Do You Think.....?

I was one of those who felt that Imrie was worth punting IF - we replaced him.

Do you think if kept him to play off of Thompson our team dynamic may be a bit better? Did Danny make the wrong decision in chopping him without a suitable replacement (a speedy wee guy who will run at defences)?

I think he may have actually had a use this season where last and the season before Indont think he added to the squad.

It's if buts and maybe - but I fell he could add to what we have currently (as could Carey) and wanted to know how fellow buddies feel?

Fair enough!

FWIW, I would have kept Carey and Samson in a heartbeat, guy, not so much nor would I have kept big Parkin.

I just think we miss that type off player, a Hasselbaink up their with Thomo and Imrie could have done that (but that's just my opinion).

By that logic, Guy would have been a better quick option up front than Imrie.

From the penalty spot.

One more than our new signing Bahiuken, as many as Thomo have against top flight opponents this season. I just think he could have done a job for us this season (as well as Carey) as we are crying out for a player who has a bit of pace and can play off the striker and goes forward,

Is this hearsay or fact? (the players voicing their opinion rather than you voicing yours...)

this is fact,in fact imrie was going to cancel his holiday as danny was going to the same country,

From the penalty spot.

a goal is a goal ,ask gowser how easy it is to score from the spot in a cup tie

Kept saying last season this would be imrie's season since I expected us to lose players and he could be important since he could fill in at midfield or striker.

Was amazed when we released him especially after losing isma and releasing guy and Parkin. Could only put it down to his attitude because it wasn't a good footballing decision. Either was Carey for that matter.

Fair enough if we knew we would be replacing them with quality but we didn't and the board/manager seemed to know we wouldn't be as well which makes it even more of a farce!

One more than our new signing Bahiuken, as many as Thomo have against top flight opponents this season. I just think he could have done a job for us this season (as well as Carey) as we are crying out for a player who has a bit of pace and can play off the striker and goes forward,

Bahiuken or Thommo haven't taken any pens this season.(unfortunately)

He's been a rip roaring success at joint bottom of the Championship, Morton.

No. Samson, Carey, Guy, even Parkin you could make a case for. Imrie is a first division player at best.

Think back to the early part of last season. Imrie was man of the match in three or four successive games... then dropped like a hot potato.

Something happened behind the scenes at that point I'm sure... but I do believe Imrie could have been a decent player for us and does indeed have the ability.

imrie stood up to danny and told him he was a crap manager ,hence imrie away and us doing so fantastic under dannys leadership,now we hear other senior players think danny is shit too,who goes you decide

Who goes?

Easy - any player who is disrespecting the manager in that manner.

You wouldn't tolerate having to manage a mouthy twat either.

One thing's for sure Herbie , Imrie never got a run of games to prove conclusively that he was pish , whereas Grainger and Harkins have had their run of games and they are indeed both pish !

When he signed from Hamilton in January 2012 there were 15 league games left, he played in 14 starting in 12. He also started the first 4 games of the following season - he had a good run of games at the start of his Saints career.

I always felt Lennon got carried away with the signing of Imrie as he plays in position(s) where we were already well covered ignoring what we actually needed at the time - cover for CH & back-up for Thompson (some things never change whistling.gif ). It was really the emergence of McGinn that saw him fade from the first team picture - part of the requirements of a manager in today's game is to keep squad players motivated and Lennon does not seem to handle this part of the job well. There weren't many people sad to see him go in May but it is galling to know that we've helped Morton to their best result in 25 years or so. wink.png

I do see a similarity with Harkins in that neither are the best at the club in any position so we see them shoehorned into the team to justify transfer fee (in Imrie's case) & wages weakening the team in the process.

Edited by Bud the Baker