St Mirren V St Johnstone Top League 19/10/13

shull

Kenny McLean is an outstanding talent. I still rave about one little piece of action where he dropped his shoulder and left an opponent for dead as he set off on a run from just outside our box. It was a thing of absolute beauty. Indeed, me and a mate simply turned to each other at the time and shook our heads in awe.

Fair enough, he isn't the most consistent player, but I can live with that if I can enjoy the moments of sheer class that the lad is capable of.

Edited by Drew

Back home last night, back on nightshift on Wednesday. Enjoyed my first game of the season on Saturday - so much so that I forgot to take my match day programme home with me.

Thought young Dilo looked good. McGregor had a couple of dodgy moments in the first half but good to see him and Mair get an assist each. Kelly looks a good prospect but needs to brush up on his first touch a bit - we had a couple of good opportunities to push forward or get a cross in but a poor touch by Kelly lost the momentum or possession.

Midfield better with Goodwin there rather than defence - unlucky to be booked but he spends too much time bending the refs ear IMO. McGowan looks better further forward as well and he took a few hefty challenges from the Fakes but just got on with it. Newton, McLean, McGinn & Thommo were good. Thompson won nearly every high ball and what a finish for the winner!

Not sure when I'll get my next game in but could be heading down over the Festive period. I see we have 2 home games on the 26th & 29th.

Keep the Faith COYS.