Seat Toledo 1.6 Diesel

shull

I need a new Cab. Anybody know anything positive or negative about the above vehicle.

They seem to be getting popular among the Taxi people. I asked a boy today who has one and he's happy with his and said it was reasonably priced.

Need more feedback on them.

Any other vehicles considered although Insignia's and Octavias are a bit expensive.

Thanks !

Edited by shull

I was thinking about the SEAT when I changed last year but it wasn't coming out for another couple of months.The guy at the Taxi Centre was raving about it.

I had 2 Octavias and they are great cars but the price is away up to 15k which is too expensive.

I got a Berlingo for under 11k.Good cars,good price,good fuel consumption and loads of space inside.Took a bit of getting used to with the higher up driving position,I thought I was going to top it the 1st fast bend I took but used to it now.

At the end of the day it's a van with windows and seats but does the job for me.:)

or this one

£1,399

Cars, motorcycles & vehicles:cars:kit cars dutton phaeton .2l pinto.11 months mot.custom 1399 colyton...
in eBay

D1A1U1B1L1hj1s.jpg

2Pictures

VOLKSWAGEN PHAETON 3.0 V6 TDI CR DPF 4MOTION 240 4dr [5 seat] Auto Saloon Grangemouth Falkirk

£16,988£17,988

Alarm, body coloured bumpers, climate control, cruise control, front fog lights, heated door mirrors, immobiliser, remote central locking, traction control, trip computer. pre...
in Motoring

1J1OB61Ww131L.jpg

3Pictures

how about this one

262096_1.jpg

+
2012(12)check_completed.png
  • Semi-automatic
  • Silver Metallic
  • Petrol
  • 4,056 miles
  • 2-door Coupe
-- CONTACT SMART SALES FOR FURTHER DETAILS T&C APPLY--THE UKS LARGEST SMART RETAILER--FULL DEALER FACILITIES--MERCEDES BENZ OWNED DEALERSHIP--12 MONTHS ROAD SIDE RECOVERY--12 MONTHS MOT (IF...

Guest TPAFKATS

1.6 diesel engine will be the same as mkII Octavias. Difference will be in trim and internal quality. The new Octavia is now out, larger and now more expensive than the 15k that HSS was quoting.

There's a new Skoda model called a Rapid (think they're being ironic with the 1.6 diesel!) bit smaller than the old octavia but seen a few as taxis recently

I'm told, Addison Lee, a taxi firm in London replace their Ford Galaxy's every 3 years. A mate of mine reckons he'll pick up a diesal at 10K with about 70000 on the clock. He also reckons they service them regularly blah blah,

is it worth a look??

http://www.addleecarsales.com/browse-cars/?cbf=183136

Is the Toledo not bigger inside with less boot space?

Than the Rapid? Think they are much of a muchness. Octavia is bigger still these days.

How's the Berlingo- Citroen haven't a great reputation for reliability but you see a lot of them about- same with the Fiat Dioblo is it.

I'm told, Addison Lee, a taxi firm in London replace their Ford Galaxy's every 3 years. A mate of mine reckons he'll pick up a diesal at 10K with about 70000 on the clock. He also reckons they service them regularly blah blah,

is it worth a look??

Hmm 70K seems low since most are 100K ish on there, but it's a diesel auto that's just been going about London which isn't the fastest city and I'm not sure what effect that will have on modern diesel parts which are more fragile. Still probably worth a punt, non-premium cars in London tend to be cheaper, my car before the one I have was bought down there for about a grand cheaper than anyone up here would go for.

is it worth a look??

For 3 years as a taxi I would expect it to be nearer 120k miles.

The Berlingo is fine.Ive only had mine since Nov so wouldn't expect any problems yet.Other guys I've spoke to with older cars have been trouble free too.Mine is booked in for it's 36k service a week on Mon¡!

The Peugeot Partner is the exact same car with a different badge.

I've heard a lot of negative things about the new VAG group diesel. Old clump iron diesels would be good for 200,000k easy the new single rail turbo'd to death small capacity are only good for about half that. Not having to replace the old motor just yet but I will think twice before buying a new diesel.

Guest TPAFKATS

I've heard a lot of negative things about the new VAG group diesel. Old clump iron diesels would be good for 200,000k easy the new single rail turbo'd to death small capacity are only good for about half that. Not having to replace the old motor just yet but I will think twice before buying a new diesel.

The old VAG 1.9 diesel was a bit agricultural but used in everything from vans & campers to golfs but as you say very reliable. I know a guy who has done around 300K in a 51 plate golf smile.png although it might be a bit like trigger's broom by now wink.png

The only issues I've heard with the new diesel engine concerns the diesel particulate filter, however by giving the car a short regular blast up the motorway you should avoid this