The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't seem to see a thread running so apologies if there is already one and I've just missed it.

Many clubs fans take their political ideology from what they perceive to be the clubs ideology eg. A certain club from Govan's fans will mostly vote no.

What way will Saint fans be voting in the Scottish Independence Referendum? Why are you voting for/against independence?

Edited by Lanarkshire_Bud

it's all just a politicians game, i will vote no because there will be higher taxes to pay, the snp are fronted by a bufoon who's only way of debating with other parties is to slag them off then do his wee smug look and fake laugh, there is a lack of sufficient civil servants with the experience of running a country (it is the civil servants who do most of the running of the uk not any political party) a lot of businesses based in englandshire could possibly close there scottish branches because there will be no uk gov funding available anymore.

it's all just a politicians game, i will vote no because there will be higher taxes to pay, the snp are fronted by a bufoon who's only way of debating with other parties is to slag them off then do his wee smug look and fake laugh, there is a lack of sufficient civil servants with the experience of running a country (it is the civil servants who do most of the running of the uk not any political party) a lot of businesses based in englandshire could possibly close there scottish branches because there will be no uk gov funding available anymore.

You're not voting for the SNP or Alex Salmond.

You're not voting for the SNP or Alex Salmond.

they as the current ruling party will be in charge in the first period and because they have been voted in by a majority of scots then i fear they will be voted in again.

i also fear the kirk and various minority groups will have more than their fair share of influence - because mr salmond is courting such groups to ensure their backing

Thankfully the Scottish electorate isn't daft, that's why a no vote is a cast iron certainty.

The latest bookmaker odds:

No vote 1/7

Yes vote 4/1

Indeed. I feel sorry for all the yes campaigners who are wasting their money and time on this daft referendum.

I feel it is too short sighted to simply say "SNP/Alex Salmond Grrrr". There is no proof to suggest that they would remain the ruling party, or that Salmond would even remain a leader. In fact, I reckon that if the result is Yes then Salmond may step away a it is job done.

i think that because they have been voted in by the majority then they will be favourites to win any election, but hopefully everyone who thinks it wrong to split from the uk actually goes out and votes - then all will be well

Thankfully the Scottish electorate isn't daft, that's why a no vote is a cast iron certainty.

The latest bookmaker odds:

No vote 1/7

Yes vote 4/1

Indeed. I feel sorry for all the yes campaigners who are wasting their money and time on this daft referendum.

I hope, and think, that this will be the case.

For similar reasons that Buddiecat stated, I fear that, if the yes vote won, the people in charge would quite quickly find they were out of their depth and things would crumble very quickly.

Love him or loathe him, Alex Salmond is without a doubt the most effective & charismatic leader of All the uk parties.

Cameron is an out of touch with reality smug f**kwit

Clegg is camerons bitch who hasnt had an original thought since his first shite.

Millipede is....... just f**kin hopeless !!

Tory wummin up here has no mandate, no personality & no hope

Scottish Labour bint is actually the office cleaner coz naebody else fancied the gig !!

& remember, its Independence your deciding on & NOT the SNP. There are many supporters of a free Scotland who are members of other parties .

I hope, and think, that this will be the case.

For similar reasons that Buddiecat stated, I fear that, if the yes vote won, the people in charge would quite quickly find they were out of their depth and things would crumble very quickly.

Out of their depth with what? We are already devolved so what is it that makes you think things will crumble?

Also, if people choose to vote no on the basis that a yes vote it is tantamount to voting for SNP/Salmond are we then going along with assumption that a no vote is tantamount to a vote for the Coallition/Cameron?

I think the reason a no vote is romping the polls and is the clear favourite with all bookmakers is very little to do with party politics. The reason is simply that there isn't a convincing case for independence, and there never has been.

I think the reason a no vote is romping the polls and is the clear favourite with all bookmakers is very little to do with party politics. The reason is simply that there isn't a convincing case for independence, and there never has been.

Yeah , but right now there isn't a convincing case for the status quo either , as at the moment we're being shafted from every angle !

If it's yes then we can rest assured that we will never again be ruled by Tories , which in itself , is something worth considering !

Indeed, Scotland never voted Tory but was still governed by Tories because of the English vote. Tory governments , knowing that Scots didn't vote for them , never gave two f**ks about Scotland. Similarly , England were sometimes treated to a Labour government purely because of the Scottish voters . .

Worth remembering , if we do get independence it is "lndependence in Europe " as opposed to the Norwegian model. .

To be perfectly honest I have yet to hear a single positive case for remaining in the union.

Yeah , but right now there isn't a convincing case for the status quo either , as at the moment we're being shafted from every angle !

To be perfectly honest I have yet to hear a single positive case for remaining in the union.

There doesn't have to be a case to keep the union though. As with any change, there needs to be a clear and convincing need to change. The No campaign isn't selling anything new, the Yes campaign is.

It's been up to them to come out and sell the idea of an independent Scotland to the nation, and it's something the people of Scotland just isn't buying.

Historical polls going back 20 odd years for this question show support to be roughly 60-40 in favour of no. After the millions pounds spent by the yes campaigners in the 3 years since the SNP's majority election victory.... it's still roughly 60-40 in favour of no.

They've made no inroads whatsoever. Is support for independence going to shift more in the next 11 months than it has done in the last 20 years? Of course it isn't, and that's why a no vote is a 1/7 shot at the bookies.

There doesn't have to be a case to keep the union though. As with any change, there needs to be a clear and convincing need to change. The No campaign isn't selling anything new, the Yes campaign is.

It's been up to them to come out and sell the idea of an independent Scotland to the nation, and it's something the people of Scotland just isn't buying.

Historical polls going back 20 odd years for this question show support to be roughly 60-40 in favour of no. After the millions pounds spent by the yes campaigners in the 3 years since the SNP's majority election victory.... it's still roughly 60-40 in favour of no.

They've made no inroads whatsoever. Is support for independence going to shift more in the next 11 months than it has done in the last 20 years? Of course it isn't, and that's why a no vote is a 1/7 shot at the bookies.

I could fcuk that up by sticking a wager on it. laugh.png