Players You Have A Strong Dislike/hatred For.

Doakes

Except Nacho Novo, we all know he's a c*nt.

Who else do we Buddies dislike?

Not sure why, but I have an irrational hatred for David Goodwillie. He just seems like the kind of guy you would want to punch square in the face if you met him in the pub.

Players whom, consistently scored against us are generally "hated"..

Guys like Novo, Hartley, Robson and if you were going to sign for us and then went to some other mob for more cash and THEN scored against us, hated even more(Beatie). .

I don't hate anyone , but Tok*ly came close and I did sing the songs to annoy the c**t if nothing else. .

Not healthy to have a hateful attitude.

Got to rise above all those who annoy you.

Dinnae be like them.

Very true, very true indeed.

That said a little bit of irrational hatred can be enjoyable.

Player's who immediately spring to mind

Peter Grant - moaning weasal faced little shite

Scott Brown - moaning weasal faced little shite (the Miranda slap still makes me laugh)

Kenny Miller - moaning little shite

Ross Tokely - Career ending, thug like big shite

Davie Hay - I just took a right dislike to him and I hated him being our manager

Davie McPherson - Stupid hair do and loved time wasting

Mark Hately - Over paid, stupid big white toothed moaning thug shite

Andy Gray - Big bawheid that scored a header against us with his eyes shut and he was boring

Dave Bowman - Ginger haired ugly thugshite

Jim Bett - Big thug shite

Davie Dodds - Ginger haired ugly shite and his ginger tache made me want to vomit

Artur Boruc - Big holy moly bigot halfwit

This list is by no means exhaustive

Edited by TediousTom

Who was the wee girly blonde locks that played for Ayr Utd and managed to get Barry Lavety and Paul Lambert sent off in a game down in Ayr in the 1990's before a Mr Chic Charnley walked onto the park, headbutted him, spat on him (I think) before being sent straight off and subsequently sacked from our club?

The referee was a Joe Timmons, that much I do recall.

I hated thon wee girly blonde locks fellow as well althougn not enough that I can remember his name

I dinnae hate anybody.

Come on Shull. Yer a wee bit hatey when it comes tae Naisy, Broony, Hutty and Whitty.

I agree though. I've not hated a player since I was a wean. Back then i hated loads though. Some that spring to mind are:-

Gregor Stevens

Peter Millar

Willie Pettigrew

Alex MacDonald

John MacDonald

Tony Higgins (??)

Tommy Burns (??)

John Grieg

Derek Johnstone

Andy Ritchie

Gordon Strachan

The list is probably endless, but there's a few. The ones with the "??" are because I cannae remember any good reason why I hated them so much. The others I think speak for themselves.

ETA : I could never bring myself to hate Paul Hartley. Don't know if it's because I was older by then, but I used to just find myself thinking..."Fair play tae ye son. Ye certainly know how tae wind these dafties up".

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Never been bothered by on the field stuff which I've always regarded as a bit pantomimy.

Hate is a bit strong but I never liked Tommy Burns because he tended to blur the lines between SellickFootballClub and being a Catholic. Set the bar high for victim football club. IIRC it was that generation of Celtic players who introduced the phrase "play for the cause" which I (as a lapsed Catholic) was uncomfortable with.

As an aside a question I've asked on a few occasions here and on P&B - was there any previous between Tokely & Chris Kerr from the earlier cup games up Sneckie way because that tackle and his reaction afterwards was totally over the top and out of context in a game that I recall as being low key until that point.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Who was the wee girly blonde locks that played for Ayr Utd and managed to get Barry Lavety and Paul Lambert sent off in a game down in Ayr in the 1990's before a Mr Chic Charnley walked onto the park, headbutted him, spat on him (I think) before being sent straight off and subsequently sacked from our club?

The referee was a Joe Timmons, that much I do recall.

I hated thon wee girly blonde locks fellow as well althougn not enough that I can remember his name

Tommy Walker

Great post TPAFKA J2 !

I suppose i'm still riled by the Fir Park Thugs 1977 and their manager Willie McLean.

Hartley, i thought was great , at fitba and at winding up the mock offended.

I didnae hate Grady either.

Players / Managers/ people with football connections that get on my goat

never hated anybody except Thatcher.

Alex McDonald

Peter McCloy

Gregor Steven

Packy Bonnar ( used to hold onto the ball for about 10 minutes when C#ltic were winning and he got a passback)

Anyone who ever played for Hearts.

Iain Scanlons Beard

Davie Dodds just because he was Davie Dodds

Davie Cooper the best wind up artist ever.

John Greig

Don Revie and anyone who ever played for Leeds when he was the manager.

Ian Ure

Stevie Archibalds bumfluff beard.

Gus (mr entertainment) McPherson

Alex Millar

Scott Brown

Craig Beatie

Ian Hart

Hearts ,Hearts, Hearts and Tyncastle

the auld firm.

Just remembered Jimmy Bone and his 5 year plan to get Saint Mirren to the top.

this was the best way of keeping your job inspite of not being very good at the job in the first place

still not sure if I loved his plan or hated it. but the next time I go for a new job I might be tempted to use this rather cunning /silly masterplan to get at least 3 years in a job before I get rumbled as being useless.

Edited by stevie-dee

I don't see the point in having a strong dislike or hatred for any sportsman/woman or anyone "famous". The chances are I will never get to know them as people or have any reason to have to deal with them in anyway that could make a serious impact on my life so I don't really bother about them to be honest.

I'm guessing that the worlds of sport/film/television/politics etc. will have people employed within them who aren't the nicest of people but that's the same within every working environment and street and part of life so c'est la vie. I don't think I can actually say I "hate" anyone I've ever come across in life. One person who probably came close to being "hated" by me was someone who did something to a friend's house. One of my old bosses didn't like the word hate and would say to his kids "you don't hate anyone" and I think that's the best way to be.

Hmmm. I think you might be taking a daft wee bit of fun thread a wee bit too seriously mate.