Eggheads

Gordon Urquhart

You may or may not be incorrect but you certainly are acting the pompous twat lol.gif

That's my job.

If you're not getting your point across sometimes you have to resort to the other person's vernacular in order to do so, therefore if I'm communicating with a genuine, bona fide pompous twat, well.....

Okay, I shall explain in finer detail. If a person commits an act in all innocence and the outcome is not what they expect and turns out to be rather brutal then that information of said incident will prevent them from repeating the act in order to avoid the same reaction. This is not exclusive to humans but extends further into the animal world, hence the situation I presented in my previous post.

I would’ve thought such an intelligent sentient being like your good self would be able decipher the analogy. Evidently I am incorrect. Either that or you are being deliberately obtuse. Either way, this accumulated knowledge shall be stored for future reference in discussion.

You may or may not be incorrect but you certainly are acting the pompous twat lol.gif

That's my job.

Proof of the truth of Pavlov's theory. Does that get me on the team?

:)

The pre-existence of a high IQ and adequate social skills is not always a given, and, in respect of some individuals, they seem to be mutually exclusive. This is most evidently manifest in the person who informs you that s/he has a high IQ.

In any event, the IQ test is merely a cobbled together construct that has been discredited so thoroughly that it almost beggars belief that it is still given credence in any quarters. Notwithstanding this, it is perhaps worth noting that I have a very high IQ.

The pre-existence of a high IQ and adequate social skills is not always a given, and, in respect of some individuals, they seem to be mutually exclusive. This is most evidently manifest in the person who informs you that s/he has a high IQ.

In any event, the IQ test is merely a cobbled together construct that has been discredited so thoroughly that it almost beggars belief that it is still given credence in any quarters. Notwithstanding this, it is perhaps worth noting that I have a very high IQ.

So does that mean you're an obnoxious bastard? :blink:

Very true Herbie , I'm in my 16th year of presenting and during the summer , in Spain , I was dared to enter a quiz for the first time this century. There were around twenty teams , a mixture of holidaymakers and ex-pats , and I won it oot the park pocketing 100euros. It was amazing how many questions were asked that I had previously asked !

Like "how long has Danny got?"

• 3 weeks later...

Right, applications open again for end of Feb/March.

I'd be happy to front this and put a team in. Suggest keeping it simple and call the team 'The Buddies'

Having quickly scanned back expressions of interest from:

Me

Zebra Kid

Groover

Herbie (only one I know)

Billy G

Anyone else or not interested now?

Have a look at the application form and rules - link is here Eggheads Application

Suggest send me a PM if serious and perhaps arrange a meet up at a quiz as we need to agree all team details in advance of application.

I watch on series record so haven't seen last couple yet but prize money was up over 30k......