Christopher Dilo

Lex

About time for some positivity. It looks like the young keeper is our new number 1 after being picked yesterday and delivering a good performance.

He is one of the few positives for me this season. He looks like he's going to be a great keeper, he's big, commanding and a good shot stopper. He's only 19 though so hopefully the fans will be patient with him initially, if he settles in and adapts and develops like he should he could be our number 1 for years to come.

Dilo! Dilo! Dilo! Congratulations Christophe thumbup2.gif

Edited by Lex

About time for some positivity. It looks like the young keeper is our new number 1 after being picked yesterday and delivering a good performance.

He is one of the few positives for me this season. He looks like he's going to be a great keeper, he's big, commanding and a good shot stopper. He's only 19 though so hopefully the fans will be patient with him initially, if he settles in and adapts and develops like he should he could be our number 1 for years to come.

Dilo! Dilo! Dilo! Congratulations Christophe thumbup2.gif

Wasnt there yesterday but you get a tick for the Tenacious D reference you slipped in.

done fine yesterday,but could have done with some more support from our club captain ,but unfortunately captain calamity is too busy trying to blame everybody but himself,goodwin is a disgrace

That does my nut in about Goodwin. See the Thistle game. He looses the ball then fouls the Thistle player 25 yards out, Thistle blast the free kick goalwards and Cornell does well to punch it away.....cue Goodwin having a right go at him for not holding it.

Great to hear he did well but I still think Danny asked too much of a young inexperienced keeper. It smelled a bit of desperation. There appears to be more pressing issues than who is our best keeper. If we had taken a real doing then we would have been left with two keepers with their confidence shot. Jim Goodwin is the captain and needs to take more responsibility rather than blaming those around him.

Well done to young Dilo but I don't get the flack that Cornell gets at all.

He has looked pretty decent in the SPFL. He is still young and is playing behind a ghost of a defence at the minute.

Agree - genuinely don't think he's done anything wrong so far so you've got to feel a wee bit sorry for him considering

He has looked pretty decent in the SPFL. He is still young and is playing behind a ghost of a defence at the minute.

Cornell looks fairly decent and not bad shot stopper but I think it looks as if the communication between him and the defence isn't good enough and leads to a few hairy moments. At times he's also not commanding enough. Example last week where John Sutton scores from a cross that is 6 yards out. Step off your line and get a fist to that cross!

Agree - genuinely don't think he's done anything wrong so far so you've got to feel a wee bit sorry for him considering

Cornell knows he is a good keeper. He played well against Motherwell.

If the rest of the players had the same belief as our keepers we would not be in the position we are in.

Edited as the word "not" had disappeared

Edited by E=Mc2

I would argue that Cornell and Dilo are fairly similar in ability. Inexperienced and young, but still not terrible. Hard to expect a keeper to keep a clean sheet when the opposition regularly get four times as many shots on target as us. Our defence is the culprit.

Goodwin wouldn't get a game for my local amateur team

I would argue that Cornell and Dilo are fairly similar in ability. Inexperienced and young, but still not terrible. Hard to expect a keeper to keep a clean sheet when the opposition regularly get four times as many shots on target as us. Our defence is the culprit.

Isn't it our inability to score partly to blame.

Cornell was pretty poor in the game wit Morton, and has been absolutely fine in the league so far. But there's no reason not to give Dilo a shot and he certainly shone. It's always going to be difficult for a young lad making his debut, especially a goalkeeper. They f**k up and they have nowhere to hide, but young Dilo pulled off so wonder saves on Saturday, all the best to the boy.