Humans Causing Climate Emergency

shull

Scientist on Tranny there saying we should give up meat once a week to save the Planet.

SHUT THE f**k UP LOONY!!!

Jeremy Corbyns brother, Piers, was on This Week last Thursday in his role as scientist claiming that global warming simply doesn't exist. He produced statistical graphs to prove his argument and whilst I'll happily admit I didn't understand much of his case I do agree that the whole global warming argument seems agenda driven rather than scientifically sound.

This latest pile of tosh about our love of cattle meat causing global warming is certainly agenda driven. Lets face it if humans really are causing the planet to head towards a totally avoidable apocalypse through global warming the solution is not going to be us eating less meat, it's going come in the form of reducing the number of humans that inhabit the earth. Yet to date I haven't seen one scientist calling for strictly enforced limits on the size of families

Scientist on Tranny there saying we should give up meat once a week to save the Planet.

SHUT THE f**k UP LOONY!!!

TBH it's all way too late for this.

IMO the damage is irreversible but it's not the only problem.

We have an enclosed planet with finite water supplies and a population so intensely dumb that they don't realise that dumping waste in the sea is not sustainable; using fresh water to flush the toilets isn't sustainable; chucking rare earth metals into the ground isn't sustainable.

In just over 100 years or so we've ploughed through most of the natural resources of virtually every type of element in the periodic table which supports our "advanced" life with no though whatsoever of what to do when those resources run out.

We haven't even got to disease yet.

We have abused antibiotics to the point where almost none of them work anymore. In 20-30 years we're going to effectively have nothing to combat a whole raft of things which antibiotics have been able to keep on top of.

Sooner rather than later we'll be screwed. Just too many idiots to stop it.

The question is whether it will be:-

1)Global warming

2)War

3)A supervirus

4)Some random bacteria

5)Running out of fresh water

6)etc.

Take your pick but humans won't be here in 100 years time. Certainly not in this format.

Make sure you tell your grandkids than when our generation had the chance to fix things for them, we decided not to give two f**ks.

My generation are ok. We did our bit to see the planet through to the next generation, oakstur.

You really should give at least one of those two f**ks...

It's YOUR generation and YOUR problem to make it fit for YOUR kids and they, in turn, for YOUR Grandkids. And so on.

Why should I worry?

It'll see me oot. :)

Finite water?

That's a good yin.

There was plenty at the weekend to wipe out most of Scottish Football and Carlisle tae.

Lol

And here's breaking news....

It's still raining fresh water.

fresh water?

FRESH water?

how would you know?

it will be full of impurites and is probably slightly acidic from industrial soot and other pollutants.

My generation are ok. We did our bit to see the planet through to the next generation, oakstur.

You really should give at least one of those two f**ks...

It's YOUR generation and YOUR problem to make it fit for YOUR kids and they, in turn, for YOUR Grandkids. And so on.

Why should I worry?

It'll see me oot. :)

O yes, your generation were spectacular at running the world and looking after everything properly.

My generation are trying to explain to buffoons, many of whom are YOUR generation, that your obsession with money and material wealth has pretty much eaten up everyting we had as a planet.

My generation is at least having a go. YOUR generation is sucking the life out of everything.

Your generations attitude to renewable energy is pathetic for a start.

YOUR generation has seen us involved in a staggering number of wars as well. How many is it now since 1900?

YOUR generation sold all the council housing, didnt replace it and then swathes of you went out and bought up most of the surplus stock leaving the next generation with absolutely nothing while millions of houses sit empty or in the hands of old feckers with more than one house trying to speculate on prices rising.

Dont get me started about your generation bluto. Your generation has wrecked our country socially and has wrecked the environment. Future generations will still be clearing up your generations poinsonous shit decades after your lot have finally departed this world and given us peace from their whining about f**king windmills

This is a nice cheery thread lol.

Edited by oaksoft

fresh water?

FRESH water?

how would you know?

it will be full of impurites and is probably slightly acidic from industrial soot and other pollutants.

