Friendly Match For Saturday

It's bloody ages till the Fakes Match and Scotland aren't playing till next Tuesday.

So why don't we arrange a kickabout this Saturday at St Mirren Park. ( with Season Tickets valid of course )

We have found good form so it would be ideal to keep us ticking over till St johnstone come visiting.

We could play Dunfermline Athletic.

It's bloody ages till the Fakes Match and Scotland aren't playing till next Tuesday.

So why don't we arrange a kickabout this Saturday at St Mirren Park. ( with Season Tickets valid of course )

We have found good form so it would be ideal to keep us ticking over till St johnstone come visiting.

If we did arrange this game, what formation, tactics, and team selection should we go with?

Guest somner9

Ok..! so which forum members do you think would be up to the task of dispatching the Dung..?

who will be captain, and will the 'Cock or Hen' protocol prevail over team and tactic selection..?

nah,,get the soap dodgers back

What about all the players away on international duty?

I filled the blank day.

Lincoln City 0 - 1 Aldershot.(pen 46m)

Crowd 2748

It was raining and misty. I longed for tippy tippy fitba compared with the long ball punts to players with half the skill and control of Billy Mehmet.

It made me realise just how much brighter it can be to watch St Mirren even at the foot of SPHell, than to drop out of the league and be scratching for a way back in....

Lincoln has a population of 98,000, has no close bigot-brother style distractions, are now lying 9th in their league and can't attract fans.

Despite bottled beers and burgers, ht crossbar challenge to win £1100 -and kids fitba it was not fun.

Bloody drummers were the final straw... :(

I filled the blank day.

Lincoln City 0 - 1 Aldershot.(pen 46m)

Crowd 2748

It was raining and misty. I longed for tippy tippy fitba compared with the long ball punts to players with half the skill and control of Billy Mehmet.

It made me realise just how much brighter it can be to watch St Mirren even at the foot of SPHell, than to drop out of the league and be scratching for a way back in....

Lincoln has a population of 98,000, has no close bigot-brother style distractions, are now lying 9th in their league and can't attract fans.

Despite bottled beers and burgers, ht crossbar challenge to win £1100 -and kids fitba it was not fun.

Bloody drummers were the final straw... sad.png

Yes, the reality, rather than some romantic idea of how good playing in the lower leagues would be.

PS Why single out Billy Mehmet? tongue.png

Yes, the reality, rather than some romantic idea of how good playing in the lower leagues would be.

PS Why single out Billy Mehmet? :P

None of the long balls stuck to the LC forwards they were punted at. They had no control - unlike Billy M. I thought, 'he could do a job, here, he could at least hold the ball and give some respite to the poorly organised defence'...

There was one LC lad - Nolan. A midfielder with bags of talent and vision who was quite wasted there. As a consequence, except in small bursts, he looked only half interested and showed a 1/4 of the energy and passion of Gowser.

None of the long balls stuck to the LC forwards they were punted at. They had no control - unlike Billy M. I thought, 'he could do a job, here, he could at least hold the ball and give some respite to the poorly organised defence'...

There was one LC lad - Nolan. A midfielder with bags of talent and vision who was quite wasted there. As a consequence, except in small bursts, he looked only half interested and showed a 1/4 of the energy and passion of Gowser.

It seems kind of sad. Sounds like Lincoln are trying hard but nobody wants to know. It's not as if there were Premier games on the telly to keep folks at home or in the pub.

What was up with the drummers? I got my drummers badge in the BB so I've got an ear for it, you know.

To be fair to the f**kin drummers, they did try to vary the f**kin rhythm now and again, and hunners o wee boys around them chanted along and sang as best they could to encourage the team.

I sat at the far end of that stand. I couldn't shift any further.

Your post helps me be a bit more understanding, though.

Most drummers are acknowledged to have perforated eardrums.... probably caused by sticking badges in them.