Players You Have A Strong Dislike/hatred For.

Doakes

Guest TPAFKATS

Players / Managers/ people with football connections that get on my goat

never hated anybody except Thatcher.

Alex McDonald

Peter McCloy

Gregor Steven

Packy Bonnar ( used to hold onto the ball for about 10 minutes when C#ltic were winning and he got a passback)

Anyone who ever played for Hearts.

Iain Scanlons Beard

Davie Dodds just because he was Davie Dodds

Davie Cooper the best wind up artist ever.

John Greig

Don Revie and anyone who ever played for Leeds when he was the manager.

Ian Ure

Stevie Archibalds bumfluff beard.

Gus (mr entertainment) McPherson

Alex Millar

Scott Brown

Craig Beatie

Ian Hart

Hearts ,Hearts, Hearts and Tyncastle

the auld firm.

Just remembered Jimmy Bone and his 5 year plan to get Saint Mirren to the top.

this was the best way of keeping your job inspite of not being very good at the job in the first place

still not sure if I loved his plan or hated it. but the next time I go for a new job I might be tempted to use this rather cunning /silly masterplan to get at least 3 years in a job before I get rumbled as being useless.

Gus and Millar but not david hay huh.png

Come on Shull. Yer a wee bit hatey when it comes tae Naisy, Broony, Hutty and Whitty.

I agree though. I've not hated a player since I was a wean. Back then i hated loads though. Some that spring to mind are:-

Gregor Stevens

Peter Millar

Willie Pettigrew

Alex MacDonald

John MacDonald

Tony Higgins (??)

Tommy Burns (??)

John Grieg

Derek Johnstone

Andy Ritchie

Gordon Strachan

The list is probably endless, but there's a few. The ones with the "??" are because I cannae remember any good reason why I hated them so much. The others I think speak for themselves.

ETA : I could never bring myself to hate Paul Hartley. Don't know if it's because I was older by then, but I used to just find myself thinking..."Fair play tae ye son. Ye certainly know how tae wind these dafties up".

How could anyone hate Andy Ritchie sad.png ????

Not at all Stevie.

As I said in one of my posts:-

Or are you one of the "in gang" that think that only your opinion matters and that everyone else is wrong?

As for the "liberal outlook" bit, I'm not sure of course but I'm guessing you are a fan of Herr Salmond and Frau Sturgeon? rolleyes.gif

Oh! please calm down

I don't do gangs or politics but I have a shit load of opinions. most not worth a jot but opinions non the less.

ETA : I could never bring myself to hate Paul Hartley. Don't know if it's because I was older by then, but I used to just find myself thinking..."Fair play tae ye son. Ye certainly know how tae wind these dafties up".

This.

Indeed DMC!

Let's be honest here.

This thread should probably have been titled which players who do not/have never played for St. Mirren and Scotland do you wish do/had? Let's face it - the players who have all been booed or vilified throughout history by supporters are the ones who have scored or been a great player for other teams.

Guys like Paul Hartley and James Grady and countless others that I can't remember at the moment have all done damage for want of a better to word to St. Mirren at some point hence why the fans didn't like them. Job done!

Good post, although must work harder on originality. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Not at all TPAFKA.

I've been to numerous games supporting Club and Country where I've witnessed "grown up" Men and Women almost frothing at the mouth because of an opposition player.  To me it's embarrassing and to be honest only shows how hatred can spiral out of control and takeover an individual's life.  Why should I have a strong dislike or hatred of another human being who I know very little about?  It just doesn't make any sense in my book.  The people who are the so called "villains" of sport usually revel in being "hated" as well, another reason not to bother with it.  In past matches some of our fans sang towards Ross Tokely but if you looked at him he didn't care.  In fact sometimes you could see him laugh and I remember an incident at the old St. Mirren Park (God rest her blessed soul) with the fans singing "if you hate Ross Tokely clap your hands" and Tokely himself clapped!  I actually laughed when he did that because to me it showed the "boo boys" they were wasting their time because the guy didn't give a toss about us!

If fans really wanted to annoy these so called "villains" (to me they're more like Pantomime villains to be honest) then they shouldn't make any noise towards them.  That would probably make the player(s) in question think that no-one gave a toss about them, which they shouldn't really!

I'm just expressing my opinion on it.  If you're happier having a strong dislike or hatred of someone, fair enough, you crack on as is your right to do so.  I honestly don't mind but please respect my decision not to be like the stereotypical football fan! Posted Image

in wrestling they are called 'Heales' but tell me, do you boo at a panto? Do you shout 'he's behind you' when the crocodile is behind Peter Pan ready to eat him or do you not bother because no matter what you say Peter and the crocodile will follow the script?

"Heales"? I've never heard of that before! To be fair to me I never have "followed" wrestling.

I enjoyed this - gave me a wee laugh! I don't go to Pantomimes mate. I hear enough "boo boys" at St. Mirren Park without hearing them at Pantomimes as well! thumbup2.gif

its actually heel sorry for misleading you, I stumbled across the wrestling forum whil on P&B one day and its amazing how serious they take it and all the terminology they use, I had to google wrestling terms to know what they mean.