Dundee United V St Mirren Top League 26/10/13

shull

There seems to be two reactions coming from this game. The first is that Dundee Utd were just that good, one of those days. The other is that we were horrendous, possibly the worst performance of the season.

I wasn't there yesterday, and I'll be waiting to see the highlights to make some sort of judgement. Thing is though, do we start mucking about with the team again? Last week we were praising that Danny had kept the same team for three games. Now some are saying that was the wrong thing to do. Hmm. Few changes to be made next week perhaps?

There seems to be two reactions coming from this game. The first is that Dundee Utd were just that good, one of those days. The other is that we were horrendous, possibly the worst performance of the season.

I wasn't there yesterday, and I'll be waiting to see the highlights to make some sort of judgement. Thing is though, do we start mucking about with the team again? Last week we were praising that Danny had kept the same team for three games. Now some are saying that was the wrong thing to do. Hmm. Few changes to be made next week perhaps?

Would you believe 5 changes from our expert forum manager?

Just watched the highlights and it is clear that kello, while he has a good reputation, needs game time as his postioning and decision making was a tad slow which is all it takes to cost you at this level. It's easy to be hard on the team but to have a goalie not only making his debut, but clearly not having a great deal of time to prepare with the defence only served to make it a difficult day from the off. Lastly, some of the personal stuff on here when we lose is cringeworthy at best. I find a lot of posts on here usually very interesting and thought provoking, still others highly entertaining. But sometimes, like today it's just juvenile and does nothing for a forum. For guys like me who have lived away for a long time it really is a lifeline to hear peoples honest opinions on the team, tactics, gossip etc. When it stoops to vile abuse then its tempting to chuck it. Bit hey, I've nowhere else to go and I love my team

I think that wee spell out of the team will benefit Cheesy. McGregor and Mair were what we needed at the time. Sounds like they had a nightmare yesterday, and I like Cheesy, so would be happy to see him come back in. 

Nope, we've looked better without him...as insane as that sounds after losing 7 in 2 games. Yesterday was all about no defending until too late, Mair and McG dealt with a lot well and were let down further up the park. McGowan spends all game shouting and does nothing when in possession, whilst Goodwin was exposed from the 3rd second onwards. Slow, awkward and too keen to foul.

Marc is our best no nonsense defender. However yesterday wasn't just about the defense. We didn't threaten their goalie and we didn't change things at half time even although it was clear changes were needed.

Cheesy would be my first pick.

Danny was slated on here for changing the team every week after losses...now after a defeat the same posters who slated him want to change up to 50% of the outfield personnel who took 7 pts from 12.

The guy can't win.

Hoping that McAusland will solve our defensive problems is grasping at straws. There is nothing to base that hope on.

I'd pick the same 11, and send them out to make amends for that awful display they put on yesterday.

I have over 2100 green dots which would disagree.

How many have you got for the same number of posts?

Ach I'm only kidding. Relax.

Faraway likes your post so that's something.

He's a good man when he isn't Mr Chippy or calling people hunny (sic) all the time - he's a bit of a weirdo TBH.

Only a bit?! :o

I come on to talk football and that is then slated and I am given a torrent of abuse. I don't care I am maybe in the minority but sitting second bottom of a weak spfl isn't good enough for me

I remember years of struggle to get into the SPL.

The fact that our midfield could not cope with Dundee Utds movement was obvious throughout the match. Our quickest and best midfield players (McGinn & Newton) were both deployed wide left and right!

This obviously to help our 2 full backs who are not the quickest.

They both should be playing in the centre where they are most effective.

We havnt got a great squad to choose from due to the Managers inept signing policy. Bahoken, Grainger, Harkins, Caprice, Cornell all not selected and with the 11 players he shipped out we look a little threadbare.

We finished game on Saturday with 4 centre halves as a back four.

I say again the non signings are going to put us in trouble this year and its down to Lennon. Time to go Danny

I come on to talk football and that is then slated and I am given a torrent of abuse. I don't care I am maybe in the minority but sitting second bottom of a weak spfl isn't good enough for me

I agree with that....whistling.gif I'm sure we're more than a minority of two...........

As said earlier some where in one of my ramblings it singularly slays me how we can wait over a year for back to back wins, go on a wee run of 7pts from 9 then capitulate so depressingly on Saturday.

Thankfully I was not in attendance but a couple of things are obvious from the highlights.......

Saints fans are booing the ineptness of the display

I also think the highlights actually played us up a bit. I'm led to believe it could have been about 7-0, we were worse than the highlights showed.

For the length of time we have now been in the top league it is high time we were better 'established ' than winging it and hoping to avoid play offs. For me our inability to show some consistant progress is the biggest frustration. At this rate we will clearly be the longest serving top team league member never to become established in this division. Ross Co , St Johnstone and Partick Thistle ffsake, all look like they belong there before us................frankly , that just ain't right imo.

Don't please tell me it's all about budgets............................1eye.gif