Saturday Is The Pivotal Game Of Our Season

How big a game is this one against Hearts so early in the season?

If we win it will give Danny some breathing space for a few weeks at least and they could even spark a run towards the top 6 that is how quickly it could change. It would make such a difference to the players confidence in getting the win and stretching our advantage to 12 points over Hearts. When I was at the game last night the players looked like they were fighting for the manager and at last apart from Teale being in from the start he got his team right. Our best centre half pairing has always been Mair / McGregor now that he is fit. Goodwin protecting the back 4 with McGowan further forward. Harkins given some time on the sidelines as it needs to one or the other with Gowser having more of a work ethic and is needed at this time. Grainger to be recalled against his old team and we are right.

If we draw. It will be as you were pressure mounting on the manager, player confidence draining, crowds getting smaller.

If we lose. Then even though we are a quarter of the way through the season I feel the BoD will have no choice but to sack Danny Lennon which I dont want but the pressure on him will be enormous from all directions. Then we will be looking at a new manager coming in and whoever that maybe will have a big job trying to lift these players and stop a sinking ship but if they can do that they have a squad of players who have quality more than most in our league.

I have never known a game with so much pressure for us so early in the season ever.

Thoughts?

How big a game is this one against Hearts so early in the season?

If we win it will give Danny some breathing space for a few weeks at least and they could even spark a run towards the top 6 that is how quickly it could change. It would make such a difference to the players confidence in getting the win and stretching our advantage to 12 points over Hearts. When I was at the game last night the players looked like they were fighting for the manager and at last apart from Teale being in from the start he got his team right. Our best centre half pairing has always been Mair / McGregor now that he is fit. Goodwin protecting the back 4 with McGowan further forward. Harkins given some time on the sidelines as it needs to one or the other with Gowser having more of a work ethic and is needed at this time. Grainger to be recalled against his old team and we are right.

If we draw. It will be as you were pressure mounting on the manager, player confidence draining, crowds getting smaller.

If we lose. Then even though we are a quarter of the way through the season I feel the BoD will have no choice but to sack Danny Lennon which I dont want but the pressure on him will be enormous from all directions. Then we will be looking at a new manager coming in and whoever that maybe will have a big job trying to lift these players and stop a sinking ship but if they can do that they have a squad of players who have quality more than most in our league.

I have never known a game with so much pressure for us so early in the season ever.

Thoughts?

Saints vs Rangers - Sunday October 5, 2008. Stephen McGinn scored the only goal in a 1-0 victory.

Immediately before an international break IIRC it was being touted as potentially McPherson's last game in charge - us old-timers have seen it all before! spudnikconfounded.gifI've posted a link to the league table on the morning of the match below;

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/premier-league/2008-2009/table/2008-10-04

Edited by Bud the Baker

Saints vs Rangers - Sunday October 5, 2008. Stephen McGinn scored the only goal in a 1-0 victory.

Immediately before an international break IIRC it was being touted as potentially McPherson's last game in charge - us old-timers have seen it all before! Posted Image

I was there no where near the pressure DL is under

Immediately before an international break IIRC it was being touted as potentially McPherson's last game in charge - us old-timers have seen it all before! spudnikconfounded.gifI've posted a link to the league table on the morning of the match below;

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/premier-league/2008-2009/table/2008-10-04

5 points after 7 games, those were heady days indeed! If only we had half as many after 7 games this season :(

Strangely I don't think it is the defining game of the season. Obviously to win would be nice but a draw leaves hearts 9 points behind after our worst start to the season since em....

Even if they win, its a home game against the team at the bottom of the league (disregarding the deduction) and still leaves them 6 points behind. It would be a major lift for them as they do look as if the wheels are getting wobbly if not actually coming off.

If we loose then it might knock the confidence out of the team again. But if we put in a good performance it might help to build that siege mentality which Hearts already have.

What ever happens our season will be about what happens during the whole season not a one off.

We have already played our most important game of the Season, so far.

Queen of the South knocked us out.

Next most important match will be our first Scottish Cup tie.

Worry about the league March/April 2014.( might be worrying whether we finish 2nd or 3rd ) thumbup2.gif

Meanwhile, whit's that smell ?

It's only the Jambos, f*cking crapping themselves, thinking about Saturday and the Super Saints.

We can close this thread now and move on ...............bye1.gif

Edited by shull

5 points after 7 games, those were heady days indeed! If only we had half as many after 7 games this season sad.png

Fans (& Boards cool.png ) turn against managers and after that their position is always precarious - one game away from the bullet. Lennon's current situation is extreme but hardly unique. even within our own club it's only 11 seasons since our manager was put on gardening leave in the first week in September after being put out of the LC by QotS nerd.gif and a heavy defeat at Love St. to ICT.

We have already played our most important game of the Season, so far.

Queen of the South knocked us out.

Next most important match will be our first Scottish Cup tie.

Worry about the league March/April 2014.( might be worrying whether we finish 2nd or 3rd ) thumbup2.gif

Meanwhile, whit's that smell ?

It's only the Jambos, f*cking crapping themselves, thinking about Saturday and the Super Saints.

We can close this thread now and move on ...............bye1.gif

I see your back in