The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Emm... You do realise that Scotland won't be independent before 2016 regardless of the result of the vote, don't you? Therefore that renders your point totally irrelevant. There's nothing there about investment in an independent Scotland. In the unlikely horrible event of a yes vote Salmond himself is targeting an independence day of March 2016, the reality is it'd be much later.

So the £10billion that they're investing is suddenly going to disappear if Scotland becomes independent?

You do realise that they're investing for the future, don't you?

Know your limitations.

If your going to copy and paste at least be upfront about it and state your source.

You do know that Wikipedia, a bit like the Daily Mail, isn't always accurate?

The link is a direct link to the report on the Governor of the Bank of Englands renumeration package. It states clearly in there that it's a government position paid for by the Crown.

I don't know who else you think pays him? I'm guessing but I do hope that you don't think the Bank of England is "company" with shares floated on the stock exchange.....:rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS

Your wrong then

The Governor of the Bank of England is the most senior position in the Bank of England. It is nominally a civil service post, but the appointment tends to be from within the Bank, with the incumbent grooming his or her successor. The Governor of the Bank of England is also Chairman of theMonetary Policy Committee, with a major role in guiding national economic and monetary policy, and is therefore one of the most important public officials in the United Kingdom.

He's also paid by the Crown

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/annualreport/2012/remuneration2012.pdf

The link is a direct link to the report on the Governor of the Bank of Englands renumeration package. It states clearly in there that it's a government position paid for by the Crown.

I don't know who else you think pays him? I'm guessing but I do hope that you don't think the Bank of England is "company" with shares floated on the stock exchange.....rolleyes.gif

Oh look little dicko has edited his first post to include a link to a bank of england document. Unfortunately this document does not contain the quote from the start of the post that he has cut and pasted from wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor_of_the_Bank_of_England

desperate attempt at making it look as if he knew what he was talking about. as telling the truth.

He then makes up stuff about the stock exchange that no-one has posted

This sums up wee dicko, he lies, edits posts on the fly and makes stuff up which he presents as fact.

Stuart Dickson = wishaw slang for bullshit

This is a decade old, and some of the worst inaccurate and sensationalist journalism pertaining to the EU I've ever seen. I noted more than 20 inaccuracies in the first 10 minutes - that's pretty good going....

But then this has always been the problem with the media in the UK, they literally just don't understand the EU or associated issues.

Indeed, if only they had someone like you , whom, could explain to all how , all encompassing and fantastic the Fourth Reich will be. .

During the Eurozone Crisis, German Chancellor Angela Merkel has pushed for Germany to have a greater say in the domestic governance of the euro zone’s 18 members, as part of a deal which saw Germany provide a significant part of the Euro Bailout program. Among other measures meant to reduce the likelihood of another Euro Crises, she has called for real European power over countries’ budgets. In Poland, Former Polish Prime Minister Jaroslaw Kaczynski has suggested in a book that "Germany wants to annex part of Poland".[4]

British journalist Simon Heffer wrote in 2011 "Where Hitler failed by military means to conquer Europe, modern Germans are succeeding through trade and financial discipline. Welcome to the Fourth Reich."[5]

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Yes, regurgitating devolution scare stories is a common theme of the no campaign. Today its vince cable telling us RBS would move it headquarters to London, recall similar from previous devolution campaign...

Come to think of it, does RBS not have most of its business based in "the city" anyway Tell you what vince its currently a f**kin toxic business and uk plc owes 80 odd % of it - I dont think thats much of a threat to voters in Scottish referendum. It might actually sway a few dont knows into voting yes biggrin.png

How could I forget Michelle Mone, wub.png threatened to leave if we vote yes, now spends most of her time in London anyway. Makes sense though as her (struggling) business is now registered there. How Scots would miss her financial input to our lives. Except she employs hardly anyone in the uk. The sub contractors running the sweat shops of Asia might miss her though?

Ballantyne - another Scot who has left for london but thinks he knows whats best for us back here. Does he have a vote in the referendum? No, bit like bo diddley at BP then? Chairman of Royal Mail - was state owned and recently privatised. Hmm, might it be in his interest to toe the westminster line ahead of inevitable peerage? Does he have a vote though?

Is this the best you can do? What about John Barrowman?lol.gif

Is anyone really surprised that the CBI favours what the westminster establishment want? They've been in each others pockets for years. There's an organisation called Business for Scotland which is the fastest growing business network in the country, currently over 1,200 members. Members are Pro Independence and don't want to be associated with the views of CBI. Strangely enough, not quoted by either dicko or lex...

Oh and as for the unions, I'll let Lex explain the irony of the steelworkers and miners unions being against Scottish Independence

ETA - forgot Ralph Soames, although I assume lex actually meant Rupert Soames, head dude at aggreko. Did you intentionally forget to add his brother is a Tory Lord and (ex?) MP?