You wrote it twice but omitted the all-important part "rain".

No impurities, no industrial soot, no pollutants comes in from rain water collected and distilled across the Atlantic.

I think we should all know that it does rain fresh water.

No impurities, no industrial soot, no pollutants comes in from rain water collected and distilled across the Atlantic.

There really is no excuse for this sort of pig ignorance bluto.

Away and educate yourself FFS.

Edited by oaksoft

O yes, your generation were spectacular at running the world and looking after everything properly.

My generation are trying to explain to buffoons, many of whom are YOUR generation, that your obsession with money and material wealth has pretty much eaten up everyting we had as a planet.

My generation is at least having a go. YOUR generation is sucking the life out of everything.

Your generations attitude to renewable energy is pathetic for a start.

YOUR generation has seen us involved in a staggering number of wars as well. How many is it now since 1900?

YOUR generation sold all the council housing, didnt replace it and then swathes of you went out and bought up most of the surplus stock leaving the next generation with absolutely nothing while millions of houses sit empty or in the hands of old feckers with more than one house trying to speculate on prices rising.

Dont get me started about your generation bluto. Your generation has wrecked our country socially and has wrecked the environment. Future generations will still be clearing up your generations poinsonous shit decades after your lot have finally departed this world and given us peace from their whining about f**king windmills

This is a nice cheery thread lol.

Well... I shan't bother deconstructing and correcting that generalisation on my generation, though I will say that (honestly)none of the calumnies therein apply to me.

There really is no excuse for this sort of pig ignorance bluto.

Away and educate yourself FFS.

Try to point out any part of that which is wrong.

Rain from the Atlantic - which this was - always falls as fresh water. It is always potable when it falls.

shull was 100% correct in his assertion.

I am 100% correct in seconding him.

Unless you, as a "scientist", know something wonderfully different about the facts?

Edited by bluto

Foxache , who drinks water straight from the tap these days anyway? Oakstur?

Anyway cryptosporidium is the big danger but even the Romans knew about pathogens in drinking water and had a handling for it. .

Rain is (very) dilute nitric acid, not fresh water. Safe enough to drink, usually.

Oaky- blaming bluto's generation for wars from 1900 - he's not quite that old.

well at least some else on here has a bit of intelligence. i was beginning to think nobody had ever heard of acid rain.

There can be all sorts of other shit in rain including sulfur compounds which are washed out of the air during rainfall.

http://www.geography-site.co.uk/pages/environ/acid.html

i thought everybody was taught this in school.

Mind you maybe bluto was working up chimneys as a kid.

Edited by oaksoft

No, the word 'else' was autocorrection in action, substituting 'l' for 'r'. It was you he was talking about right enough...

:)

Nice answer. I would like to talk more but I have to go outside and yell at the pollution in the sky and tell it to stop being so fecking soluble in rain because bluto and shull expect the water for their tea to be purer than unicorn piss.

I think reasoning with it is a decent first step. I will let you know how I get on.

Edited by oaksoft

Boiling tap water before consumption is a good policy as it does kill cryptosporidium. So at least you know you are only drinking dead ones. .:wink:

A good filter that has a membrane is also good. .

there is no such as a good water filter. the problem with water is that it is sticky.

just heard a week ago from an expert who told me that the bulk of solid waste at sewage works ends up.........................as fertiliser for farms growing vegetables. i nearly puked. i thought they dumped human shit at sea.

it seems we are wallowing in our own mess.

nothing is pure and nothing is clean.

there is a saying that every mouthful of apparently fresh water has been through somebodys colon at one time or another.

bon appetit.

ETA its dinosaur piss. every cup of water has passed through the colon of a dinosaur at one time or another.

entertainming and informative.

Edited by oaksoft

Ach well, the good news is we now have found the one mad scientist who is prepared to argue for a cull of humans and child birth restrictions to save the world from apocalypse. Tell me Oakstur, how many kids have you got? :rolleyes:

Eat all the meat you want folks. Global warming or not it's all too late to worry about it.