St Mirren Banana

Flareybob

Does anyone else remember the story in the mid to late 80s that at Paisley College of Technology, they created a St Mirren Banana, I remember the photos in various papers and a feature on the Reporting Scotland about it, basically what it was like was that the skin was still yellow but when you peeled it back, the banana fruit itself was in black and white stripes.

Does anyone else remember the story in the mid to late 80s that at Paisley College of Technology, they created a St Mirren Banana, I remember the photos in various papers and a feature on the Reporting Scotland about it, basically what it was like was that the skin was still yellow but when you peeled it back, the banana fruit itself was in black and white stripes.

was it in the paper on april 1st by any chance, if not then they have slipped up on not bunching together and appeeling for support to market it

was it in the paper on april 1st by any chance, if not then they have slipped up on not bunching together and appeeling for support to market it

Perceptive response, old fruit! :)

OP?

I don't recall it being Paisley College.... I think it was a college in Fyffe...

Edited by bluto

I heard it was the TOP Banana story in that days paper narrowly edging out the story of the man who sailed up the Clyde in a widely eaten type of fruit boat.

is skins on tonite?