Confidence

Saintgaz

I have no idea why but i really think we will get a result on monday.

So much so im sticking £10 on St. Mirren -1 @ 8/1 in willyhill.

Anyone else sharing the confidence. We always seem to do well on TV games with the exception of the OF tv games we tend to get a result.

# believe

Nope , you're alone in your padded cell !

Anyone else sharing the confidence. We always seem to do well on TV games with the exception of the OF tv games we tend to get a result.

# believe

No idea if it will come on Monday but every game is an opportunity to end in a win for us.

It'll come when we least expect it.

One day our players will get that wave of having hit rock bottom and will turn up with genuine fight in their guts.

Sometimes, with the best will in the world, that can take time - we all go through periods like that.

What is needed to minimise the delay to a return to form is patience and belief.

IMO what the players need is calmness and support from the management team and NOT the bollocking that everyone assumes will be successful.

When I've been under pressure and a manager hassles me to sort it out and make progress I usually send him away to give me peace and work it out on my own. A good manager will understand that.

Having said all that, it would be nice if that could happen sometime before Christmas.

Edited by oaksoft

No idea if it will come on Monday but every game is an opportunity to end in a win for us.

It'll come when we least expect it.

One day our players will get that wave of having hit rock bottom and will turn up with genuine fight in their guts.

Sometimes, with the best will in the world, that can take time - we all go through periods like that.

What is needed to minimise the delay to a return to form is patience and belief.

IMO what the players need is calmness and support from the management team and NOT the bollocking that everyone assumes will be successful.

When I've been under pressure and a manager hassles me to sort it out and make progress I usually send him away to give me peace and work it out on my own. A good manager will understand that.

Having said all that, it would be nice if that could happen sometime before Christmas.

Bollocking ?? From Danny ? wacko.png In the words of Denis Healey , 'twould be like getting savaged by a dead sheep !

Bollocking ?? From Danny ? wacko.png In the words of Denis Healey , 'twould be like getting savaged by a dead sheep !

There's not a man on earth I'd tolerate a bollocking from regardless of how badly I was doing my job.

I imagine professional footballers would respond the same way.

Bollocking people is ALWAYS poor management.

# believe

I admire your confidence, but cannot share it. The thought of a non-OF televised game, sadly, brings Ross County and Ivan Sproule to mind.

in the words of auld Winnie Churchill..... 'never give up... never give in'

Jeez you'd think it was a fecking Morton forum with peeps almost baying for a defeat..?

What about a Thommo hat-trick..?

A Gowser 20-yard volley..?

Bahoken rounding clangers after a Dons defensive ball up..?

How many so called saints fans want to win this game..?

How many so called saints fans want to give the team their support..?

Managers, players, directors and sadly some of our well kent fans come and go.... but..!

The Saints Are Coming......!

in the words of auld Winnie Churchill..... 'never give up... never give in'

Jeez you'd think it was a fecking Morton forum with peeps almost baying for a defeat..?

What about a Thommo hat-trick..?

A Gowser 20-yard volley..?

Bahoken rounding clangers after a Dons defensive ball up..?

How many so called saints fans want to win this game..?

How many so called saints fans want to give the team their support..?

Managers, players, directors and sadly some of our well kent fans come and go.... but..!

The Saints Are Coming......!

Brilliant this is the sort of thinking we need for monday night #believe I really think monday is the night it all come right

There's not a man on earth I'd tolerate a bollocking from regardless of how badly I was doing my job.

I imagine professional footballers would respond the same way.

Bollocking people is ALWAYS poor management.

Are you saying Fergie the most successful football manager in British football history was a bad manager?

Sorry a poor manager.

Edited by linwood buddie

It doesn't matter a jot whether I am confident or otherwise, the big issue just now seems to be the confidence of the players (or, more precisely, the lack thereof). Indeed, when I seen this thread title, I assumed that this was what it was about.

As for my own position, I genuinely don't feel I have a great deal to be confident about. I just spent my lunchbreak with a (long-suffering) Dons supporter. All is well in his football world just now, as well it might be. After decades of watching Aberdeen teams, and managers come and go, he now has a sense that they have a balanced squad, with players playing in their preferred and natural positions. The manager's tactics seem to make sense, and there are no baffling decisions being made in terms of line-ups, tactics, or substitutions. They have pace in their team, and know how to utilise this, and are scoring plenty of goals.

Sound familiar?

Thought not.

Form might well be temporary, but how do we measure 'temporary'? With the proverbial piece of string? There are chronic problems - not acute - at our club just now. Entrenched, ingrained issues that require more than a win on Monday to resolve. A win would be a start, of course, but I don't think this is just about form. Radical change is now required, but I can't see where it is coming from unless the manager is replaced, or new owners come into the club.

I'll be there on Monday and will neither boo nor verbally abuse our players. In saying that, as things stand, I'm not remotely confident. If, however, someone can give me reason to be, I'd more than welcome it.

Edited by Drew

It doesn't matter a jot whether I am confident or otherwise, the big issue just now seems to be the confidence of the players (or, more precisely, the lack thereof). Indeed, when I seen this thread title, I assumed that this was what it was about.

As for my own position, I genuinely don't feel I have a great deal to be confident about. I just spent my lunchbreak with a (long-suffering) Dons supporter. All is well in his football world just now, as well it might be. After decades of watching Aberdeen teams, and managers come and go, he now has a sense that they have a balanced squad, with players playing in their preferred and natural positions. The manager's tactics seem to make sense, and there are no baffling decisions being made in terms of line-ups, tactics, or substitutions. They have pace in their team, and know how to utilise this, and are scoring plenty of goals.

Sound familiar?

Thought not.

Form might well be temporary, but how do we measure 'temporary'? With the proverbial piece of string? There are chronic problems - not acute - at our club just now. Entrenched, ingrained issues that require more than a win on Monday to resolve. A win would be a start, of course, but I don't think this is just about form. Radical change is now required, but I can't see where it is coming from unless the manager is replaced, or new owners come into the club.

I'll be there on Monday and will neither boo nor verbally abuse our players. In saying that, as things stand, I'm not remotely confident. If, however, someone can give me reason to be, I'd more than welcome it.

Lee mair might be starting according to bbc sport gossip page

Is that good enough?

Never know might have a blinder against his old club and show Danny what he's been missing.

But my money would be on a pass completion rate of about 18%

Ach well, that would probably surpass the tally of completed passes executed by his team-mates thus far this season.

I'll be there, providing my support. And if any wank near me starts hurling abuse at any of our players, regardless of how poor they play, then I'll break them. The team needs support not redicule. Leave that shite for the papers. I think there is a possibility in grinding out a result here. Something crap like a 1-0 snorefest with a shitty penalty for a goal. Basically, like the Dons game at the end of last season except with us squeezing a goal in.

I'll be there, providing my support. And if any wank near me starts hurling abuse at any of our players, regardless of how poor they play, then I'll break them. The team needs support not redicule. Leave that shite for the papers. I think there is a possibility in grinding out a result here. Something crap like a 1-0 snorefest with a shitty penalty for a goal. Basically, like the Dons game at the end of last season except with us squeezing a goal in.

The fans have been pretty supportive and I have heard little abuse. I won't though "break" a guy for telling the team it ain't good enough. It ain't good enough so fair is fair

break them...lol....keyboard hardman