Kombi Nears The End Of The Road

Kombi Buddie

The bus that gave inspiration for my user name on B&W & XP11 nears the end of the road, sources say

http://news.sky.com/story/1145808/vw-camper-van-nears-end-of-the-road

having bought a 1971 Sundowner in Adelaide in 1999, Nicola & I spent a few months travelling around Australia in 'Betsy' taking us from Adelaide to Ayers Rock through Coober Pedy then onto Alice Springs via the Mereenie Loop. A quick stop at The Devils Marbles and night in Tennant Creek, we headed across to Cairns. Headed down the east coast to Sydney, through the blue mountains and onto Melbourne and after a quick spin {1 week} along the Great Ocean Road, we doubled back through Melbourne and along the coast road back to Sydney via Woolongong and Bulli beach where we sold The Kombi at Kings Cross Car Market and jumped a plane to New Zealand.

I currently drive a 1971 Westfalia that i've owned since Nov 2000. Great bus, built like a tank and bussed a few buddies around in it.

It may be the end of the road for the building of new VW campers but the legend of the Kombi will go on.