The So-Called 'international Break'

100% truthful mate...played cricket all my days..went to oz about 15/16 years ago to Melbourne test and Perth test....played at ferguslie for years before going to vale of leven in dumbarton...retired last year.. .

In fairness, a lot of people enjoy playing bat and ball......or rounders as we called it when I was young.

now Your talking...an educated mans sport...yes i love cricket...went to the ashes in Australia and have been to many test matches....a beautiful sport...

Aaah...sunny Saturdays up at the cricket club, getting a tan, drinking beer then into the Shack for more beer and end up in the Institute to pick up some wummin...Happy days!:P

i ok....great memories for the non-football fans that are the tartan gang....army my arse..is hampden ever full these days?...wouldn't open my curtains to watch Scotland.....will never ever support a team without a saints player in it or support one with an old firm player it..

silly wee boy

i take great enjoyment from watching scots do well in sport, but the scotland football team relies on several non scots these days and i don't like that, not too many years ago a lot of people slated ireland for playing non irish players - me included - so to show support for the same happening in this country would be wrong

I Don't Like Mondays!

I yearn for the days when all games were played on a Saturday at 3pm, European games on Wednesday, Internationals qualifiers on Wednesday, and the only choice at a pie and bovril stall was exactly those.

The beautiful game as we knew it has long gone. The blanket coverage of football on TV will eventually suffocate the game and swallow up more and more clubs.

In time I'm sure there will be European leagues involving the top clubs, as I'm sure Man Utd vs Hull will become less appealing commercially to owners than a game against Ajax.

Year on year more supporters are lost to the game as they are being priced out of attending.

Quite simply the baws burst.

Officially attendances would suggest the current set up is more than popular with supporters.

Harking back is fine but the reality is we are where we are with TV and many clubs would suffer and probably die without TV money.