Humans Causing Climate Emergency

shull

A Stinky Rebellion dude, while protesting in Edinburgh says it's no big deal people being late for work and missing important appointments because of them blocking roads. 

She said it was for a greater cause, to stop the total destruction of our Planet. 

Jings. 

Clothes are a problem now. :lol:

They want us to wear our clothing more than 8 times. 

We are very bad if we throw clothes away after wearing them only 8 times or less. 

The Planet must be saved. 

I have done my bit. I have worn the same underpants 33 times and haven't even washed them. 

I may qualify to be a member of Stinky Rebellion 

4 hours ago, shull said:

Well done Mark Field.

These Climate loonies are going to get worse. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48714864

Your take on this comes as no surprise to me.

You really are a sad little individual, (is individual the right term for someone with so many aliases?), if you think it's right for someone to physically abuse another person without provocation. The last I heard we live in a country which is meant to uphold the idea of free speech. IF the activists overstepped the mark then it is the authorities who deal with it. NOT someone taking advantage of the fact it was a woman. BRAVE B*S*ARD.... NOT

He restrained the woman.  She was on her way to do what she was going to do. 

She wasn't voluntarily on her way out. 

Yours 

Sad little individual with my own opinion. 

x

These Climate Dudes are going to get worse and I don't know why. Every Government, Council and the Main Media are all in agreement with them and behind them. 

They are out of control.

1 hour ago, shull said:

He restrained the woman.  She was on her way to do what she was going to do. 

She wasn't voluntarily on her way out. 

Yours 

Sad little individual with my own opinion. 

x

These Climate Dudes are going to get worse and I don't know why. Every Government, Council and the Main Media are all in agreement with them and behind them. 

They are out of control.

The "climate dudes", ( A term meant to demean them and their beliefs), are trying to highlight what they believe is the government paying lip service to the situation. Believe it or not, I don't agree with their extreme agenda but I do believe in freedom of speech. When they overstep the mark the authorities step in. Grabbing a female by the neck, claiming he felt threatened is an absolute cop out. I suspect if he thought the woman was armed he would have hid under the table.

Edited by stlucifer

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Your take on this comes as no surprise to me.

You really are a sad little individual, (is individual the right term for someone with so many aliases?), if you think it's right for someone to physically abuse another person without provocation. The last I heard we live in a country which is meant to uphold the idea of free speech. IF the activists overstepped the mark then it is the authorities who deal with it. NOT someone taking advantage of the fact it was a woman. BRAVE B*S*ARD.... NOT

I smell irony. :lol:

There were no authorities to "deal with it" and I suspect he would have done the same if it had been a man.

I can see both sides of this TBH, I suspect many will condemn because of their political beliefs. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I smell irony. :lol:

There were no authorities to "deal with it" and I suspect he would have done the same if it had been a man.

I can see both sides of this TBH, I suspect many will condemn because of their political beliefs. :rolleyes:

Do you actually know the definition of irony? 

ETA. Oops. I've been whooshed. You were being ironic.🙄

Edited by stlucifer

Guest TPAFKATS
I smell irony. [emoji38]
Of course there were people to deal with it. It was an event in a building where you have to go through a security check just to do a tour of it. It was attended by millionaires, some of whom will have their own bodyguards in addition to the event security. Also, the protest happened during a speech by the chancellor so met police diplomatic protection officers would've been there.
I know shull just trolls this site looking for bites but defending a man who is clearly seen assaulting a woman isn't a good look.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Of course there were people to deal with it. It was an event in a building where you have to go through a security check just to do a tour of it. It was attended by millionaires, some of whom will have their own bodyguards in addition to the event security. Also, the protest happened during a speech by the chancellor so met police diplomatic protection officers would've been there.
I know shull just trolls this site looking for bites but defending a man who is clearly seen assaulting a woman isn't a good look.

So this group of protesters, who illegally entered a private event, got into the main room, with one within approx 50 yards of the main speaker with all the security you mentioned?

Anyhow, I don't see it as assault and, as I stated, many will see it as that depending on their political beliefs.

I'm out, not interested in getting into this, cheers. :byebye

The Conservative haters will hate, no matter what. 

The haters would have cheered if an innocent Conservative had been walloped by a Global Warming person. 

WE ARE DOOMED. 

I am still having a Chinese tonight which will contain red meat. 

My Carbon Footprint will expand shortly. 

FECKEM. 

Guest TPAFKATS
So this group of protesters, who illegally entered a private event, got into the main room, with one within approx 50 yards of the main speaker with all the security you mentioned?
Anyhow, I don't see it as assault and, as I stated, many will see it as that depending on their political beliefs.
I'm out, not interested in getting into this, cheers. :byebye
Irrespective of politics that is assault. It is quite literally an example to use to define what assault is.
He may have to answer for it legally, that pretty much depends on the police and CPS deciding if there's a case for prosecuting him. Also potentially depends on whether the victim makes a complaint.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You'll hopefully have the same view the next time someone grabs you by the throat and pushes you up against a wall.

Out of context as you always do when there's any contact, except football.

She was stopped and pushed out if the room. 

In your eyes every time a policeman nakes an arrest it would be assault. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Yes, he stopped her walking past him by grabbing her around the neck and pushing her against a wall or pillar.
Police officers, in UK at least, don't arrest people in this manner.
You don't appear to know how the law defines assault.
Even worse, you've got oaksoft and me agreeing.

13 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

FFS, Malcolm Roberts? Really???

Here's Brian Cox showing him up for the imbecile that he is, a few years ago.

Seen that a while ago 

Lovely wee graphs Brian showed to the camera.  :lol:

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

If a policeman grabbed you by the throat under those circumstances he would lose his job and you would be buying 10 years worth of Saints season tickets with the compensation money.

Edited by oaksoft

You haven't read the piece, have you?

"This is not to say that Mark Field behaved appropriately. He absolutely did not. He was far too rough. It is unacceptable for a man to grab a woman by the neck except in extreme circumstances, for example if the woman poses a clear and direct threat to the man in question or somebody else."

Even The Spectator - and Field himself according to the article - acknowledges that his behaviour was wrong and entirely unacceptable.

But it wasnt assault.

He removed very swiftly a potential terrorist who had invaded a private place.

If that person had come into somebodys house in that manner she would have been laid out.