Business Bank Accounts

E=Mc2

I'm pulling me fecking hair out.

I control various business accounts for companies.

Royal Bank online - straight forward with a good app on the phone. Does everything I need.

Bank of Scotland online - a bit more complicated to operate online but works well.

Santander (formerly A+L) - driving me crazy. Locks me out. Needs to send, over a 10 day period, new security number, new ID number, and a new password. This has happened 4 times. Even now when I don't destroy their letters as instructed (as I thought I was doing something wrong) and have them in front of me when I'm logging in, it has not let me in.

The problem is Santander give good interest on balances and I'm loathe to give up on them.

Am I alone in having a bad experience with Santander?

I'm pulling me fecking hair out.

I control various business accounts for companies.

Royal Bank online - straight forward with a good app on the phone. Does everything I need.

Bank of Scotland online - a bit more complicated to operate online but works well.

Santander (formerly A+L) - driving me crazy. Locks me out. Needs to send, over a 10 day period, new security number, new ID number, and a new password. This has happened 4 times. Even now when I don't destroy their letters as instructed (as I thought I was doing something wrong) and have them in front of me when I'm logging in, it has not let me in.

The problem is Santander give good interest on balances and I'm loathe to give up on them.

Am I alone in having a bad experience with Santander?

Yes.

no................

It strikes me that Santander over promise , but hugely fail to deliver. Fwiw, I'm underwhelmed with them.

In my experince despite all the negative press that RBS seems to attract , virtue of the usual gutter press red top headline grabs, ...the RBS are far ahead of any other bank , by miles, in terms of on line e banking and also by and large the staff in their branches compared to other banking groups

B of S are a sad joke by comparison.

no................

It strikes me that Santander over promise , but hugely fail to deliver. Fwiw, I'm underwhelmed with them.

In my experince despite all the negative press that RBS seems to attract , virtue of the usual gutter press red top headline grabs, ...the RBS are far ahead of any other bank , by miles, in terms of on line e banking and also by and large the staff in their branches compared to other banking groups

B of S are a sad joke by comparison.

I used to have an ISA (for my kids) with Santander. When the initial interest rate offer expired, I called them to discuss what options they might have in order for me to remain their customer. The best they could offer was a poorer interest rate, and, even then, I would have to sign up to a current account that would cost £12 a month. Woeful stuff, and very little effort to retain my custom. I transferred the funds to my own bank - Clydesdale - and it couldn't have been easier.

I'm no fan of banks, but I expect them to make a bit more of an effort to attract/retain my custom (however reluctant that might be). It strikes me that Santander are complacent at best.

B of S ...............

I should have added that they are pro actively removing o/d facilitiy to personal and business account holders across the board just now. Generic impersonal letters are being sent indicating that the facility is being reduced / closed in the near future ?!?!

People then phone up and eventually get speaking to a human.................they challenge the letter , heh hoh, the threat of withdrawal is removed !?!?!

Magic stuff 1eye.gif

It would appear that Bof S is in a bit of a tangle just now.................just like everything else, banking went and over complicated and over stretched itself as a traditional business, and now , end result , we , yes tax paying joe soap, bails them out , then they have the temerity to phuck us about over our own money.

The banking industry bangin.gif a classic economic parable for our times

Guest somner9

I used to have an ISA (for my kids) with Santander. When the initial interest rate offer expired, I called them to discuss what options they might have in order for me to remain their customer. The best they could offer was a poorer interest rate, and, even then, I would have to sign up to a current account that would cost £12 a month. Woeful stuff, and very little effort to retain my custom. I transferred the funds to my own bank - Clydesdale - and it couldn't have been easier.

I'm no fan of banks, but I expect them to make a bit more of an effort to attract/retain my custom (however reluctant that might be). It strikes me that Santander are complacent at best.

Given the obvious wealth the owner of a much trusted bank is sure to have I have to ask:

A- why bank with santander when you own your own bank?

B- shouldn't you have had an offer in with the selling consortium some time ago?

B of S ...............

I should have added that they are pro actively removing o/d facilitiy to personal and business account holders across the board just now. Generic impersonal letters are being sent indicating that the facility is being reduced / closed in the near future ?!?!

People then phone up and eventually get speaking to a human.................they challenge the letter , heh hoh, the threat of withdrawal is removed !?!?!

Magic stuff 1eye.gif

It would appear that Bof S is in a bit of a tangle just now.................just like everything else, banking went and over complicated and over stretched itself as a traditional business, and now , end result , we , yes tax paying joe soap, bails them out , then they have the temerity to phuck us about over our own money.

The banking industry bangin.gif a classic economic parable for our times

Not sure I follow the logic over "then they have the temerity to phuck us about over our own money"...it's an overdraft, it's the bank's money, not yours!

Not sure I follow the logic over "then they have the temerity to phuck us about over our own money"...it's an overdraft, it's the bank's money, not yours!

no, no, sorry, meant as more of a generic slap in terms of them bolstering their own balance sheets with tax payers money and failing the lending criteria set on them.

My rant went from specific to rambling , sorry bout that whistling.gif

I've had dealings with Santander a few times on behalf of clients and found them very unhelpful to put it mildly. Just a couple of weeks back a guy I know discovered that a two year bond had matured in January's and as Santander hadn't heard from him, the interest rate had been reduced to about half a percent. The bond was for 40K We decided to cash it in and had a hell of a job getting the cash back because my client wasn't well enough to call in in person. I got a solicitor pal to drop them a note and they caved in quicker than St. Mirren's defence on a bad day. That wasn't an isolated incident.

Clydesdale are a total nightmare. Business banking online is pish and expensive.

Customer service is dreadful also.

I haven't used their business facilities, and, at times, have found their customer services wanting, but, as I say, I don't have a great deal of positive things to say about any bank.

Given the obvious wealth the owner of a much trusted bank is sure to have I have to ask:

A- why bank with santander when you own your own bank?

B- shouldn't you have had an offer in with the selling consortium some time ago?

I don't own it, technically, but I have some very interesting photographs of the people who do.