The "i'll Hold My Hands Up And Say I Was Wrong About Danny

The most important thing is is that the players are clearly fighting both for the team and the manager.

Credit to Danny for making dramatic changes, then sticking with them when they worked, eg. Kelly, dropping Harkins, bringing Mair back in, moving Goodwin back to midfield. It took a lot of guts for Danny to change it. Credit to him.

As long as he doesn't mess about with the team, and the players continue to perform like that every week, we shall be fine.

COYS.

The most important thing is is that the players are clearly fighting both for the team and the manager.

Credit to Danny for making dramatic changes, then sticking with them when they worked, eg. Kelly, dropping Harkins, bringing Mair back in, moving Goodwin back to midfield. It took a lot of guts for Danny to change it. Credit to him.

As long as he doesn't mess about with the team, and the players continue to perform like that every week, we shall be fine.

COYS.

He, Danny Lennon, has already messed about with the team to make it what it was in the last 2 games, or doesn't that count? blink.png

Guest TPAFKATS

Have been as frustrated as the next fan and could not see a way back for Danny but there you go what a difference a week can make make. Who knows if we will win next week but one thing is for sure confidence will be up on this time last week which is no bad thing.

Danny has looked ill lately no doubt from being under severe pressure hopefully the results this week have taken some weight off Danny’s shoulders Tommy to. The balance of the team has been found that works best. Players on the bench will need to wait their turn now , when their turn comes they will need to try harder and show real commitment to the squad.

Well done to the management and players not forgetting the traveling fans who all played their part in this wonderful result today.

Good post LS.

We'll definitely not win next week though - International break wink.png

COYS.

He's the manager shouldn' take a lot of guts to change team, should of made changes weeks ago, why could he not see few weeks ago the team was needing changed? We played well yesterday all credit in front of a big Hearts support, but its a poor Hearts team, but again credit too DL & players.

It's only one game, see what happens over next few weeks.

He's the manager shouldn' take a lot of guts to change team, should of made changes weeks ago, why could he not see few weeks ago the team was needing changed? We played well yesterday all credit in front of a big Hearts support, but its a poor Hearts team, but again credit too DL & players.

It's only one game, see what happens over next few weeks.

Correct ! All the "would be" "wannabe" managers on here knew weeks ago that re-installing Goodwin into the midfield and re-introducing Mair would pay dividends , and so it has proved. Why did it take Danny so long to wake up to it?

Correct ! All the "would be" "wannabe" managers on here knew weeks ago that re-installing Goodwin into the midfield and re-introducing Mair would pay dividends , and so it has proved. Why did it take Danny so long to wake up to it?

To be fair, if you look at the thread with all the "wannabe managers" team choices, there are very few who even came close to our current team selection. My selection, in particular, was miles away.dry.png

But yes, you would have hoped that the manager knew his players well enough to get the balance of the team correct much more quickly.

He's probably also fallen into the trap of feeling that he must play his two major signings, Harkins and Grainger, who for one reason or another, just don't seem to fit into our style of play. Better managers than DL will have made this mistake.

You could also argue that it took an injury to McAusland to force his hand with regards to our pairing in central defence.

I'm happy DL finally seems to be turning things around, because in our current financial state, sacking him and his staff and replacing them with a new manager and his staff, would be a very costly exercise.

Of course, with the takeover bid imminent we'll be rolling in it. Therefore we should have no problems in appointing an expensive new puppet.............................................rolleyes.gif

Indeed.

Bring back Mair, Goodwin in midfield, drop Harkins, McGowan in an attacking role, John McGinn in the side, stop fannying about at the back... all the things I said should happen.

Lennon was bound to stumble across the correct mix eventually.

He'll so make an arse of it again however...

Of course, with the takeover bid imminent we'll be rolling in it. Therefore we should have no problems in appointing an expensive new puppet.............................................rolleyes.gif

Yes , well the names I've heard being banded about would certainly back that up !

it took him 6 games,yes ONLY 6 games

some managers go throu a season and not change

so he tried and tested a few systems,they didnt work out

well done Danny for seeing this after ONLY 6 GAMES

Indeed.

Bring back Mair, Goodwin in midfield, drop Harkins, McGowan in an attacking role, John McGinn in the side, stop fannying about at the back... all the things I said should happen.

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/37146-what-would-be-your-first-choice-xi-and-formation/page-1

A pity your choice in the linked thread doesn't support your claims.bootyshake.gif

You did get McGinn right though.whistling.gif

Your suggested pick:

Cornell

Mair - McAusland - Goodwin - Grainger

McLean - Newton - McGinn - Teale

Bahoken - Thompson

Edited by FTOF

We played well yesterday all credit in front of a big Hearts support, but its a poor Hearts team

Why did it take Danny so long to wake up

I know we have a herd of cows, a pack of lions and a flock of geese but what I want to know is - what's the collective name for a trio of numpties?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gutted "wee clueless" has turned it round.

Quite sad actually.

Cheers for the personal abuse btw.

The childish nature of your post is disgusting, disgusting indeed. My mood is somewhat higher than it has been for weeks due to the fine result yesterday yet I find childish nonsense on this, our beloved forum. Have a wee look at yourself in the mirror and whilst looking yourself in the eye ask "why do I follow the football"?

