Hearts V St Mirren Top League 5/10/13

shull

Take a deep breath everyone. We have only 5 points from 8 games, which is still sh1te. This represents a beginning and hopefully there is more to come. Killie being dross and Hearts having a 15 point penalty must not distract from what still lies ahead. More victories required, climb the table asap.

And another thing.

The best player on the park today was Paul McGowan by a country mile. He has been played out of position all season, but when he is played correctly he dominates matches, and he did today: And more...

Sean Kelly by the way, what a player, keep deputising Mr Grainger. Darren McGregor is back, Lee Mair strolled it, he'd be my captain. One more shout though. Dilo. The best 3 goalkeeping performances I've seen from a Saints keeper ever. Yes, I've had too many, but I love this goalie.

We don't have much of a squad, but we have enough if they are properly used. They were on Monday, they were today.

another decent post you have there fud nutz, give you that 1.

Take a deep breath everyone. We have only 5 points from 8 games, which is still sh1te. This represents a beginning and hopefully there is more to come. Killie being dross and Hearts having a 15 point penalty must not distract from what still lies ahead. More victories required, climb the table asap.

Correct but keep doing the basics and the workrate from all we will be looking up

We are the leagues form team :

Only team to have managed 4 points in the last six days. rolleyes.gif

Unbeaten since...... last month . smile.png

Clean sheet in all our October games so far .whistling.gif

Best away record in the SPFL premiership this month. clap2.gif

Well, maybe stretchin things a wee bit but who cares ? thumbup2.gif

& by a country mile , the most handsome & intelligent fans !! bag.gif

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

We are the leagues form team :

Only team to have managed 4 points in the last six days. rolleyes.gif

Unbeaten since...... last month . smile.png

Clean sheet in all our October games so far .whistling.gif

Best away record in the SPFL premiership this month. clap2.gif

Well, maybe stretchin things a wee bit but who cares ? thumbup2.gif

& by a country mile , the most handsome & intelligent fans !! bag.gif

Aye clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Edited by shull

That's why Danny is a league cup winning manager of a Scottish Premiership side while we are mere mortals who post on a football forum claiming we know best about team formations, tactics etc. Delighted for Danny Lennon.

Quite clap.gif

Like a few have said I haven't felt like this since the cup final. If you weren't there today make no mistake this is best I've seen st mirren play in a long time we were superb we had more clear cut chances to score than we've had in every game put together this season. Every player was top notch.

Dilo looks so confident and inw feel we ae a keeper the defence fees they can trust the guys just 19 no doubt hell end upset the top. Get him tied up on a longer contract

Goodwin has to try and stop fouling so much could easily have been sent off if efreee picked up on his first 2 unfinished tackles then had a few after being booked and had to get hooked just wish he'd keep he head

Well done Danny u took alot of stick rightly so but today you deserve so much credit for having the balls to keep Kelly in the team and drop Hawkins and grainier well done

miles better today,again this has to be the standard we start from every week ,if you show this level of passion,willingness,workrate you will always give yourself a chance,whole team was great again today but I will just say a special mention to john mcginn as I thought he was outstanding today

Goodwin has to try and stop fouling so much could easily have been sent off if efreee picked up on his first 2 unfinished tackles then had a few after being booked and had to get hooked just wish he'd keep he head

He did play well though. He may walk a fine line but we look so much more assured with him in there. Just keep the heid Jim:-D

Got to agree, the first half performance was as good as we played against Celtic. I don't agree with the comments that "Goodwin must stop fouling", today the Hearts players did everything in their power to get Jim sent off but did not succeed. How Stevenson escaped cards is a mystery, the booking Jim received was not deserved.

Got to agree, the first half performance was as good as we played against Celtic. I don't agree with the comments that "Goodwin must stop fouling", today the Hearts players did everything in their power to get Jim sent off but did not succeed. How Stevenson escaped cards is a mystery, the booking Jim received was not deserved.

A few Jambos on P&B grudgingly gave him MotM.

I'm delighted that he is back where he belongs, and I suspect this has had a significant bearing on the recent turn-around.

He did play well though. He may walk a fine line but we look so much more assured with him in there. Just keep the heid Jim:-D

It's part of his game - change it and you may very well reduce his effectiveness. He's had 40 yellow cards for us and only gone on to pick up 2 reds. Undoubtedly he's had to be subbed a few times but it all part of the package. By and large he seems to be able to walk the tightrope.

Hugh Murray was similar in that very few of his yellows (over 100 for us IIRC lol.gif ) lead to reds.

When Goodwin is played in midfield he can dominate the central area of the park.

He is a hatchet man; a hard player who will kick players off their game and get right in aboot it when it matters.

Glorious.

This is what every team in the league needs and wants, yet it is what we have.

Rejoice.