Still Game - The Return

shull

They are aw pals again and are coming back with a new Stage show and then hopefully a TV series.

Brilliant news, i cannae wait.

Jack, Victor, Winston, Tam ( he's very good ) , Navid and Isa.

Classic Comedy made in Scotland.

Along with Rab C Nesbitt, two of my favourites.

f**k Limmy, Wank Commander and Burnistoun !

THEY ARE AW SHITE !

Edited by shull

Hopefully it will be as good as it was 6 years ago.

One of the few comedies* that I can re-watch and laugh out loud at.

Have got the DVD box set and have watched them all several times.

*Blackadder, Father Ted, The Big Bang Theory and Mrs.Brown fall into this category too.

*Blackadder, Father Ted, The Big Bang Theory and Mrs.Brown fall into this category too.

Brendan O'Carroll's humour completely passes me by, I just don't get it. KIds jokes of a Crackerjack standard from 40 years ago with added swearing. Swearing can be funny when the script is good, this stuff seems like sweary slapstick to me. The cast (his relatives) are hopeless.

Hopefully it will be as good as it was 6 years ago.

One of the few comedies* that I can re-watch and laugh out loud at.

Have got the DVD box set and have watched them all several times.

Comedy - like music - is down to personal taste , but I would add Frasier and Black Books to youir list (classics), rewatching them now is still a belly laugh.. Mrs.Brown is more for a 'bingo' crowd but worth watching if thers feck all else on smile.png

Indeed Sir !

Saw Mrs Brown at The Pavillion in Glasgow in the late 90's.

Wonderful show then and still wonderful now.

Me too, it was great live. My maw-in-law nearly peed herself.

Oh! Also saw the original Still Game (not sure if it was called that though) at The Cottier Theatre.

Edited by Vambo57

Comedy - like music - is down to personal taste , but I would add Frasier and Black Books to youir list (classics), rewatching them now is still a belly laugh.. Mrs.Brown is more for a 'bingo' crowd but worth watching if thers feck all else on smile.png

Me too, it was great live. My maw-in-law nearly peed herself.

From what I'd seen in glimpses, I didn't think I'd like Mrs.Brown's Boys. However, I watched a couple of episodes and was hooked. Yes, it's slapstick at times and there is swearing, but I like the way it's filmed, particularly when O'Carroll makes something up that is clearly unscripted or someone makes an arse of their lines and it gets incorporated into the scene. IMO it's a bit more clever than people give it credit for.

I do reckon it would fall on it's arse without Brendan O'Carroll, like many other sit coms, but as long as he's there, I'll probably laugh at it.

I certainly agree that comedic preferences are a very personal thing. It's one of the subjects posted on here than can spark heated exchanges about what is funny and what isn't.

Living in Ulster we missed out on Chewing the Fat and Still game and then my daughter sent us a pile of videos a few years back. We watched them for weeks on end and were hooked. We got a lot of Irish friends hooked too.

Afraid Mrs. Brown's Boys leave me cold. Don't find anything remotely funny. Maybe they're better live.

And I'll be having a chat with the Still Game director in the next week or so...

Tell Michael that one final full serious and a Christmas/Hogmany special before killing one or both of them off would be perfect. Winston must be the last man standing (on one leg) though. Paul Riley is the real star of the show.

Other than that, he can do as he pleases.

Afraid Mrs. Brown's Boys leave me cold........Maybe they're better live.

I saw it at the Pavillion and it was funny live. The tv show leaves me cold.

The show just doesn't translate to television, even though it is supposedly filmed in a live theatre setting. The rest of the cast (his family as already stated) let him down on tv coz they are wooden at best.

Still Game was excellent, so I hope they can get back to the same standard. Might be hard though as friendship is never the same once you've had that level of falling out.