The So-Called 'international Break'

I like your enthusiasm Leo but have to disagree with the bit in bold.

There are two reasons why we all stopped going to Scotland matches:-

1. No matter where we asked for tickets we always seemed to end up sitting beside people who couldn't control their hatred for Scotland players who either played for the Old Firm or had a reputation for supporting one of the Old Firm as a youngster. They would shout such horrible things you would think you were at an Old Firm game and not a Scotland international match. You might say I'm talking rubbish but I know what I heard and so did other members of my family and mates.

2. Again, no matter where we asked for tickets, we always ended up beside people who were so rat-arsed they would fall about all over the place and bang into us and we had a couple of young kids with us who got bruised and bashed.

I'm as patriotic as any Scotsman but calling Gary Caldwell a f*n*an this and Steven Naismith a h*n that isn't my idea of being a Scotland supporter. Most of the so called "Tartan Army" are two-faced w*nk*rs! If that's what supporting your country is all about, I'd rather watch Scotland in the comfort of my own home knowing I'm in a higher class of company.

I am sorry to hear your kids got hurt at a scotland game! I take both my young sons to Hampden and all over scotland never once have they been hurt at any ground or came home with bruises.

as for the w word please stop using it my kids are reading!.

Please stop quoting the forum mad man as then I can see his pish and don't believe a word he says, he makes up so many imaginary family members and mentions them all over the forum his imaginary family are bigger than The Broons.

i ok....great memories for the non-football fans that are the tartan gang....army my arse..is hampden ever full these days?...wouldn't open my curtains to watch Scotland.....will never ever support a team without a saints player in it or support one with an old firm player it..

"....that fought and dddddiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeedddddddd for....."

Edited by oaksoft

Shame on all people who will not support Scotland!.

I go to watch Scotland with my friends who support various teams because you can all enjoy the football and support the same team.

Do you go and support the Scotland rugby team? The Scotland women's netball team? The Scotland darts team?

If not, why not?

Personally, I have no interest in football other than St. Mirren. I have no more interest in supporting a Scotland football team than I do a Scotland tiddliwinks team.

Its bad enough supporting one shite football team with a clueless manager without supporting another!

Do you go and support the Scotland rugby team? The Scotland women's netball team? The Scotland darts team?

If not, why not?

Personally, I have no interest in football other than St. Mirren. I have no more interest in supporting a Scotland football team than I do a Scotland tiddliwinks team.

Its bad enough supporting one shite football team with a clueless manager without supporting another!

Given that you recently won the forum award for "Most Hilarious Abuse of Statistics to Back Up a Tenuous Opinion" I think we'll all sleep well knowing you're not imparting your wisdom on the Scotland team thread.

I say "imparting wisdom" because I'm kind and lovely.

Some others may say "spouting totally random shite".

I don't get too worked up about Scotland games. I'll happily watch them if I have nothing else planned but I wouldn't say no to doing something else to watch a Scotland game whereas I would for a saints game. I always want Scotland to win in all sports, rugby, netball, in golf, tennis or motor racing etc etc I generally want any Scots man or woman to win. I want Scots to do well wherever they go, for example keep an aye out for how lambert, Clarke, Ferguson, moyes, dagleish, were/are doing but I don't make sure I watch every event they are competing in. I don't overly enjoy going to Scotland games. I don't really like the fact the TA celebrate win lose or draw, yet same guys can get so unreasonable about a st mirren loss to a club with much greater resources ie either of the ex OF. I don't like that our players can compete with some of the biggest names for their clubs but can't compete with postmen when playing for their country. I don't like that song from the sound of music. I don't like the fact there was a travel club that for a period you couldn't join, sounds bitter I know, but there should not be a monopoly on being able follow your country.

Still glad we got a good result this weekend COYS!

I used to bother about Scotland games and attended regularly between 1969-1985 , it was hard not to become involved when we had some world class players in the squad. Couldn't care less anymore , international football has become like the rest , driven by money and self interest. If Scotland were never to play another game I wouldn't miss it !

I used to bother about Scotland games and attended regularly between 1969-1985 , it was hard not to become involved when we had some world class players in the squad. Couldn't care less anymore , international football has become like the rest , driven by money and self interest. If Scotland were never to play another game I wouldn't miss it !

There's a lot in that bracket Billy.

That period, apart from the actual tournaments, were filled with glorious nights at Hampden.

Never to return I'm afraid.

I herd all about Wembley weekends from my dad and grampa about Scotland great squads in that period about there adventures going to Scotland games and wanted the same.

I now no what they mean sure the teams not as good as it once was but if you look at the likes of Belgium team just now why can't Scotland do that?. Belgium have about the same population as us and there league is at about the same standard as the spfl?.

On this subject got to go catching up with some of the boys who are back for Tuesdays game. That's my favourite bit of Scotland thing!.

I fecking hate the Scottish national team, the tartan so called army and the s.f.a..hate everything about them....hope Scotland get pumped in every game they play..could play England in world cup final and would hope Scotland get pumped...

Now your talking pish.

Scotland in the world cup final. You sir are on drugs

I fecking hate the Scottish national team, the tartan so called army and the s.f.a..hate everything about them....hope Scotland get pumped in every game they play..could play England in world cup final and would hope Scotland get pumped...

Chill big man.

Dont waste your energy with hateing something.

Go and watch junior football and relax. Or do you hate that too? :D

Chill big man.

Dont waste your energy with hateing something.

Go and watch junior football and relax. Or do you hate that too? :D

de-test junior football..ranks up there will women's football...pish to watch..full of so called hardmen...just guys that can't play the game very well so run about booting everyone....its shite...up up there with golf, tennis, American football,baseball,bowls,rugby, snooker...utter pish boring....

de-test junior football..ranks up there will women's football...pish to watch..full of so called hardmen...just guys that can't play the game very well so run about booting everyone....its shite...up up there with golf, tennis, American football,baseball,bowls,rugby, snooker...utter pish boring....

What about cricket? You surely dont watch that?