Eggheads

Gordon Urquhart

Not for me.

I hate these things where the accumulation of knowledge is mistaken for intelligence.

Mind you I'm a grumpy bugger........

I'm guessing, then, that you don't hold much truck with "experience".

I suppose I asked for that.

I was unable to resist.

Experience is great.

Love it.

Highly recommend it.

Well worth paying for.

As long as we're not confusing it with intelligence.

More often than not "experience" is more valuable than "intelligence". At least, that's true in my - ahem - experience.

More often than not "experience" is more valuable than "intelligence". At least, that's true in my - ahem - experience.

Many jobs require an element of intelligence before you get the chance to gain the experience.

Intelligence comes first therefore and experience follows it.

I can't think of a job where that isn't true.

Many jobs require an element of intelligence before you get the chance to gain the experience.

A squaddie in the British Army... in fact ANY national Army

Not for me.

I hate these things where the accumulation of knowledge is mistaken for intelligence.

Mind you I'm a grumpy bugger........

................and that intelligence is generally measured by your ability to accumulate knowledge and apply it in the correct circumstances, be this exams or the workplace. Being able to recall lists of information is no guarantee that a person will be able to function in practical circumstance (although the ability to win money in quizzes may in itself satisfy this criteria) but it is one facet of intelligence.

Who mentioned anything about jobs? If a dog shits on the floor & gets its face rubbed in it it sure as hell won't shit on the floor again. It doesn't take a genius to work that one out, just the accumulation of knowledge. wink.png

I like Eggheads. I would bet that all of that team have a high IQ as well as a very good memory. Even CJ despite being a prick. There was a guy a couple of weeks back on one of the challenging teams who was a much bigger pain in the area than CJ every was. Hard to believe but true.

I was in a quiz team a few years back but we quite often lost out to a team of schoolteacher. We were determined to stuff them one day and we had them in a quiz final one night. But we were short of a few guys that night and had to take a friend of ours called Hugh on our team. Hugh is not the sharpest tack in the box and that is putting it mildly. We reckoned we had no chance. But the good Lord took pity on us that night. I don't remember the year but the date was 8th.January's and for those who might not know.., that is the birthday of a certain Elvis Presley. Now our mate Hugh was about five when Elvis died and he couldn't remember him but he was a massive, massive fan and he was a walking talking encyclopedia of all things Elvis. Because it was his birthday, the quizmaster made the music round all about Elvis and other Elvis questions were thrown in. Hugh wiped the floor with those pain in the arse teachers and we won by a country mile.

I don't know what this has to do with Eggheads. It might contribute to the intelligence v good memory v experience argument though.

Who mentioned anything about jobs? If a dog shits on the floor & gets its face rubbed in it it sure as hell won't shit on the floor again. It doesn't take a genius to work that one out, just the accumulation of knowledge. wink.png

Are we going to get white dog shit pish now? dry.png

I suppose if we did, then it would confirm this oaksoft balloon is in fact bellend lees

Edited by murray street

................and that intelligence is generally measured by your ability to accumulate knowledge and apply it in the correct circumstances, be this exams or the workplace. Being able to recall lists of information is no guarantee that a person will be able to function in practical circumstance (although the ability to win money in quizzes may in itself satisfy this criteria) but it is one facet of intelligence.

Eh? That last sentence makes no sense.

The bit about knowing HOW to use knowledge is correct though.

It is the knowing how to use the knowledge rather than the knowledge itself which has the highest value.

Which was my point. You agreed with that and then contradicted yourself.

Naw! I still don't know him.

I thought the "coconut dug" joke was copyright of Saint Next Lifetime?

Naw, not l. .

Bill Lees/Crispian Chrunchy used to harp on about the joke alot as it was his favourite joke and he loved it if folk asked him to tell it . Basically Bill Lees , had a fascination with shit and that joke. .

Going by Murray Street's obsession with "Bill Lees" and trying to "out him", I think that Murray Street is in actual fact, Bill Lees. sorcerer.gif

laugh.png Obsessed???? This Grammarian Gobblerash used his old boy network with the webmaster and got me barred at least twice, he throws his toys out the pram when he doesn't get his own way, he moderated the General Nonsense part of the forum for a while, made a rip roaring cùnt of it and got punted tongue.png I'm a survivor and am still here.

laugh.png Obsessed???? This Grammarian Gobblerash used his old boy network with the webmaster and got me barred at least twice, he throws his toys out the pram when he doesn't get his own way, he moderated the General Nonsense part of the forum for a while, made a rip roaring cùnt of it and got punted tongue.pngI'm a survivor and am still here.

Like Gloria Gaynor? whistling.gif

lol.gif WTF?

Okay, I shall explain in finer detail. If a person commits an act in all innocence and the outcome is not what they expect and turns out to be rather brutal then that information of said incident will prevent them from repeating the act in order to avoid the same reaction. This is not exclusive to humans but extends further into the animal world, hence the situation I presented in my previous post.

I would’ve thought such an intelligent sentient being like your good self would be able decipher the analogy. Evidently I am incorrect. Either that or you are being deliberately obtuse. Either way, this accumulated knowledge shall be stored for future reference in discussion.

I would’ve thought such an intelligent sentient being like your good self would be able decipher the analogy. Evidently I am incorrect. Either that or you are being deliberately obtuse. Either way, this accumulated knowledge shall be stored for future reference in discussion.

You may or may not be incorrect but you certainly are acting the pompous twat lol.gif

That's my job.

"Paisley" was a Mastermind GK answer on Friday.

The punter got it wrong.

Could you not have told us the question. I didn't see that show but a friend over here tells me that the question was

What is the surname of the charismatic, reverend gentleman from County Armagh who revolutionized Ulster politics over the last forty years