St Mirren V St Johnstone Top League 19/10/13

shull

Great link! Enjoyed the replay to confirm what my eyes saw earlier! 2 pens could be seen as soft but pens none the less and the porkly wright had to go. Good save from the captains pen, not a great pen, but young mclean showed him how to do it! And how sweet thommo's winner! Off to bed happy!

Edited by scam75

Enjoyed the highlights footage there from Murray street, didn't notice during the game from my seat in the west stand that Steven McLean when scoring his equaliser for the fakes giving the young kids in the family stand the get it right up you gesture, what a f****n bellend he is.

Edited by class of 76-77

Wow, shambles of a game...... all the crazy , the good and the bad all on display in one sitting !

Don't care........

A couple of crucial things for me today override the madness.......

Players stayed with it throughout the lapses in our play and believed in their plan , the managers plan

The manager deserves great credit for simply keeping it all together in context , the talk of small steps of progress built on work ethic is good, team spirit seems to be stronger than has been asserted from certain quarters lately

Finally, congratulations to all on back to back wins, for me as a fan to see seven points from nine offers real signs that things can turn. All I want is indication that honesty and hard work pays off. As long as there is a team pulling for a common cause, I'm a happy buddy.

Well done all Paisley minded sorts........

Enjoyed the highlights footage there from Murray street, didn't notice during the game from my seat in the west stand that Steven McLean when scoring his equaliser for the fakes giving the young kids in the family stand the get it right up you gesture, what a f****n bellend he is.

If it bothers you that much get an email sent to Vincent Lunny and get him banned for 3 games.

On another note is it now illegal to tackle? 2 tackles one from Vanzy in first half then Goodwin in the 2nd half both looked to have won the ball. In Vanzy's case if it was a foul then it was a booking for either endangering an opponent or excessive force. In Goodwin's case he was booked for what looked like a fair challenge.

7 points out of 9 is our best SPL run for how long?

Personally i never thought we played that well today, out of our last 3 performances i'd have this performance as the worst of the 3. I thought our ball retention was poor and our defending was all over the place. But, we won, so it's okay.

Thankfully, we have the fire power of guys like McGowan, McLean and Thompson at our disposal, they are doubtlessly among the best players in the nation in their respective positions. These guys really got us out of jail today.

It really is mystifying that a player of the quality of McGowan was being misused/dropped in the early part of the season. Thankfully the management of the football club has seen sense and restored the best number 10 in the country to his rightful position, and the team is reaping the rewards.

Players should be moved to accommodate McGowan, not the other way around. Hopefully the manager won't put his ego and his next 'marquee' signing before the best interests of the team again.

If it bothers you that much get an email sent to Vincent Lunny and get him banned for 3 games.

On another note is it now illegal to tackle? 2 tackles one from Vanzy in first half then Goodwin in the 2nd half both looked to have won the ball. In Vanzy's case if it was a foul then it was a booking for either endangering an opponent or excessive force. In Goodwin's case he was booked for what looked like a fair challenge.

Just pointing out that an experienced pro should have a wee bit more about him than to give gestures like that to young kids, I'm not that bothered as we had the last laugh.

While we're talking of kids, a wee shout out to the panda club who were in fine voice today. During the first half I could hear them singing 'oh when the saints' and making 'wheeeee' noises at the saintees goalie - not bad at all considering I was as far away as w6.

While we're talking of kids, a wee shout out to the panda club who were in fine voice today. During the first half I could hear them singing 'oh when the saints' and making 'wheeeee' noises at the saintees goalie - not bad at all considering I was as far away as w6.

And the many chants of Sheep fell over!!

Our first goal is an absolute cracker. What a move!

Indeed, the passing game, beautiful but also nice to see we mixed it up, the last goal coming from a long deep ball.

The penalty miss was more a save than a poor penalty although McLeans penalty was unstoppable. The amount of knickerwetting on here when the penalty was missed was a joy to behold. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Pity I'm incapacitated, next weeks game could be a cracker. thumbup2.gif

Personally i never thought we played that well today, out of our last 3 performances i'd have this performance as the worst of the 3. I thought our ball retention was poor and our defending was all over the place. But, we won, so it's okay.

Thankfully, we have the fire power of guys like McGowan, McLean and Thompson at our disposal, they are doubtlessly among the best players in the nation in their respective positions. These guys really got us out of jail today.

It really is mystifying that a player of the quality of McGowan was being misused/dropped in the early part of the season. Thankfully the management of the football club has seen sense and restored the best number 10 in the country to his rightful position, and the team is reaping the rewards.

Players should be moved to accommodate McGowan, not the other way around. Hopefully the manager won't put his ego and his next 'marquee' signing before the best interests of the team again.

snore.gif

Indeed, the passing game, beautiful but also nice to see we mixed it up, the last goal coming from a long deep ball.

The penalty miss was more a save than a poor penalty although McLeans penalty was unstoppable. The amount of knickerwetting on here when the penalty was missed was a joy to behold. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Pity I'm intoxicated next weeks game could be a cracker. thumbup2.gif

JAKEY

without wanting to sound negative after a great 3 points, I thought McGregor was shocking defensively yesterday. Great header to set up Thommos winner though.

Totally agree.

Dilo in goals and then moving Goodwin into midfield is what's made the difference. McGregor and Mair coming back were just a bit of a coincidence IMO.

Goody back in there is given the midfield more freedom to venture forward, especially Gowser who was playing so deep towards the start of the season.

Agreed. Then May got away with a blatant dive which was really comical. McGregor (I think) took a step back from him as the ball came in and May went down as if he had been shot when McGregor was a good yard away from him. That should have been a booking.

The penalty miss was more a save than a poor penalty although McLeans penalty was unstoppable. The amount of knickerwetting on here when the penalty was missed was a joy to behold. Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image  

Pity I'm incapacitated, next weeks game could be a cracker. Posted Image

to be fair to any knickerwetter it was a nailbiter and we looked to be throwing it away at every given chance. Everytime we took the lead we couldn't retain the ball, missing a pen and playing against a team that got better when they went down to ten men, were all signs that we were going to make a mess of it.

However we didn't, we got the points, we got the hallowed back to back wins while not playing particularly well. Well done Saints.

Agreed. Then May got away with a blatant dive which was really comical. McGregor (I think) took a step back from him as the ball came in and May went down as if he had been shot when McGregor was a good yard away from him. That should have been a booking.

Was a terrible dive but he didn't book McGowan for a shocker either so he was consistent with that.

May was up to loads of dirt tricks on Saturday, especially jumping into our players who where going to win headers when he wasn't even looking at the ball.

he is the new Paul Hartley type hate figure. His behaviour their last few visits to us has been shocking, wasn't sad to see him stretchered off which I know isn't a good thing to say but f**kem. Also thought wee Brian May was a dick trying to intimidate Dilo when he was kicking it out. Edited by Hambud

to be fair to any knickerwetter it was a nailbiter and we looked to be throwing it away at every given chance. Everytime we took the lead we couldn't retain the ball, missing a pen and playing against a team that got better when they went down to ten men, were all signs that we were going to make a mess of it.

However we didn't, we got the points, we got the hallowed back to back wins while not playing particularly well. Well done Saints.

It was the knee jerk reaction to look for someone to blame that was hilarious.

Sure, we've all experienced us losing games like this but the need for a scapegoat was unnecessary.