Christopher Dilo

Lex

Aside from his ability and obvious potential, I noticed something else at the Aberdeen match which impressed me greatly for a 19 year old.

He never, ever shuts up, not even for 30 seconds. He's constantly communicating with his back four, organising, shouting at them when need be, praising them hen need be as well. He also has a screeching, piercing shout which carries some distance. There's no chance the lad is going to give his defence a second's peace if they aren't following his instruction.

That's impressive and a rare confidence that you don't get in young guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Need to give him a new deal ASAP.

Agreed. Reminds me of the Nigel/Tess scenario couple of seasons back. In October we could all see they were clearly good enough for a new contract, but we never opened talks until well after Christmas. By that time their heads were turned and they ended up going to Killie and St Johnstone for nothing. Similar will happen with Dilo unless we get him signed up soon.

Exactly. He's clearly a very good goalkeeper and it would be an absolute travesty if we lose him after one season IMO. At 19 I think he'd take a 3 year deal, because he's certainly progressing nicely with us.

Same with Sean Kelly. Get him signed up for 3/4 years, great player reminds me of Paul Dummett in his early stages.

With youngsters like McGinn, Kelly and Dilo we could have a very exciting few years if we keep them longer term, and maybe make a bit of money of them if they keep up there current form.

How did you work that out.

You're not suggesting he's taking shite are youohmy.png

What is true is that the money (if it ever actually changed hands) would have been better spent keeping Nigel. I do think there might have been some bad blood between the two from their hamilton days and that would have helped Nigel make up his mind to leave. However on Saturday good as Nigel was, I would not have had him in the team ahead of any of our players. Be ok on the bench mind.