excited about going with youth.

Would like to see McGinn back in the fold as he is already one our most effective players in the squad. By not playing him week in week out, we are probably doing ourselves out of a healthy transfer fee in a season or two. With fitness and a touch more agility/experience he WILL be our best player.

As for the left back issue, McGinn has to be in the frame to fill the void. I used to watch him play alongside my wee bro for the youth team and he was very often put in at left back. Was always very impressive going into the tackle for timing and aggression. Judging by the way grainger has played recently I wouldn't begrudge young John taking the left back role for a reasonable period of time or at least until Danny decides to grow a set and hook Harkins or McLean.

Reserving judgement on Harkins for the time being as it's obv he has ability but McLean has hardly contributed in nearly 6 months. Tracking back is pish, judgment is inconsistent and seems to go from having too much confidence to none-at-all very frequently.

Thought I would share. McGinn for left back, or midfield, f**k it put him in goal....

He probably could play at left back and play well. He's an intelligent footballer, strong and a good left foot.

But his best position is as centre mid. We won't get the best out of him if he's not played in his natural position. 

He came on recently and played left back, we're so shite I can't bring myself to try and remember which game. I mentioned at the time that he's a genius and had put in a great shift. Might be funny just to see him telling McLean his job.

I hate to derail the thread, but the criticism of McLean is over the top, and i hate to say it McGinn is being over-hyped. He's a good young player but like the rest of the squad this season, he hasn't shown much the few times he's played this season. He's certainly not going to suddenly cure our woes, our problems are across the park.

I thought McLean was our best performer in our first league games, not that says all that much. I haven't made the last two games due to being offshore, so i can't comment, but against Killie, Ross County and Partick, he was our only real attacking threat, although this is nulified by playing on the left, he'd be better suited playing off whatever striker we have.

He showed some great late runs, good positionally, nice passes and got some good crosses into the box. He's also scored 1/3rd of our goals this season. The only real criticism of him is this 'lack of effort', 'doesn't track back'. Then again football fans seem to prefer some guy who runs around a lot rather than being good.

At least 4 "fans" have posted unsubstantiated rumours on this single thread about our manager and players.

Honestly if we were infested by Morton supporters they couldn't do a better job of creating unrest in our club.

Either name your source or feck off and stop trying to undermine our team!

The fact that some folk have inside info really seems to upset you! :lol:

I hate to derail the thread, but the criticism of McLean is over the top, and i hate to say it McGinn is being over-hyped. He's a good young player but like the rest of the squad this season, he hasn't shown much the few times he's played this season. He's certainly not going to suddenly cure our woes, our problems are across the park.

I thought McLean was our best performer in our first league games, not that says all that much. I haven't made the last two games due to being offshore, so i can't comment, but against Killie, Ross County and Partick, he was our only real attacking threat, although this is nulified by playing on the left, he'd be better suited playing off whatever striker we have.

He showed some great late runs, good positionally, nice passes and got some good crosses into the box. He's also scored 1/3rd of our goals this season. The only real criticism of him is this 'lack of effort', 'doesn't track back'. Then again football fans seem to prefer some guy who runs around a lot rather than being good.

No, football fans like luxury players. Sadly, we have three and McLean is a very VERY poor example of one from a talent viewpoint.

No, football fans like luxury players. Sadly, we have three and McLean is a very VERY poor example of one from a talent viewpoint.

Laughable at best. He's always been given a hard time from our fans, i've really no idea why, he can be poor at times, but no more than the rest of the teams.

McLean has done more for us this season, than any of our other midfield players, he deserves to be in the team ahead of the rest of them based on form. Which shows how poor we've been when he's been average.

Laughable at best. He's always been given a hard time from our fans, i've really no idea why, he can be poor at times, but no more than the rest of the teams.

McLean has done more for us this season, than any of our other midfield players, he deserves to be in the team ahead of the rest of them based on form. Which shows how poor we've been when he's been average.

It's the SMFC Billy Stark syndrome.

We've had a number of technically great players who the fans have turned on because they don't run around like headless chickens.

Ally Mcleod, Bily Stark and Kenny McLean for example - all gifted footballers who added to the team and could even be matchwinners -but stil got pelters from the stands.

All I ask from any player is they give the best they can.

For some that will be lots of tackling and sweat; from others it will be skill and vision. But no team will succeed at higher levels solely with 11 men chasing every ball and running around all over the place as some St Mirren fans seem to demand. It take skill and endeavour to succeed and at our level very few players have everything.

The secret is to find the right blend - and that's where the manager comes in.

Laughable at best. He's always been given a hard time from our fans, i've really no idea why...

Let me help you out...

He never puts a shift in, shies away from tackles, rarely makes a tackle, for a long time drifted back took a pass and played it straight back, doesn't track back, points at players to pick up his man then doesn't make the cover and is totally reliant on the occasional long shot. Oh...he also drifts inside, chokes the space by dragging men inside with him or outside when looking for the "pass to me, pass to me, I'm a foot away, in the corner and marked" rubbish that he does every week and finally he tries World Cup passes without looking!

The fact that some folk have inside info really seems to upset you! lol.gif:

Yes I'm seething with jealousy lol.gif

I'd have less of a problem if the posters were consistent in their stories.

Their inconsistencies should tell a reasonably intelligent chap or chapess that it's all Walter Mitty bullshit.

Hence my ultimatum to name their sources.

Amazed Kenny is taking so much abuse when he is probably our only midfielder that offers a goalscoring threat,

we have scored 2 goals all season (league), for all the arguing about harkins and mcgowans playing positions, neither offers goals, McGowan scored a fair few penalties last year but i dont remember scoring many from open play.

Kenny scored 5 or 6 goals last year, usually of high quality, amazing considering he hardly kicked a ball in second half of the season.

Amazed Kenny is taking so much abuse when he is probably our only midfielder that offers a goalscoring threat,

we have scored 2 goals all season (league), for all the arguing about harkins and mcgowans playing positions, neither offers goals, McGowan scored a fair few penalties last year but i dont remember scoring many from open play.

Kenny scored 5 or 6 goals last year, usually of high quality, amazing considering he hardly kicked a ball in second half of the season.

Big difference between abuse and pointing out what he so blatantly obviously does wrong. We're not a big club, we can't carry three luxury players and if McGowan is playing we certainly can't carry a second one. He can't play central as he's too weak, can't play wide as he doesn't have a trick and rarely beats a man. He relies, absolutely relies, upon his long shots. He no longer needs to just be more consistent than Garry Brady.

I've no doubt he'd add something at other clubs, but where...he almost needs to mould himself in to a deep lying forward or an almost Le Tissier figure.