Could You 'take' Goody..?

Guest somner9

Guest somner9

If a fans-v-team game was arranged and you were up against 'mon Kapitan' who thinks they could take him?

or for that matter who else in the squad would you love to swap stud marks with..?

personally I wouldn't start with the 'big dog'... i'd be inclined to clip TC's heels as he trotted doon the tunnel at the start!

Nobody here could. They might think they could, based on how they play in their own 5s / 7s / 11s team, but that's not a good reference point. In spite of how much many (myself included) might moan about some players, it's all about different levels. Playing against a fan / casual footballer or even relatively competitive player would be childsplay for any of our first team squad. They would be quicker, crisper on the ball and extremely quick to release the ball if pressed. Jim Goodwin would seriously extract the urine out of any of us who went against him.

Guest somner9

Nobody here could. They might think they could, based on how they play in their own 5s / 7s / 11s team, but that's not a good reference point. In spite of how much many (myself included) might moan about some players, it's all about different levels. Playing against a fan / casual footballer or even relatively competitive player would be childsplay for any of our first team squad. They would be quicker, crisper on the ball and extremely quick to release the ball if pressed. Jim Goodwin would seriously extract the urine out of any of us who went against him.

I don't think he'd have to..! their are posters far(away) and wide on here who give it away for free..!clap.gif

Years ago, I played competitively alongside a guy who played for a semi-pro team.

We were a good team but he wiped the floor with all of us.

Can't imagine playing with full pros from the SPL.

Guest somner9

Years ago I played amateur foorball in Germany. the first team were in Bundesliga 2, used to train regularly with the reserves, mainly younger guys, dealt with them ok. got to train with the first team a couple of times, but after the traditional end of session match their coach said I wouldn't be allowed to play against them again.

again dealt with them ok as a wingback.

They don't like it up 'em