Humans Causing Climate Emergency

shull

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I think I will leave you two lunatics to talk to each other.

I'm not involved in the debate and I've got DougJamieon ignore. So, yet again, your post is pointless.

The reason you are leaving is because you are not a scientist and DougJamie is giving you a roasting, just as Shull did! :lol:

You're a fantasist who spends Xmas day alone posting on this forum about worklife balance along with your fellow sad loser, premium bond boy! :lol:

4 hours ago, mcdowell76 said:

I'm not involved in the debate and I've got DougJamieon ignore. So, yet again, your post is pointless.

The reason you are leaving is because you are not a scientist and DougJamie is giving you a roasting, just as Shull did! :lol:

You're a fantasist who spends Xmas day alone posting on this forum about worklife balance along with your fellow sad loser, premium bond boy! :lol:

I am not a scientist? :huh:

You really want to play this game?

I will bite just this once to see if you have any substance about you.

Name your topic and let's discuss it. I have access to almost every reputable science journal in the world.

Pick a peer reviewed scientific paper and start the conversation. I would prefer either Physics or Chemistry but I am happy to give any peer reviewd scientific paper a go.

Ball is in your court. Wiki doesnt count.

He made less posts than you that Xmas day.

Name your topic and let's discuss it. I have access to almost every reputable science journal in the world.
Pick a peer reviewed scientific paper and start the conversation. I would prefer either Physics or Chemistry but I am happy to give any peer reviewd scientific paper a go.

These are some of the reasons why almost every post of his GN is followed by his hashtag

The reason you are leaving is because you are not a scientist and DougJamie is giving you a roasting, just as Shull did! [emoji38]
You're a fantasist who spends Xmas day alone posting on this forum about worklife balance along with your fellow sad loser, premium bond boy! [emoji38]

#thichasfcuk

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I've got 'O' level physics and chemistry so I feel sufficiently qualified to add a comment. My favourite peer is Lord Snooty. He had a paper him and his pals read.

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Often times big industry is funding research , they are paying scientists to "find" the answers they want . .

it is ironic that , the wee guy who first mentioned "green house gases" had his "research " jumped on by the science community because it was viewed as the possible saviour of the long cooling cycle we had been on from 1946 to c1977 , they actually thought we were facing another ice age . .

Global climate change is happening all the time. .

3 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

I don't think that there is any argument about whether climate change is happening or not or about whether climate change is a natural phenomenon or not. The argument is about whether or not humans are having an effect on the rate of climate change, the possible consequences and what, if anything, can/should be done to lessen that effect.

Biofuel has been available here for a while now and hydrogen is available in other countries but if you look at the size of the British Isles on the globe , even if every vehicle on our roads was converted to renewable green fuel tomorrow , on a global scale it would still be insignificant. .

.. .as long as the oil industry has a grip of the planet , wholesale use of green/renewable fuel is still a long way off. .

4 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Often times big industry is funding research , they are paying scientists to "find" the answers they want . .

it is ironic that , the wee guy who first mentioned "green house gases" had his "research " jumped on by the science community because it was viewed as the possible saviour of the long cooling cycle we had been on from 1946 to c1977 , they actually thought we were facing another ice age . .

Global climate change is happening all the time. .

That bit in bold is Absolutely correct but absolutely irrelevant too I am afraid. Nobody is denying that. As for your first sentence, I am not sure what you are getting at. Who has done this?

Edited by oaksoft

30 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Biofuel has been available here for a while now and hydrogen is available in other countries but if you look at the size of the British Isles on the globe , even if every vehicle on our roads was converted to renewable green fuel tomorrow , on a global scale it would still be insignificant. .

.. .as long as the oil industry has a grip of the planet , wholesale use of green/renewable fuel is still a long way off. .

That is probably true but the oil and gas industry will die when alternatives become cheaper.

Sadly it will be driven by financial decisions and not logic.

Personally I reckon we wont make the changes fast enough.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That is probably true but the oil and gas industry will die when alternatives become cheaper.

Sadly it will be driven by financial decisions and not logic.

Personally I reckon we wont make the changes fast enough.

Vested interest would have to change first - in the meantime , the whole Global Warming/Climate Change bus is very lucrative for them . .

At least they now admit that diesel is a dirty fuel . .

Guest TPAFKATS

I'm beginning to wonder if there are any of our problems that the House of Saud aren't at least partly responsible for.

Guest TPAFKATS

It's not their fault that the SFA is run by a bunch of useless twats.

Or is it?

Edit: Just to be clear, the last line is referring to whether it is the House of Saud's fault, not whether the SFA is run by useless twats.

Is Cheesy playing out there???

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'm beginning to wonder if there are any of our problems that the House of Saud aren't at least partly responsible for.

They don't run the oil industry at a planetary level , mind. Oil is a very touchy subject though , regimes have been toppled over it and wars have been fought over it , come to think of it - wars are still being fought over it . .

Those burning oil fields in Kuwait must have caused a lot of greenhouse gases , mind. .