Dundee United V St Mirren Top League 26/10/13

shull

Its an interesting league ,apart from Selic all the teams have a chance of beating each other .

An average St Mirren start of the league would be 12 points from the first 12 games , so we are a wee bit behind shedule , but with a few breaks , we can make it up.

Glad I chose not to go to todays game , and save 40 quid , which allowed me to go out for a meal with the missus tonight.

I can sympathise with the boo boys , it cost a lot of fans a lot of money to watch footie these days , and we are quite entitled to see them put in a good shift.

Two wins from our next two games and we are on schedule to stay up.

Come on ye Saints

Agree we were bullied out of it yesterday - any team that plays a pressing game against us seems to f*ck up our game plan and for what ever reason we dont seem to have a plan b.

Our back line tend to sit too deep and still dont think we have the right balance in midfield.

United played well but we made them look better than they are. Think we just need to realise that we are in the scrap for 8th-11th and get on with it. Important thing is to stay in they league and we as fans can play our part by supporting the team rather than shouting abuse. COYS !!

Our joint best ever league finish - is anything less than that unacceptable? If so you're gonna be happy say once every 50 years or so - at best!

Realistically our aim for the rest of this season has to be 10th and avoiding the play-off spot, anything better will be a bonus. Am I happy with this - NO, but I can live with it, bottom end of the SPL is our natural position, I always hope for better but the main thing is to be there to fight the fight next season.

Why should it be our natural position do we not have any ambition at all.Thats the problem people like you and the board of directors are happy to put up with watching the same shit week in week out while the likes of Ross County. Inverness.and others leave us standing when it comes to ambition.

Agree we were bullied out of it yesterday - any team that plays a pressing game against us seems to f*ck up our game plan and for what ever reason we dont seem to have a plan b.

Our back line tend to sit too deep and still dont think we have the right balance in midfield.

United played well but we made them look better than they are. Think we just need to realise that we are in the scrap for 8th-11th and get on with it. Important thing is to stay in they league and we as fans can play our part by supporting the team rather than shouting abuse. COYS !!

Some posts are so good it's a shame you can only like them once.

United played well but we made them look better than they are. Think we just need to realise that we are in the scrap for 8th-11th and get on with it. Important thing is to stay in they league and we as fans can play our part by supporting the team rather than shouting abuse. COYS

And you can bet your bottom dollar County will do the same thats what they did last season at our place and they hammered us .

Why should it be our natural position do we not have any ambition at all.Thats the problem people like you and the board of directors are happy to put up with watching the same shit week in week out while the likes of Ross County. Inverness.and others leave us standing when it comes to ambition.

Erm, 'cos it always has been (see below) - in the all-time top division Scottish Table we're 9th Dundee Utd should be higher (above us) 'cos they didn't reach the top flight till the late '50's early '60's. I'd say that in a 12 team top division our natural position in terms of history and current attendances is 9th/10th and anyone expecting much better is doomed to disappointment.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/premiership/all-time-table/full

OK, so other bottom feeders may be have a good season or two but County are back in the Bottom 6, ICT are a better example having another good season but we won the League Cup last season and you can't just dismiss that.

And you can bet your bottom dollar County will do the same thats what they did last season at our place and they hammered us .

Last season we played County 3 times - 1W, 1D, 1L - so a bit of selective memory there.

We lost the first H2H this season and there's little doubt how County will play, it's up to Lennon to come up with a plan to overcome this and the players to make it work.

Edit - I'm taking the dog out for a walk, CUlater!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Acht well, the routine pumping for us , after a wee steadying of the ship it is back to earth with the usual shudder..............now we look on and try to restore some credibility in the league campaign. Genuienly shocked at our apparent capitulation yesterday.

Our aim has to be as high a league finish as possible, we do not seem interested or motivated though , week after week to produce interested and positive performances. That bothers me.

We have had a long enough time in the SPL by now to mean that a consolidated SPL team should be looking at a comfortable 8th. I'm not sensing that just now, for me that is the problem.

It seems It is blindingly obvious that St Mirren only produce or seem to be motivated when the next crisis looms. It looks to me like week in week out solid performances in the league are something alien to us, impossible for us to attain. I don't think it is good enough to survive via play offs, we have to be better than that by now, but we currently are clearly not.

Serious work requires to be done ..................

I just got an email from a "pal"... :unsure:

He's terrible at spelling...

"I was thinking of you the other day but can't FOUR the life of me mind why I must be getting old FOURgetting like that, maybe its because I'm FOURty!

I probably should have the FOURsite to write these things down so I don't FOURget them but I'll need to FOURce myself to do that

FOURtunately I remembered the correct address to FOURward this email to

So FOUR now I'll just ask how you are while I try and mind what I was writing to you FOUR

Arabest, Dave

Arabest, Dave

Arabest, Dave"

I just got an email from a "pal"... :unsure:

He's terrible at spelling...

