Danny's Apology To The Media !

billyg

mmmmh, st mirren manager or 5 journos on Twitter, who should I support? Yes that's right the 5 guys that write gossip for a red top tabloid to make a living they must be right.

Seriously they are comics who gives a f**k?

If you were to bother your arse reading what they say then you will see that they are St Mirren supporting journos who are fearing for Danny at the hands of the wider media over his stupid apology. The general consensus is he should have kept quiet and let his team do the talking.

I started the thread because I find it cringeworthy and it concerns SMFC !

If you were to bother your arse reading what they say then you will see that they are St Mirren supporting journos who are fearing for Danny at the hands of the wider media over his stupid apology. The general consensus is he should have kept quiet and let his team do the talking.

I started the thread because I find it cringeworthy and it concerns SMFC !

wouldn't bother reading it. I read the apology, while I think there was no need for it I still wouldn't get all hot under the collar about what 'saints following' journos say. I don't need these guys to tell me what to think.

wouldn't bother reading it. I read the apology, while I think there was no need for it I still wouldn't get all hot under the collar about what 'saints following' journos say. I don't need these guys to tell me what to think.

Just like I'll never need you to tell me what to post or what not to post !

Just say you don't agree , no need for the fifth amendment !

Just like I'll never need you to tell me what to post or what not to post !

Just say you don't agree , no need for the fifth amendment !

I don't think I have told you what to post, apologies if I have. I've offered an opinion on what you have posted which I kind of think is the point of a forum and the opposite to the fifth amendment. The post before my next one will be me taking the fifth.

I don't think I have told you what to post, apologies if I have. I've offered an opinion on what you have posted which I kind of think is the point of a forum and the opposite to the fifth amendment. The post before my next one will be me taking the fifth.

Apology accepted !

Nothing's changed , Danny was a nugget yesterday and still is today . Down early today to see if the Swiss flag's flying !

Thing is Lennon was correct. the Red Tops were waiting to print "Buddies Buckle Before Tynecastle Teenies" or some similar alliterative nonsense. If there were grumblings about it from the OF lickspittles who make up the majority of Scottish football journos then so what, he'd have done far better to take a "that was then..............." stance.

Only one way to kill this story & thread & that's for Saints to win today - COYS!

Edited by Bud the Baker

There was nothing wrong Danny's comments pre Hearts. It's quite clear that someone high up at the club has made the ridiculous decision to make him apologise. It's almost as if someone is trying to make a mockery of him. Poor show.

Once again, I'm placed firmly in the DL camp for this one.

He's an idiot ! For f**ks sake shut up !

The journalists on twitter are queuing up to point and laugh !

There's seriously got to be something wrong with you if you genuinely care what journalists think.

I'm with Drew on this.

The usual suspects have pounced on this.

It's a clear anti-Danny agenda.

Which is a pisser because our team has just turned a corner and we still have a queue of "fans" lining up to take pot shots at our manager.

It's quite clear that someone high up at the club has made the ridiculous decision to make him apologise. It's almost as if someone is trying to make a mockery of him. Poor show.

FFS, that is an incredible statement to make!

Are you really saying that one of the directors told Danny to make that statement to the press? :lol:

I certainly don't see anything cringeworthy in this. A like many others on here, I've cringed at Danny's interviews on many occasions.

The apology was obviously not earnest as some on here seem to think, it was a dig in the ribs at the media for wanting Hearts to beat us to stir up a relegation battle and an 'apology' for not giving them what they want.

It's a far better interview than his usual sit-on-the-fence-and-make-up-some-daft-analogy-about-lions-and-hyenas nonsense. He never hid or shirked his protion of blame when it was going badly, but it did seem like the press were desperate for a Hearts win (which most neutrals probably were for the sake of keeping the bottom of the table interesting) and weren't too bothered in hiding this fact It's also not quite the level of Kenny Shiels in scathingly critical terms, as far as I can tell it's the first dig he's ever had at the press.

You can only think that it supports Billy's "agenda" if you yourself think that Danny's statement is ridiculous.

You said it!

Deary me, fourfold oaksoft strikes again! lol.gif:

That was a good comeback when you first said it but like Eddie Izzard, repeating your own joke smacks of patting yourself on the back and you end up getting boo-ed off stage. If you want a catchphrase "oakstur" and "cocksoft" were pretty decent but 'fourfold oaksoft' lacks a certain ring. I'm just trying to help.

As for what Danny said? Couldn't give a flying feck TBH. Only those with an agenda could possibly find any meat on this particular bone.