Confidence

Saintgaz

For all the people thinking 1-0 its 10/1 with willy hill so amazing odds again

I was going to take that bet, but I'm in Spain right now and can't access my willhill account. Every time I try to go to their UK website it defaults to the Spanish website which doesn't recognise my logon details.

That has to be a sure sign that it will be 1-0 for us, as I've always got a sob-story to tell where bookies are concerned.

Anything can happen in the beautiful game of football, and it quite often does. It will be 11 professionals against 11 professionals on Monday and the outcome is far from certain.

However, a cursory glance at the respective teams form and squads would mean most followers of the game would conclude a St Mirren win in this match is highly unlikely. Probably even more unlikely than in our recent games against Motherwell and Hibs (both of which we lost). Indeed we are even losing games that people would deem us likely to win this season (Thistle home, QOTS away).

We might get something on Monday but it will be a big surprise if we do. In all probability we will lose this match and lose at Tynecastle the week after. These results in isolation are no shame, Aberdeen and Hearts are far bigger clubs than us. The shame is the matches against Queen of the South, Ross County and Partick Thistle.