Sunderland - That's The Way To Do It !

WirralSaint

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24192429

No "ohhh but remember the 3 wins he had last season that kept us up."

Record just a couple of percent worse than Danny's ....1pt this season, team looking ill prepared and not showing

signs of improvement.

GONE !

Yep that's the way to do it. The club are now a laughing stock.

Firstly for signing him and secondly for sacking him so soon after letting him build his own team.

Now a new manager will be hamstrung with that squad.

This is why an intelligent board of directors should never sack a manager anytime outside of close season.

Yep that's the way to do it. The club are now a laughing stock.

Firstly for signing him and secondly for sacking him so soon after letting him build his own team.

Now a new manager will be hamstrung with that squad.

This is why an intelligent board of directors should never sack a manager anytime outside of close season.

They shouldn't have appointed him. A panic move and O'Neill might have got them out of it but who knows. Everyone knew there would be tears sooner rather than later.

Firing him is however the correct move and might let a sensible man-manager get the best out of the players but like you say he is stuck with Di Canio's players.

Indeed. I cannot believe that Ellis Short and Margaret Byrne would not have done their homework on Paolo di Canio. There have been several stories over the years and his man-management style was well known to people within the game and we all heard the stuff at Swindon Town but they still went ahead and appointed him.

Daily Mail reported him as having a all cards on the table team meeting to discuss problems at the club. He said to them

Di Canio is then said to have told his disgruntled players to tell the club’s hierarchy to sack him if they no longer wanted him in charge

Looks like they did and the board said good call!

sadly this is always the way in football when a team is under performing its easy to blame the manager. If after say a dozen games it doesn't improve then change it . however it is the responsibility of the players , the board and the fans to get behind the manager and be positive not negative , sure there is no easy quick fix but realistically who at present can make a difference to stmirren one name I think of is paul Hartley now come on lets get serious the jam guy isn't good enough . its hard to take the now but lets give it another few games there will still be plenty of games for a new manager to turn things round .

Good god am I about to agree with Dickmisson..?

Are the Valerie's who went to the chairman at SAFC to get rid of the bad man that hid the ketchup suddenly going to play like a team and take three points on a regular basis..?

They've made a rod for their own back by suggesting the only reason they were crap was beacuse Di Canio is a nut job (which feck me the world and his wife knew long ago)... so it'll be an average four point from every two games from here on in guys, and serving me up a goal fest at the Wear/Tyne derby.

Naw don't agree with him after all.

Daily Mail reported him as having a all cards on the table team meeting to discuss problems at the club. He said to them

Looks like they did and the board said good call!

silly thing to do, asking them "will you shoulder the blame or do you want me to take the fall?". He should have known the answer before he asked the question, 99% of footballers are bawbags and the percentage increases as you get closer to the top of the tree.

silly thing to do, asking them "will you shoulder the blame or do you want me to take the fall?". He should have known the answer before he asked the question, 99% of footballers are bawbags and the percentage increases as you get closer to the top of the tree.

especially after he asked the referee the previous week "if you think you've done a good job today then you should send me off"... feck sake Paolo it ain't rocket science the guy in the black is always a bastard, and every professional dressing room is a clique ridden, overpaid hotbed of young men who don't know how to behave, drink in moderation, have one female acquaintance each (non-sharing) or take any responsibility...

Do you know what...... I'd pay to see that. I'd end my boycott immediately to watch Di Canio at St Mirren. One things for sure it would never be dull.

This the boycott that doesn't include cup finals, Motherwell games etc, etc...?

This the boycott that doesn't include cup finals, Motherwell games etc, etc

Yep, As anyone who has been paying attention will know I have been refusing to pay admission to any SPL match, and now any Scottish Premiership or Scottish Championship match since the management of their clubs proved themselves to be morally bankrupt. Cup ties are not covered by the boycott, nor are matches where I don't pay admission.

I wasn't born when McAvennie played for St. Mirren as a youngster but I was a nipper when he had his brief spell back with us at the end of his career. I remember the song the fans would sing about him and I'm pretty sure it is appropriate for Stuart D:-

Stuart Dickson's still a Saint whistling.gif

Nah. Not really. I was looking at the chart yesterday that someone posted with the respective records of the various St Mirren managers that have been in charge through my time watching football and it struck me that from my first St Mirren match in 1978 through to Tom Hendries departure I missed fewer than 20 competitive matches in total home and away. Since then I've been at less than 20 matches out of a possible 600 odd and I don't miss it in the slightest. Indeed since 2002 I reckon I've seen many more Motherwell, Hamilton Accies, Queens Park, Clyde, Wishaw, Larkhall and Carluke Juniors, and Sunderland matches than I have St Mirren games.

I've seen many more Motherwell, Hamilton Accies, Queens Park, Clyde, matches than I have St Mirren games.

You know they still count as st mirren games if st mirren are one of the other teams playing in that match

Do you know what...... I'd pay to see that. I'd end my boycott immediately to watch Di Canio at St Mirren BECAUSE HE IS ONLY SLIGHTLY MORE LEFT WING THAN I AM!!whistling.gif . One things for sure it would never be dull SANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed it for you.

Edited by stlucifer