Hearts V St Mirren Top League 5/10/13

shull

I like Bill Leckie, however he said today that the Hearts game on Saturday is just as important as 17/3/13.

I totally disagree, Saturday's game is a million miles away( nae exaggeration ) from the importance of that Cup Final.

St Mirren's Day easily trumps any league match i've saw ( © wee Fergie )

Anyway,

Jambos 0 St Mirren 2

Bahookie and Thommo to score.

Crowd - 14213

PANIC OVER AND PAMPERS BINNED.

Edited by shull

Teale in for either Newton, McLean or McGinn would be the only change that should be considered for this.

If we play like we did tonight with Teale's pace and flair, we should get the points.

Just keep McAusland, Harkins and Grainger as far as possible from the line up please!

A regulation 2 or 3 nil defeat,our players will always raise their game for the cameras ,back to the usual shite at the weekend ,only certainty being Danny making non sensical changes to the team who performed so admirably tonight

We need to keep the balance in the side , which means I would continue with Kelly and McGinn on the left and possibly introduce Teale. Why oh why has it taken DL so long to come up with that line up tonight when those players have been available to him all season?

Most of us 2nd guessed Danny at the start of the season in that we knew he would persevere with Goodwin in the back four , but he's never a central defender and he's far more valuable to us closing down opposing players in the middle of the park. I hope Danny's learned his lesson 'cos if he hasn't and he starts his tinkering nonsense again , he won't be here long !

If we can manage to score the first goal and ask a few questions about the youngsters in the Hearts side, then we could possibly get a result. We need another gritty and determined performance like last night and to show the same amount of spirit and fight.

Our past record at Tynecastle is far from impressive but I feel that after last nights showing we have a more solid looking side that should not be tinkered with for this game.

Sad to say Elvis looks nearer the mark than shull.

5-0 Aberdeen.

Aye elvis was really spot on last night! lol.gif

Hugest league game since...........well last November, the game against Dundee - going in after 6 straight defeats in the league! Lest we forget Dundee were only 1 point behind us and coming to the game in reasonable form. What happened - we won, they went into a tailspin and the rest is history. holiday.gif

A draw wouldn't be a disaster for us but I reckon a win would be a huge psychological blow to Hearts. This is not the place to discuss the other possibility!

COYS!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Interesting to see what changes, if any are made for this game as last night was getting close to our best 11.

I'd be tempted to move Newton into the right back slot with Teale in front of him.

Possibly Cheesy in for Mair if he's fit, although that would be pretty harsh after last night.

Interesting to see what changes, if any are made for this game as last night was getting close to our best 11.

I'd be tempted to move Newton into the right back slot with Teale in front of him.

Possibly Cheesy in for Mair if he's fit, although that would be pretty harsh after last night.

If we change our RB I think Caprice would be the obvious option. Holding the midfield will be paramount on Saturday so to move one of our more aggressive midfielders doesn't seem logical.

I would even advocate leaving Teale in reserve with the intention of giving him the last 1/2 Hour to run at the Hearts backline.

Think it's pretty straight forward for Danny - don't change things! Everyone clicked last night, Mair looked solid and Kelly did very well so therefore surely both deserve to retain their place. McGowan was played in his more advanced role and thrived on it! I just hope if McAusland is fit he doesn't throw him straight back in and move Goody back into CB again.

Checking Stats - recent form at Tyni has been poor - I cant believe it us as long as 2008 - boxing day we last won there - I was given a xmas present for me and my laddie - good present but one that became the best at full time !

Stats go up in air at kick off, COYS get intae them !

below goes back to 1890 but we do hold record of highest win against them in league 7- 3

At Hearts (111) At St. Mirren (108) Results Total % Results Total % Hearts 63 56.76 St. Mirren 44 40.74 St. Mirren 20 18.02 Hearts 34 31.48 Draws 28 25.23 Draws 30 27.78 Goals Total Av.pg Goals Total Av.pg Hearts 225 2.03 St. Mirren 170 1.57 St. Mirren 97 0.87 Hearts 142 1.31 On Neutral Ground (3) Overall (222 matches) Results Total % Results Total % Hearts 1 33.33 Hearts 98 44.14 St. Mirren 2 66.67 St. Mirren 66 29.73 Draws 0 0.00 Draws 58 26.13 Goals Total Av.pg Goals Total Av.pg Hearts 4 1.33 Hearts 371 1.67 St. Mirren 5 1.67 St. Mirren 272 1.23 Highest Hearts score: 6 St. Mirren 0 - 6 Hearts 1987/1988 Highest St. Mirren score: 7 St. Mirren 7 - 3 Hearts 1962/1963

apologies re last post - was in table form but posting has become goblidgook - basically says we due a win and with a bit of belief and confidence from team we can get something out of game

Didn't understand any of your first gobbledygook.

Get that bottle out of your mouth!whistling.gif

Going on last night's showing, Mair should not be dropped.

I wouldn't bring Grainger straight back in either, unless he is demonstrating a genuine desire to get a game against his old club. Even then, it would be harsh to drop Kelly when Grainger has been very disappointing thus far.

Goodwin to stay in the sitting role.

On balance, I would start with the same 11 and see how it pans out.