Dundee United V St Mirren Top League 26/10/13

shull

The McAusland pish is getting tedious now. Cant be arsed quoting it all, but like someone said above he is without a doubt the best aggressive centre half at the club just now. The fannying about at the back doesnt suit him but his distribution up the park is actually quite good but noone ever notices anything he does which is half decent.

There were a couple of occasions against st johnstone where mcgregor got caught fannying about, fell over, then regained his footing and dug himself out the shit only to recieve a round of applause. I immediately turned to my brother and said if that had been cheesey it would be dogs abuse not a clap.

I said a while back that mcgregors injury had clouded the judgement of most people, myself included and that he wasn't going to be the saviour on his return. I think being part of a centre half pairing which has shipped so many in the last game has confirmed that. Not sure if i'd like to see Mair and McAusland going on the last time they played together, but it has to be worth a shot at the moment. Never know, it might work.

The McAusland pish is getting tedious now. Cant be arsed quoting it all, but like someone said above he is without a doubt the best aggressive centre half at the club just now. The fannying about at the back doesnt suit him but his distribution up the park is actually quite good but noone ever notices anything he does which is half decent.

There were a couple of occasions against st johnstone where mcgregor got caught fannying about, fell over, then regained his footing and dug himself out the shit only to recieve a round of applause. I immediately turned to my brother and said if that had been cheesey it would be dogs abuse not a clap.

I said a while back that mcgregors injury had clouded the judgement of most people, myself included and that he wasn't going to be the saviour on his return. I think being part of a centre half pairing which has shipped so many in the last game has confirmed that. Not sure if i'd like to see Mair and McAusland going on the last time they played together, but it has to be worth a shot at the moment. Never know, it might work.

Agree.

The goals conceded is certainly not the fault of Marc McAusland.

The blame lies squarely with Lennon & Craig.

Paul McGowan starts the move for United's 4th a wayward pass in his own half.

In the United chance shown in the highlights immediately prior to this, it also started with McGowan losing possession in his own half.

We need to stop fannying about with the ball in our own half. Get the ball up the pitch as often as possible and as soon as possible. Get players forward, trap the opposition in their own half, try to win possession... THEN guys like McGowan can start fannying about with clever passess to try and set up a goal.

Not in your own half FFS.

Agree.

The goals conceded is certainly not the fault of Marc McAusland.

The blame lies squarely with Lennon & Craig.

Certainly not in the last 2 games haha. As a no nonsense centre half I like him. If he was good enough to play like barcelona he wouldn't be anywhere near us, but the same goes for all the players. The passing game I actually like and its certainly better to watch when it works. It has to be played at pace though to drag players out of position. Thats what we saw the season we started away to dunfermline but now its pedestrian. Its easy to say the blame lies with lennon, and it probably does to an extent, but the players get played a damn good wage and id expect to see some competency in the performance. Ive just watched the highlights and even from kick off we looked to be on the back foot. From that 5 minutes alone we could have been into double figures.

Ive supported us long enough to know that in the grand scheme of things we're shite, but i wouldnt have it any other way. All i expect though is that if we're going to get pumped that we do it with blood and snotters and make it difficult. Thats not what I saw on those highlights.

No there not we might get something from County but i wouldnt bet on it.There is no chance in hell we will get anything at Firhill.

Hmmm, ...................there is every chance that we could win this. Imo this fixture is pivotal in proving that we are worthy of staying in the league. Put it this way, a comprehensive defeat to them and it sends out a horrible vibe. In the grander scheme of things , a win against Ross Co and a win against Thistle is imo what St Mirren should be looking for, surely mellow.png

Cue the cliches about owing the fans a reaction, that we need to work hard , no magic wand, that the team are hurting after not turning up in our last match.................classic

Hmmm, ...................there is every chance that we could win this. Imo this fixture is pivotal in proving that we are worthy of staying in the league. Put it this way, a comprehensive defeat to them and it sends out a horrible vibe. In the grander scheme of things , a win against Ross Co and a win against Thistle is imo what St Mirren should be looking for, surely mellow.png

Cue the cliches about owing the fans a reaction, that we need to work hard , no magic wand, that the team are hurting after not turning up in our last match.................classic

That classic , sounds like the double Lp version , gatefold sleeve ,limited edition photos , the lot. .

I agree beating teams like COUNTY .and THISTLE is what we should be looking for but i would not put a bet on with your money never mind my own it will not happen.