Dundee United V St Mirren Top League 26/10/13

shull

Heavy defeats beginning to stack up and it doesn't make good reading. Hearts are gone , it's the worst Hearts team in living memory , but 11th is not good enough !Would Danny walk next week if we lost to County ? Not a chance , unless it's on his terms !

Calm doon Billy, Dundee Utd are a good team and beat Saint Johnstone 4-0. Who beat ICT 4-0.

Shit happens, let's see what next week brings.

We can take individual results in isolation. We got pumped today, 4-0 flattered us. Okay, these things can happen.

What is harder to take is that after 10 games we are yet again 11th in the table.

This is not good enough. The management of the football club rightfully have serious questions to answer regarding the performance of the team this season.

Let's hope they answer them at home to County next week. If they can't, it's time to go.

Tick... Tock.

FFS, this thread is terrible.

At every level teams win games, teams lose games. Dundee Utd are a good side. We won last week, we will probably win next week.....if we do end up relegated (unlikely) or in the play offs (possible) it wont be an away defeat to Dundee Utd in October that put us there.

We could almost argue that Hearts getting beat again negates our defeat.....

We will take our chances with Kilmarnock, Ross County and Thiistle......aye and/or which ever 1st divisison club is in the play offs.

Anybody who was there today will have seen that that was a top drawer Dundee Utd performance. They played us off the park, pure and simple. It is not the gaffer's fault if the team suddenly forget how to pass a ball. Take it on the chin and move on.

Heavy defeats beginning to stack up and it doesn't make good reading. Hearts are gone , it's the worst Hearts team in living memory , but 11th is not good enough !

Would Danny walk next week if we lost to County ? Not a chance , unless it's on his terms !

Yeah it's the end of the first quarter (OK we've got a game in hand but it's against Celtic) and Hearts are 15 points behind 11th place team - us sad.png . Hearts are not coming back.

Moving on - today was a bad result and should knock some sense into the "turned the corner" crowd - I still think our squad should be enough to keep us in the fight for 10th place. Ross County are one of our rivals in the battle to avoid the play-off spot so a win next week would be a great result a draw a reasonable one. Perhaps time to freshen up the starting 11 now - let's hope we can start picking up points most weeks from here on in.

As ever - COYS!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Poor result but not the end the world. United are a better team than us but disappointing that we just didnt turn up.

We are a better team than that result. Lick our wounds and move onto next week against Ross County.

Im confident we'll get 3 points.

Living in Dundee I don't think I will be able to show my face all week. That is the worst I have ever seen St. Mirren play in the Premier League. Going forward every player was devoid of ideas with the exception of McLean. McGinn's crossing was woeful, Thompson never chased anything that wasn't within 5 yards of him and McGowan never plays well when those around him are having a mare.

The game passed Goodwin by. So many times the Utd midfield walked by our whole midfield without a challenge going in. The defence never knew whether to step out and attack the ball or player due to the huge gap in front of them and that left Utd with a huge space in which to pick us off from whether that be in front of, or behind the back 4.

The subs summed up our lack of options going forward. Caprice is a terrible footballer. One promising break away all he had to do was go towards the ball and he had a clear run but instead he waited on it and the Utd player intercepted. Any other time he had the ball he attempted a step over and then lost the ball.

The subs also resulted in Kenny McLean playing the holding role after looking like the only player we had to unlock Utd the full game.

Lennon left the bench once in the 2nd half. Surely when the team is struggling the manager has to be out there, willing the players to close down the opposition and chase down lost causes. You can't do anything from the back of the bench. Time up....

Moving on - today was a bad result and should knock some sense into the "turned the corner" crowd

Yes because the "turned the corner" crowd believed we were going to win every remaining game and that we'd never lose again or put in another poor performance.

Is that really what you think we are thinking?

Yeah it's the end of the first quarter (OK we've got a game in hand but it's against Celtic) and Hearts are 15 points behind 11th place team - us Posted Image . Hearts are not coming back.

Moving on - today was a bad result and should knock some sense into the "turned the corner" crowd - I still think our squad should be enough to keep us in the fight for 10th place. Ross County are one of our rivals in the battle to avoid the play-off spot so a win next week would be a great result a draw a reasonable one. Perhaps time to freshen up the starting 11 now - let's hope we can start picking up points most weeks from here on in.

As ever - COYS!

Fair summary of our season so far.

I don't think anyone is complaining about the result today, these things can happen against a better team.

The legitimate complaint is regarding our points return from our first 10 games.

8 points is a shocking return from 10 games, absolutely disgraceful no matter how you spin it. It's no wonder that only a points deduction is saving us from the indignity of bottom spot.

That was a very good United side. Much much better without Goodwillie slowing them down.

2 crucial games against county and thistle coming up. We got 0 from 6 points against them 1st time out. Can't afford to do the same again or else we will get cut adrift from the pack.

Yes because the "turned the corner" crowd believed we were going to win every remaining game and that we'd never lose again or put in another poor performance.

Is that really what you think we are thinking?

I generally try not to consider what you may be thinking bangin.gif I doubt there's many who share more than the odd (sic) opinion with you.

However turned the corner was a sentiment expressed by a number of posters after the recent wins against Hearts & St. Johnstone - quite often by posters who had called for Lennon to be sacked after the poor start to the season. whistling.gif

Just spoke to a Dundee Utd supporting mate, he summed it up that we were very poor and he felt they possibly played the best football of the season.

Quarter of the season gone, game in hand apart, and pretty much following on from the end of last season.

Next 2 games important as we took nothing from these games on the first set of games.

TBH hard to predict, but fingers crossed.

Selective ?

Did you pull up Kendo for the same thing ? Or maybe not because because he wasn't criticising our plight ?

Had to search back to see what you meant , still not sure what you meant.

You choose a very poor example as we beat Hearts, Dundee Utd beat us and didn't beat Hearts what do you gain from that?

If you read back I've been realistic about our season, not trumping up dafty threads or knee jerking, whether its good or bad results.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion but making that opinion the be all and end all loses some credibility.

Well beaten today by a very good united team, we were 2nd best all over

the pitch from start to finish no complaints from me...

a few numptys were losing the plot before we brought on the subs, but

on that form united will give better teams then us a doing...

just one of those days, a few pints will ease the pain....ktf fellow buds.....

Heavy defeats beginning to stack up and it doesn't make good reading. Hearts are gone , it's the worst Hearts team in living memory , but 11th is not good enough !

Would Danny walk next week if we lost to County ? Not a chance , unless it's on his terms !

Jesus BG I thought you were (like me) of "an age" but apparently not if this is the worst Watery Farts team in your living memory !

Right, so, as per usual on here the discussion is banned and we're just to accept todays result. 11th will be fine, the squad is great and "legend" Lennon has a free pass. It was just a very good Dundee United team, the fact they had the freedom of 80 yards of the park doesn't matter.

6 seconds, SIX, it took for us to fall apart and it took one pass not to feet for McGowan to spit the dummy. But that's fine, United were very good.

We couldn't pass, mark, cross, tackle, pressure, adapt, take control of anything, shoot, dribble, retain possession, use possession well or pose a real threat...but, that's all fine as United were very good.

At least the booing debate hasn't been rehashed, hate to make those overpaid, inept, inconsistent individuals in our squad feel any worse than they did for the 5 seconds it took them to shake the result off and ponder which pub they'd be in tonight.