The So-Called 'international Break'

Pain in the erse.

Why are Saints not playing this weekend against Motherwell, Killie, St Johnstone or really any other SFPL team bar Celtic. Every football fan I speak to seems to feel the same way.

Would be good high profile matches. What are we supposed to do, sit back and watch England?

The notion that all Scottish Premiership teams have equal amounts of players involved in Scotland internationals at senior or junior level is bollocks.

Get the football on!

So what if say Thompson or McGowan or one of our other players was picked for international duty would we be happy to go into an important league fixture missing these players, we would then be calling for the game to be postponed and saying its a disgrace to be playing the same weekend as an international fixture.

So what if say Thompson or McGowan or one of our other players was picked for international duty would we be happy to go into an important league fixture missing these players, we would then be calling for the game to be postponed and saying its a disgrace to be playing the same weekend as an international fixture.

Aye, that's likely.

If your Auntie had .......

Get up up ya Scotland...no saints players in u21s or full squad...stark is an s.f.a puppet and strachan an ignorant wee man....hope Scotland get pumped every game they play.....

silly wee boy.

Archie Gemmill scoring v holland james mcfadden v france allys tartan army

priceless memories

com on the tartan army.

Strachan is a legend.

Edited by stevie-dee

silly wee boy.

Archie Gemmill scoring v holland james mcfadden v france allys tartan army

priceless memories

com on the tartan army.

Strachan is a legend.

i ok....great memories for the non-football fans that are the tartan gang....army my arse..is hampden ever full these days?...wouldn't open my curtains to watch Scotland.....will never ever support a team without a saints player in it or support one with an old firm player it..

Shame on all people who will not support Scotland!.

I go to watch Scotland with my friends who support various teams because you can all enjoy the football and support the same team.

What I do think is funny is the fact paisley is Scottish f**ks sake st.mirren is Scottish!.

I don't mind the 2 weekbreak gives Scotland players time to bond and prepare for the game coming up how else will Scotland get better?. The u/21 and U/19s experience of playing European football. Helps identify targets from the continent for all teams.

Mcginn and McLean will get there chance again in my opinion! both had been below par till the Aberdeen game so as much as I hate saying it Did not merit a place in the under 21/19. With both starting to find form it won't be long till both are back in the team and we get the benfits of the experience gained while on Scotland duty.

to support scotland its the one time you can throw away bigotry and sectarianism and have a beer watch football with your mates make new friends along the way.

But more than anything else would rather be in brazil watching foitball than mill port or Arran would you not?.

Shame on all people who will not support Scotland!.

I go to watch Scotland with my friends who support various teams because you can all enjoy the football and support the same team.

What I do think is funny is the fact paisley is Scottish f**ks sake st.mirren is Scottish!.

I don't mind the 2 weekbreak gives Scotland players time to bond and prepare for the game coming up how else will Scotland get better?. The u/21 and U/19s experience of playing European football. Helps identify targets from the continent for all teams.

Mcginn and McLean will get there chance again in my opinion! both had been below par till the Aberdeen game so as much as I hate saying it Did not merit a place in the under 21/19. With both starting to find form it won't be long till both are back in the team and we get the benfits of the experience gained while on Scotland duty.

to support scotland its the one time you can throw away bigotry and sectarianism and have a beer watch football with your mates make new friends along the way.

But more than anything else would rather be in brazil watching foitball than mill port or Arran would you not?.

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Funny, up here Scotland football team are much more treasured than in the west coast.

Maybe more anti old firm bitterness, who knows.

Anyway, support the national team, bitterness is only for the narrow minded, let them be what they will be nasty bitter people.

C'mon Scotland. thumbup2.gif

Also some people have never been to a Scotland match, home or away, like the nutter above, so they have no real knowledge of the feeling of national pride.

There is a great sense of national pride at a Scotland, a friendship that can not be beaten by many other fans in the world.

The people that poo poo this have never been, and just spout words.

Some of the best matches I have ever seen have been Scotland games.

Just a pity these have all been quite a few years ago. lol.gif

Also some people have never been to a Scotland match, home or away, like the nutter above, so they have no real knowledge of the feeling of national pride.

There is a great sense of national pride at a Scotland, a friendship that can not be beaten by many other fans in the world.

The people that poo poo this have never been, and just spout words.

Some of the best matches I have ever seen have been Scotland games.

Just a pity these have all been quite a few years ago. lol.gif

Agreed.

Actively choosing to not support Scotland is something I just don't get. To be honest, I thought it was only Old Firm fans that didn't support the national team, due to their misguided notions of national identity. :wink:

I have been to Wembley 3 times the stade de France to watch the opening of a world cup. Had the best time of my life in Paris at the park de prance. Its one time I see all my mates some I went right through school with some who have now moved away.

The memories of good nights out at Hampden and in Europe.

I think most old firm followers feel rangers and Celtic supersedes Scotland and yes some come to Scotland games shout things I don't want to hear! But that happened at love street and at new st.mirren park yet I go there every home game. The sad part for me is there are st.mirren fans who don't want Scotland to do well what's that all about?.

I am from paisley and support st.mirren my local team.

I also live in Scotland and support my national team.

i just thought that was how football worked?.

FFs Its simple! Only games where no-one has been called up for either team go ahead.

We'll more likely than not have games postponed during winter and have to rearrange them... thats right... midweek during the winter, freezing our butts off!

Summer football cannae come quick enough!