"I was thinking of you the other day but can't FOUR the life of me mind why I must be getting old FOURgetting like that, maybe its because I'm FOURty!

I probably should have the FOURsite to write these things down so I don't FOURget them but I'll need to FOURce myself to do that

FOURtunately I remembered the correct address to FOURward this email to

So FOUR now I'll just ask how you are while I try and mind what I was writing to you FOUR

Arabest, Dave

Arabest, Dave

Arabest, Dave"

You just made that up.

I generally try not to consider what you may be thinking bangin.gifI doubt there's many who share more than the odd (sic) opinion with you.

I have over 2100 green dots which would disagree.

How many have you got for the same number of posts?

Ach I'm only kidding. Relax.

Faraway likes your post so that's something.

He's a good man when he isn't Mr Chippy or calling people hunny (sic) all the time - he's a bit of a weirdo TBH.

I can accept getting beat off a better team if they have fully outplayed us, despite the team performing relatively well and actually looking interested, but for all that Utd were good we were awful, absolutely shocking.

It was clear to see after 10 minutes that we were doing nothing to counter Utd playing two wingers who constantly hugged the touchline, ripping our full backs to bits, or coming inside into the massive space that we left between the defence and midfield, which allowed players like Gauld to roam free and constantly hurt our defence. Telling Goodwin to drop into the hole, put McGowan outwide with Newton and McLean through the middle in a more routine 4-5-1 would have at least seen us retain possession. Until we were actually in the game.

The midfield was completely non-existent, and the team leaderless. Goodwin was no where near anyone, and fully deserved to be booed off, i honestly can't comprehend the fact that he received applause when subbed. He has been absolutely woeful this season, and most of last as well, a long spell on the bench should be around the corner for him.

I also can't believe that it took so long for any sub to be made, considering how Utd were looking to score with every attack, and our players performing poorly.

Too long it's been the same thing, no effort, no ideas, no chance.

Welcome back Norrie, missed you when we were winning.

What a shocking human being.

Where were you the last few weeks?

I praised the team for tynecastle in what I thought was a tremendous performance. I can now criticise them for yesterday which was a very poor performance . I think faraway you should try attending matches and then I will listen to your opinion. Oaksoft the perennial happy clapper I expect the welcome back from you cheers. Stmirren today sit second bottom of the spfl and everything is just dandy with some on here. Well it's not for me and losing 4-0 is not good enough. The managers time is nearing an end it is just a matter of when now

I praised the team for tynecastle in what I thought was a tremendous performance. I can now criticise them for yesterday which was a very poor performance . I think faraway you should try attending matches and then I will listen to your opinion. Oaksoft the perennial happy clapper I expect the welcome back from you cheers. Stmirren today sit second bottom of the spfl and everything is just dandy with some on here. Well it's not for me and losing 4-0 is not good enough. The managers time is nearing an end it is just a matter of when now

Norrie, it's typical moron comments that roll out the "you should go to matches" as, if you had any brains you would have noticed I don't comment on the matches or performances only the stupidity of your narrow minded posts.

Now, it's no point continuing this as you're not capable of saying anything other than your narrow minded views.

Toodle bye!

Your "praise" for the win against. Hearts was only part of your post as yet again you added a negative ending. (Can't copy from here) it was the only post you made after that game and you failed to post fcuk all after the St Johnstone game.

Proof, as if it were needed, you're a Narrow minded half wit, which we have many of in our so called support.

Hope this helps.

I agree with Griff that this league is a strange one and other than Celtic every team is capable on beating each other. The score yesterday was poor but a few teams have had a gubbing this season - ICT lost by the same score to a team we beat last week and also lost to Plastics on their own ground. Every game will be tough no matter who we play. Our problems stem pre-season when sufficient quality was not brought in to deal with our weak defence. For that the manager must take some blame. We can just hope that we tighten up better and that we are able to deal in the Jan transfer market to bolster it. A second striker would also be useful as SB is not the answer from what I have seen of him and clearly Danny is thinking the same by leaving him on the bench.

Just seen Danny's quote from the BBC

"But we've given the players DVDs on the strengths and weaknesses to work on.

WTF? Is it not his and TC's job to take the players through what needs to be worked on and maybe give them a DVD afterwards? As for strengths? Sorry Danny but there can't have been many on show yesterday when the team performed so poorly.

Edited by nedflanders123

Oaksoft the perennial happy clapper I expect the welcome back from you cheers.

I didn't welcome you back Norrie. As far as I'm concerned you can feck off back to the hole you've been hiding out in whilst we've been winning. You are a negative whining energy sucking leech.