The "i'll Hold My Hands Up And Say I Was Wrong About Danny

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gutted "wee clueless" has turned it round.

Quite sad actually.

Cheers for the personal abuse btw.

What is sad is someone like starting a pointless thread cos we won one game, Now if we had won 3 or 4 in a row I could see the point in it, I don't care who the manager is as long as the team is doing well,

What is sad is someone like starting a pointless thread cos we won one game, Now if we had won 3 or 4 in a row I could see the point in it, I don't care who the manager is as long as the team is doing well,

Being positive now gets you labelled as sad...what a strange thing to say. Why is this thread any more pointless than any others started this season?

Being positive now gets you labelled as sad...what a strange thing to say. Why is this thread any more pointless than any others started this season?

it would be great if we now went on to win another couple of games - i have actually heard people saying that sps might have been right all along - how sad is that - you want negs to be right FFS wake up and get behind the team - no matter who the manager is

He's that fcuked off that Lennon might, and it's early days, be turning the club he's supposed to support around, that his brain is exploding with bitterness.

There have been plenty of balanced posts recently that have pointed out the concern for the club, sps hasn't contributed any of them.

Let's try to stay positive, let the narrow minded stick to their view, no matter what, it keeps them happy/sad.

As long as we remain detached from the pack I think Danny will remain under pressure. If we are further adrift at xmas than we are now then I wonder if there might be a change.

Whilst it's unlikely that Hearts side will collect 15 points more than us come May, we could easily go down via the playoffs.

Given it's Danny's 4th season and Rangers are absent from the league, we should really be looking at consolidating around 7th or 8th rather than battling to avoid 11th.

The voice of positivity is back online. Next home game should be winnable. My issue is not really 12th place, its the playoff concern. It would be f**king exciting though.

Anyone?

Perhaps we should get a new poll set up...remember when they were all the rage last month.

we have 5 points out of 24 and have been knocked out of the cup in the first round, so we've still had a shocking start, however the last 2 games have been very encouraging. Would love to see danny and the team do well, but we have a long way to go. Great couple of matches against 2 tricky teams - onwards and upwards hopefully!

we have 5 points out of 24 and have been knocked out of the cup in the first round, so we've still had a shocking start, however the last 2 games have been very encouraging. Would love to see danny and the team do well, but we have a long way to go. Great couple of matches against 2 tricky teams - onwards and upwards hopefully!

This.

Pretty much sums up the season so far, very poor start, 2 games have been encouraging but if we lose the next couple of games then the last 2 games mean next to nothing, both for our morale and the slight green shoots of positivity.

Fingers crossed.

I've never really rated Lennon as anything more than slightly better than average as a manager, consequently I wasn't that surprised with our poor start to the season given our appalling summer in the transfer market.

I reckon he's just about got our best team on the park over the last two games and hopefully he won't be swayed by the sentimentalists into giving Teale a regular start.

My view is pretty much unchanged since the start of the summer - yesterday's win probably gives Lennon until the end of November when we will have to decide whether to stick or twist. I would be unwilling to offer him a new contract unless he can get us up to 8th place. If we remain in our current position then I'd probably give him till the end of the season to see if he could reach 8th place. If we were to drop to 11th then I'd want a new manager installed in time for the January transfer window.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I've never really rated Lennon as anything more than slightly better than average as a manager, consequently I wasn't that surprised with our poor start to the season given our appalling summer in the transfer market.

I reckon he's just about got our best team on the park over the last two games and hopefully he won't be swayed by the sentimentalists into giving Teale a regular start.

My view is pretty much unchanged since the start of the summer - yesterday's win probably gives Lennon until the end of November when we will have to decide whether to stick or twist. I would be unwilling to offer him a new contract unless he can get us up to 8th place. If we remain in our current position then I'd probably give him till the end of the season to see if he could reach 8th place. If we were to drop to 11th then I'd want a new manager installed in time for the January transfer window.

BtB how about judging the team on yesterdays performance without the manager in mind......do you think they can get us up the table

BtB how about judging the team on yesterdays performance without the manager in mind......do you think they can get us up the table

1) The title of the thread is - The "i'll Hold My Hands Up And Say I Was Wrong About Danny Thr

2) Sadly no I don't think we will move higher up the table than 9th and that will depend on whether Partick can maintain their current form or not. Sadly I do not think we are capable of going on the sort of runs that St. Johnstone & Ross County wnet on last season with the current squad.

I might be willing to give Lennon a bit of leeway on 8th place if we were closer to it than 10th but as I've said elsewhere unless Bahoken improves I don't see us being able to put together the sort of run that will take us much further up the table.

1) The title of the thread is - The "i'll Hold My Hands Up And Say I Was Wrong About Danny Thr

2) Sadly no I don't think we will move higher up the table than 9th and that will depend on whether Partick can maintain their current form or not. Sadly I do not think we are capable of going on the sort of runs that St. Johnstone & Ross County wnet on last season with the current squad.

I might be willing to give Lennon a bit of leeway on 8th place if we were closer to it than 10th but as I've said elsewhere unless Bahoken improves I don't see us being able to put together the sort of run that will take us much further up the table.

fair comment and i respect your opinion,i think the players are starting to believe in themselves which is a good thing.it really is up to them to show some camaraderie when they cross the white line and i also believe we are better than killie,hibs partick and ross county.

fair comment and i respect your opinion,i think the players are starting to believe in themselves which is a good thing.it really is up to them to show some camaraderie when they cross the white line and i also believe we are better than killie,hibs partick and ross county.

What a nice post, thank you very much! Seriously, it is refreshing, I like to come on here and discuss Saints with fellow sufferers but all too often people react to any criticism of their opinions as a personal insult. Many of my ideas & theories about football have turned out to be half-baked (sic) but I'm doomed to keep on posting here and it's a joy to read someone like yourself who probably disagrees with my opinions replying courteously. As Nick Lowe said what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding? cloud9.gif

Let's hope the recent form continues and in the words of that wise old owl shull Saints move onwards and upwards!