Better But Not Enough

Hmmm. Got the lead, never great, but better. Then the equaliser. A decent point but we were at home, the run continues and the bare stats don't detail a spirited showing. The game needed a result one way or the other for us. Not sure where a draw leaves us or Danny. What if we lose on Saturday? Does tonight's point matter then? I'm not convinced.

Would be a good post in the already running matchday thread, No need for this thread at all, none whatsoever, none indeed, absolutely none.

Indeed, indeed indeed T.T.

Still too negative.

We are the Saints and we're back post-1795-0-06798600-1380575251.gif

Would be a good post in the already running matchday thread, No need for this thread at all, none whatsoever, none indeed, absolutely none.

wise words...my "device" isn't easy to navigate, sincere apologies. I'll cut and paste... But it's not negative FFS - you're like my missus, there's a difference between negative and realistic, Jesus Christo Edited by mearnssaint

wise words...my "device" isn't easy to navigate, sincere apologies. I'll cut and paste... But it's not negative FFS - you're like my missus, there's a difference between negative and realistic, Jesus Christo

Indeed, indeed mearnsaint .....

You're negative and i'm realistic god almightio ! tongue.png

Indeed, indeed mearnsaint .....

You're negative and i'm realistic god almightio ! :P

dunno where the o came from there...turned the big man into a Spaniard. Anyway no I'm being realistic....we got a draw at HOME against Aberdeen FFS not Barca, come on. Better than another defeat but still 2 points is not a great return unless of course we beat Hertz on Saturday but I will stick my neck out and say we won't.

Enough for me at the moment as ain't fought in a game like that so far this season and what a difference when the player's play like they did tonight. Terrific work rate and competitiveness throughout the team. There is no doubt we have a few talented players in that dressing room. A lot to build on and hopefully that will continue with a positive result at Tynecastle on Saturday.

dunno where the o came from there...turned the big man into a Spaniard. Anyway no I'm being realistic....we got a draw at HOME against Aberdeen FFS not Barca, come on. Better than another defeat but still 2 points is not a great return unless of course we beat Hertz on Saturday but I will stick my neck out and say we won't.

Aberdeen hadnt conceded a goal in 5 games before the game last night and were off the back of a spirited 5-0 hammering of Falkirk. We more than matched them last night and were unlucky not to go 2-0 up before they equalised.

Considering our poor run, the starting 11 has been re-shaped and Aberdeen are one of the strongest teams in the league, a point was an excellent result.

No doubt that last night was the best performance of the season. Each player looked hungry and motivated. Jim Goodwin looked ten times better in midfield and Sean Kelly made N encouraging competitive debut! That, coupled with the fans in good spoilers and in full voice made the night a very enjoyable one! Perhaps a stand out bit was a guy behind me shouted 'Goodwin, yer sh*te, you shouldnae even be playing', only to be swiftly put in his place by a boy of no more than 11 who told him 'If you think we're sh*te, go home then' much to the amusement of people round about!

and Sean Kelly made N encouraging competitive debut!

I share your sentiments buddie - he is young, he gave the ball away a few times with bad judgement and slack passing, but I like the way he didn't let that faze him / get his head down and he duly bombed back in with some good tackles and forward runs to make up for it. Looking forward to seeing how he can develop at left back as the jury is still out on Grainger.

Thought Kelly did more last night than Grainger has done all season. I would play him from the start against hearts!.

Agreed, it was a great league debut for the lad. We have good, hungry young players at the club and we should utilise them more often.

100% agree with that Ulysses. I also think naismith is another good young player at the club.

I think Kelly looks more direct kind of player where naismith is defensive.

I would honestly play Kelly against hearts and have naismith to come on latter to defend it out.

its weird saying that both are young inexperienced defenders and I would choose both over Grainger!.

100% agree with that Ulysses. I also think naismith is another good young player at the club.

I think Kelly looks more direct kind of player where naismith is defensive.

I would honestly play Kelly against hearts and have naismith to come on latter to defend it out.

its weird saying that both are young inexperienced defenders and I would choose both over Grainger!.

I guess it's similar to Hearts deciding to go with McHattie ahead of Grainger this season too.

Thought Kelly did more last night than Grainger has done all season. I would play him from the start against hearts!.

More importantly he made less mistakes than Granger,

Grainger on paper is a great signing, but I see now why Danny hummed and hawed about signing him. Seems to have lost it