Hearts V St Mirren Top League 5/10/13

shull

I'd go as far as to say get Dilo on an extended contract now!

I was skeptical about bringing in a 19 year old, but he's very assured looking and more imprtantly, he's our keeper rather than a loanee. It's a worry that he's only on a one year deal, but much like happened with John McGinn last season, I'm sure that will be amended before too long.

I was skeptical about bringing in a 19 year old, but he's very assured looking and more imprtantly, he's our keeper rather than a loanee. It's a worry that he's only on a one year deal, but much like happened with John McGinn last season, I'm sure that will be amended before too long.

The quicker we can get it nailed down before other start sniffing around the better.

Danny deserves a lot of credit. Trying and untested 19 year old in goals, bringing McGinn, McGregor and Mair back into the fold, keeping Kelly in the team and Harkins out of it, as well as playing Goodwin and McGowan in their strongest positions were all pretty big decisions to make. He's made them all at the same time and going on our last two matches, we look a completely different prospect.

For that, he deserves nothing but praise.

Great win today, and one that I'm delighted we got for Danny, I've said he should have been out weeks ago as he wasn't changing a losing side, he changed things on Monday and we look more solid with mair in and Goodwin in his best position, that took a bit of bravery to show he was wrong.

He's changed things and seems to be getting a very good response from the players, great win and well done to all the boys and ans who travelled

Credit to Danny tonight

Danny deserves a lot of credit. Trying and untested 19 year old in goals, bringing McGinn, McGregor and Mair back into the fold, keeping Kelly in the team and Harkins out of it, as well as playing Goodwin and McGowan in their strongest positions were all pretty big decisions to make. He's made them all at the same time and going on our last two matches, we look a completely different prospect.

For that, he deserves nothing but praise.

To be fair, they were decisions he should have made ages ago. I mean freezing out Mair when our defence was the softest in the league, leaving out McGinn when he's been so good whenever he's played, playing McGowan at defensive mid were all decisions any of us could tell you were extremely poor.

Still, he's done it now and it's worked. Thought we were excellent, though lacking a bit in confidence on Monday. That confidence came today. Still a long way to go, but god what a difference the last two games have made.

To be fair, they were decisions he should have made ages ago. I mean freezing out Mair when our defence was the softest in the league, leaving out McGinn when he's been so good whenever he's played, playing McGowan at defensive mid were all decisions any of us could tell you were extremely poor.

Still, he's done it now and it's worked. Thought we were excellent, though lacking a bit in confidence on Monday. That confidence came today. Still a long way to go, but god what a difference the last two games have made.

while I think Mair is a good player, he has never been rock solid and consistent. the other decisions could have detail behind them that we will never be party to

while I think Mair is a good player, he has never been rock solid and consistent. the other decisions could have detail behind them that we will never be party to

Yeah, fair enough. He's not rock solid, but the McAusland and Goodwin partnership has been dreadful for months, so it's a bit bizarre to freeze out an experienced player while those two were losing goals for fun.

Still, it doesn't matter now, he's changed it, we look better and have kept our first clean sheet in what feels like about a million years. Today is a good day!