Senior Pros

I think alot of senior players have let the manager the fans and st.mirren football club down. I think they need to take some of the blame for our current predicament.

Goodwin never a CB but has been a liability all season.

Van zanten a red card a few yellows and not had a good game yet even when the man who gave him his chance to play top flight football again is fighting for his job and he's playing s-ite ?.

Thompson played up front no one to support him all TRUE. But also a life long fan who can help us on the pitch and he's done nothing all season.

Lennon can't survive now but i still feel angry these players have let Danny and us down.

Also the fact that Thompson and Van Zanten get lifts home from a fan at the game yesterday. Never had a bad word to say about either but I feel this is wrong. Surely they should be setting an example for the younger boys.

Danny Lennon isn't faultless in this, but 99% of fans are overlooking the fact that players simply don't care. Thompson may as well not turn up on match days anymore, for someone who is a self confessed fan he dosent seem to care at all.

Some players need to take a look at themselves, piss poor.

It seems to me the senior pros want Lennon out, and they are trying to get him sacked with the kind of performances we have seen this season.

It's a disgrace and IMO the captain is the biggest culprit of this. He needs stripped of the armband.

Really don't understand all the hate towards Goodwin, he is still snapping into tackles and trying to spur the team on, Thompson and Vanzy need to take a reality check.

the team are letting us down week after week at moment,,,but,,,being booed off the park does not install confidence in anyone,,i for one would not perform properly at work.....If i was being constantly jeered at by my patrons,i also would only be turning up and going through the motions,,saying that some of our players sometimes need a rocket up their ar*e to move,,but encouragement is the key to getting us back on the winning trail,,get behind the team,stop these idiots booing at the players(im not saying be elated at a defeat),a wee bit of constructive vocal encouragement is needed,,GET BEHIND THE TEAM,,,,COYS....

IMO its fairly clear DL is wanted out by some of the senior pros, but while Goodwin may well be one of them his performances have been gradually slipping for the past 12-18 months,its DLs fault that he has stuck by Goodwin to the degree he has. Thompsons performances pre and post cup final have been night and day. Either his age has caught up with him or hes not bothering his arse

Harkins is just a waste of a jersey, look at Hibs second goal on the highlights, their full back (alan maybury, well over 30) is running to the by line when harkins appears in shot running half arsed to close him down.

Grainger has been dreadful but will, IMO, come good.

Goodwin is as culpable as anyone but i wouldnt say his performances have been the worst.

The way these players have been performing has certainly left a bad taste in the mouth as they leave the manager hanging out to dry.

The manager is not blameless, far from it, poor signings and tactically naive and IMO he will not turn it around. If it was possible i would love for some of these players to follow him out the door.

It seems to me the senior pros want Lennon out, and they are trying to get him sacked with the kind of performances we have seen this season.

It's a disgrace and IMO the captain is the biggest culprit of this. He needs stripped of the armband.

^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Currently and for the last month at least , this applies..........also, I hate to hear , read , be told tales about players travelling with fans. Wtf is all that about thumbdown.gif I'm stuggling to believe that. It's a rank amateur approach from folk allegedly involved in a professional team capacity

Also the fact that Thompson and Van Zanten get lifts home from a fan at the game yesterday. Never had a bad word to say about either but I feel this is wrong. Surely they should be setting an example for the younger boys.

I've seen this written about elsewhere, don't know who he is but some are alleging he is openly anti-lennon and claiming to be on the inside track on matters inside the club. The players should know better than to get roped in to this kind of thing and i think DL should come down hard on anyone opting not to travel on the team bus

Have a certain amount of sympathy for Goodwin.

He wasn't brought to the club as a central defender but ended up there due to our lack of other options. He's no Franco Baresi right enough but you have to think that if we had some decent alternatives at centre half, Goodwin himself would probably prefer to be back in midfield launching haymakers at Motherwell players.

Edited by Alba

I've seen this written about elsewhere, don't know who he is but some are alleging he is openly anti-lennon and claiming to be on the inside track on matters inside the club. The players should know better than to get roped in to this kind of thing and i think DL should come down hard on anyone opting not to travel on the team bus

Players getting lifts home seems to be a regular thing and, in normal circumstances, it wouldn't be an issue. However, after a series of dire performances, it surely shouldn't be asking too much to expect senior players to travel back on the team bus with the rest of the players. What message does it send to young guys like Dilo, Cornell, Caprice & Bahoken when, after a p*ss poor display like Saturday's, a couple of senior pros disappear for a quick getaway!?

Lennon should be clamping down on it and it looks like weak management when he's still letting this happen. But both players should also be fully aware that it doesn't look good at all. Firstly, from a team spirit point of view and second, from the suggestion that senior players are undermining the manager.

There were a fair fews 'halos' handed out after the cup win. If this drags on, Danny's in danger of losing his but a number of senior pros need to recognise that their efforts are increasingly coming under scrutiny as well.

Players getting lifts home seems to be a regular thing and, in normal circumstances, it wouldn't be an issue. However, after a series of dire performances, it surely shouldn't be asking too much to expect senior players to travel back on the team bus with the rest of the players. What message does it send to young guys like Dilo, Cornell, Caprice & Bahoken when, after a p*ss poor display like Saturday's, a couple of senior pros disappear for a quick getaway!?

Lennon should be clamping down on it and it looks like weak management when he's still letting this happen. But both players should also be fully aware that it doesn't look good at all. Firstly, from a team spirit point of view and second, from the suggestion that senior players are undermining the manager.

There were a fair fews 'halos' handed out after the cup win. If this drags on, Danny's in danger of losing his but a number of senior pros need to recognise that their efforts are increasingly coming under scrutiny as well.     

In honesty, I'd stop the team bus and make them get to games themselves...save the club some cash. Do I get a hell yeah Shull?

I don't see any reason why all the players need to be on it for games nearby. Aberdeen etc yes. Also, knowing the lift giver in question, I highly doubt he'd spread stuff around. He might just be anti-Lennon because it's his viewpoint.

Thompson Goodwin and van zanten don't want to play for Lennon!. What about us the fans! Play for us then its not just him they are letting down it us!.

I also think players brought to the club recently have let manager and fans down. Grainger for starters a needless red card on Saturday too many over hit free kicks and corners and underhit pass backs.

Harkins shows so many good touches can make passes. problem is He is not a midfielder or a striker So what is he!?.

Thompson Goodwin and van zanten don't want to play for Lennon!. What about us the fans! Play for us then its not just him they are letting down it us!.

I also think players brought to the club recently have let manager and fans down. Grainger for starters a needless red card on Saturday too many over hit free kicks and corners and underhit pass backs.

Harkins shows so many good touches can make passes. problem is He is not a midfielder or a striker So what is he!?.

think he was played as a defender at Partick.

I'd challlenge this belief Thommo doesn't want to play...well, the possibility it's led to lack of effort anyway. He gets the ball launched, he's no real strike partner and so the frustration sees his come out wide to get involved. I remember seeing Torfason very much down tools at Tannadice, Archibald down tools every week and other strikers never have the tools anyway...Galloway, Kinsey, Creaney, Foster. Thommo has never appeared that bad, lethargic or effortless.

When it comes to the 90 mins on the park, I can't believe that any player is playing to get the manager the sack.

I'm pretty sure they would rather go out and try to take home a decent win bonus every week regardless of who the gaffer is.

Edited by davidg

He's a footballer just gave him the ball and he will do things with it.

Pity we haven't got runners to play off him and he isn't what we need at this moment in time.

We need 11 battlers now and sooner the management team realise this we will see things improving