Brilliant result, brilliant performance and I feel brilliant. The fact still remains however that our result's and performances were woeful until Monday night and as a fan who has purchased a season ticket (actually two) I am entitled to wonder why it took to this week for performances to reach an acceptable level. I could not care less whom the manager of my beloved club happens to be (within reason) as long as club is performing in an acceptable manner. Dan the manager man had my confidence and then lost it, it will take some sustained improvement before my confidence returns. That does not mean I wish him to fail, indeed I wish him to be the most successful manager of all time, ever!

Have a wee look at yourself. Fans were more than entitled to question the dross that was being served up to us. Indeed had the fans not questioned it then something would truly have been wrong in our town. Enjoy the win but please post with more maturity as it is neither big nor clever and personally I want my good mood to continue without having to read such childish dross.

The childish nature of your post is disgusting, disgusting indeed. My mood is somewhat higher than it has been for weeks due to the fine result yesterday yet I find childish nonsense on this, our beloved forum. Have a wee look at yourself in the mirror and whilst looking yourself in the eye ask "why do I follow the football"?

Brilliant result, brilliant performance and I feel brilliant. The fact still remains however that our result's and performances were woeful until Monday night and as a fan who has purchased a season ticket (actually two) I am entitled to wonder why it took to this week for performances to reach an acceptable level. I could not care less whom the manager of my beloved club happens to be (within reason) as long as club is performing in an acceptable manner. Dan the manager man had my confidence and then lost it, it will take some sustained improvement before my confidence returns. That does not mean I wish him to fail, indeed I wish him to be the most successful manager of all time, ever!

Have a wee look at yourself. Fans were more than entitled to question the dross that was being served up to us. Indeed had the fans not questioned it then something would truly have been wrong in our town. Enjoy the win but please post with more maturity as it is neither big nor clever and personally I want my good mood to continue without having to read such childish dross.

I would like to give my opinion on the season so far

Firstly,put yourself in DL's shoes in the summer

He had a 15pts start and signed Harkins and Cornell and granger with Caprice on loan plus the bulk of the team that won the cup,if i were him i would be in a pretty good place.

So he tried his new signings and systems and hoped for a good start,i think,if i remember correctly that Goodwin hit the post with a free-kick before ICT scored three on the bounce....."if only"

Anyway thats neither here nor there as the following 5 games just didnt work out for him and Tommy,so his signings didnt work out the way he had wanted....plenty of time for those players to stand up and be counted as i dont think they are bad players...

The last 2 games has seen us improve and progress with our favoured youngsters showing some great potential and our old guard stepping up to the plate and doing exactly what they should be doing and well done Danny and Tommy for seeing this and implicating it on the park.

yes there is a long way to go but the future is looking brighter and for me i think the fans are getting excited again(for the right reasons)

just my opinion

We,ve all got our opinions on the management of the team, the signings of players, the board etc etc whether they are right or wrong is debateable but one thing for sure is that we won yesterday, so at the very least lets just enjoy the moment.

I would like to give my opinion on the season so far

Firstly,put yourself in DL's shoes in the summer

He had a 15pts start and signed Harkins and Cornell and granger with Caprice on loan plus the bulk of the team that won the cup,if i were him i would be in a pretty good place.

So he tried his new signings and systems and hoped for a good start,i think,if i remember correctly that Goodwin hit the post with a free-kick before ICT scored three on the bounce....."if only"

Anyway thats neither here nor there as the following 5 games just didnt work out for him and Tommy,so his signings didnt work out the way he had wanted....plenty of time for those players to stand up and be counted as i dont think they are bad players...

The last 2 games has seen us improve and progress with our favoured youngsters showing some great potential and our old guard stepping up to the plate and doing exactly what they should be doing and well done Danny and Tommy for seeing this and implicating it on the park.

yes there is a long way to go but the future is looking brighter and for me i think the fans are getting excited again(for the right reasons)

just my opinion

I totally agree that over the past few days all things Paisley football are indeed looking brighter. Long may it continue,

It was entirely fair for those who care deeply about our beloved club to question why the run of appalling form was allowed to continue for so long. I was left very disappointed by our defensive failings and whilst credit must go to the management team for sorting it out the legitimate question remains as to why it took so long. As I said in my previous post I wish our manager the very bust of luck and hope that for the sake of the quality of my life that he be successful. Dan the manger man has my best of wishes and I hope that he turns this corner and delivers a more vibrant and successful brand of football down Greenhill Road way, I really do. My confidence in him has been severely dented and I can attribute that mainly to an abject failure to play players in the best position and to stick with Mr Goodwin at centre half when Mr Mair was left sitting at home or being dragged round Ikea by his missus. This cost my beloved team dearly and I am left worried that such an act of stupidity was allowed to continue for so long. Dan the manager man may yet win back my confidence but it was not easily lost and it will not easily be regained.

Is it not just typical of our team to suddenly hit a streak of form just before an international break?

A very fine win yesterday but not before time. We now have to start producing results like this one every other week. We won't expect miracles but a run of good wins every now and then is not too much in this league. It is not acceptable that we have won only two in 21. Much better yesterday though and if we can build on it then that would be brilliant

What, may I ask, are you on about?