The "i'll Hold My Hands Up And Say I Was Wrong About Danny

I watched Mair and McGregor play together in the under 20'. It did not fill me with confidence. To be fair , Mcgregor has been coming from injury and was clearly not match sharp, although in the last game I saw him (think it was Ross county) he was a lot better. Mair presumably was rusty and needed game time too. I think if they had played in the earlier games they might not have been ready. Similarly I think Granger needs some games in the under 20's get up to game speed. Although in the mean time Kelly might make the left back position his own,

Edited by insaintee

Rather like his first season in charge Lennon has ditched his footballing principles and changed to a more combative style of play - as long as he doesn't revert to type we should be in no danger of automatic relegation but there's a lack of goals in the squad and unless Bahoken (who hasn't started any of the last three games cool.png ) comes good it's hard to see us catching the pack. Not that this particularly bothers me - my targets for any Saints manager are 10th place and not being put out of the Cups by a team from a lower division (Oooops!) but it's gonna be a bumpy ride over the next few months and I predict a few more meltdowns from the Top Six crowd. death.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Things can surely only get better.

Particularly as last season was our worst in the top flight in the past 40 years!

Despite winning a national cup final?

I would suggest that made last season one of the best in a generation.

But, hey....don't let that get in the way of a bit of mediocre trolling Andy.

Guest somner9

See danny taken my advice and papped Grainger into the U20's along with Harkins.

The St Mirren Under-20 side put another point on the board last night as they played out a no-scoring draw with their counterparts from Falkirk.

It proved to be very much a night of missed chances at the Falkirk Stadium as both sides created enough to break the deadlock but failed to capitalise on them.

St Mirren: K. Hughes, Cuddihy, Stewart, Naismith, Williams, Granger, Dillon, Harkins, Bahoken, Reilly, Brady.
Used Subs: Scullion, Morgan, Mallan.
Unused Subs: McLear, Thomson, Baird.

The young Saints are back in action next Tuesday evening (15th October) when they go head to head with Dundee United at the Excelsior Stadium, home of Airdrieonians. Kick-off – 6:00pm.

Anyone who has ever played football at a decent level will know how difficult it is to win a match, you need confidence, form, technical ability (which we have), belief, etc. All of them have to come at the same time for your team to win on that given day. We are all typical supporters who think we can run a football club or pick the team.......

We should be getting behind the team, the SPL has about 7 teams who are all about the same level and that includes St Mirren, so a bit of support from is fans will go a long way.

Get behind the players and manager when things are going bad and when things are going good. COYS.

Anyone who has ever played football at a decent level will know how difficult it is to win a match, you need confidence, form, technical ability (which we have), belief, etc. All of them have to come at the same time for your team to win on that given day. We are all typical supporters who think we can run a football club or pick the team.......

We should be getting behind the team, the SPL has about 7 teams who are all about the same level and that includes St Mirren, so a bit of support from is fans will go a long way.

Get behind the players and manager when things are going bad and when things are going good. COYS.

r u johns boy?