Typical Nat response. Some personal attacks mixed in with a pile of conjecture. So all these Scottish people who are running their business, all of whom employ people in Scotland, they're all wrong about what's best for their business, and you're right?

Seriously?

I'm sure there's plenty of major business leaders and trade unions who've came out of favour of independence. Isn't there? Would you be kind enough to list them for me?

You do realise that , in the event of Scotland having to renegotiate its entry into Europe , that the rUK , would have to do the same as the treaty at the moment is with the UK not the rUK. .

Do you have a credible independent source for this?

So the £10billion that they're investing is suddenly going to disappear if Scotland becomes independent?

You do realise that they're investing for the future, don't you?

Know your limitations.

Deary me, talk about taking being caught out badly.

Who knows what levels of investment are going to be post independence? I don't, you don't, BP certainly don't, maybe that's why the figures published are only to 2016? Yet more uncertainty, yet more reasons we are better together, yet more reasons why the Scottish people can't wait to vote no.

Oh look little dicko has edited his first post to include a link to a bank of england document. Unfortunately this document does not contain the quote from the start of the post that he has cut and pasted from wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor_of_the_Bank_of_England

desperate attempt at making it look as if he knew what he was talking about. as telling the truth.

He then makes up stuff about the stock exchange that no-one has posted

This sums up wee dicko, he lies, edits posts on the fly and makes stuff up which he presents as fact.

Stuart Dickson = wishaw slang for bullshit

You were wrong though - he's a Civil Servant and an employee of the UK government and he travelled to have talks with Alex Salmond.

Your deflections are ridiculous and it's sad that it's all you Natsis have left really. The Nationalist arguments credibility is in the toilet sucking George Michael off. :rolleyes:

Deary me, talk about taking being caught out badly.

Who knows what levels of investment are going to be post independence? I don't, you don't, BP certainly don't, maybe that's why the figures published are only to 2016? Yet more uncertainty, yet more reasons we are better together, yet more reasons why the Scottish people can't wait to vote no.

There's only one person that's been caught out badly.

Now run along and read my post properly.

Then reply with reference to what I actually posted and not what you want to hear.

Try not to move your lips too much.

Guest TPAFKATS

Bizarre. I've already shown there is precedent in this. Look at the Yugoslav States and what happened in terms of the succession state. There's nothing like a Nationalist for denying their Holocaust.

I guess your dementia is affecting your ability in posting on this subject. rolleyes.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26047614

Not really an article about Independence but perhaps an explanation as to why our Nationalists might be so desperate to get EU membership. After all we all know the SNP don't like to hold mass murderers for the full term of their sentence preferring instead to keep the prison population under control by releasing them on "compassionate" grounds once they think they've sat on the naughty step playing their XBox for long enough. Just think how much easier that would be if only they could adopt a rule like this. rolleyes.gif

Your deflections are ridiculous and it's sad that it's all you Natsis have left really. The Nationalist arguments credibility is in the toilet sucking George Michael off. rolleyes.gif

Bizarre posts and all from today, what a meltdown.

I could've multiquoted to point out the falsehoods and lies, but its getting a bit boring and repetitive. Much easier to simply say

Stuart Dickson is a bare faced liar

h, and carney isnt a real civil servant whistling.gif

Guest TPAFKATS

Typical Nat response. Some personal attacks mixed in with a pile of conjecture. So all these Scottish people who are running their business, all of whom employ people in Scotland, they're all wrong about what's best for their business, and you're right?

Personal attacks, don t see any in that post? unsure.png

The people you mention arent all Scottish, do the Scots that you list actually have a vote wink.png

Oh and are you sure they all employ people in Scotland...

I didnt say they were wrong about whats best for their business. My post is a wee bit more holistic than that - Independence is about more than any individual and their business interests.

Despite getting all that wrong you accuse me of conjecture rolleyes.gif

Seriously?

Exactly my thoughts

I'm sure there's plenty of major business leaders and trade unions who've came out of favour of independence. Isn't there? Would you be kind enough to list them for me?

My post contains details of an organisation with around 1300 members, sorry I don't have their names. I recall Sir Ian Wood (wood Group) being happy about the whole indy thing, The guy from owns Clyde Blowers as well.

There are plenty of trade unionists in Scotland who are in favour of independence, including the ones who are out delivering leaflets from their TUC bags. The unions themselves are UK organisations headquartered in england wink.png

I was watching a program last night that I'd recorded on the Yesterday channel. It was about a man who was losing a battle and started to make mistakes and bizarre statements and promises to his people that he couldn't keep. His right-hand officer was becoming even more desperate to keep everything on track and put out as much propaganda as could possibly be found to keep the illusion going. If it wasn't for the fact that the most of it was in black and white and in 1940s Germany I could have sworn I was eavesdropping on the First and Deputy Ministers.

What Masonic Lodge are You a member of Sid ? Fancy a wee Half pint of Guinness and a game of Draughts Then ?

I was watching a program last night that I'd recorded on the Yesterday channel. It was about a man who was losing a battle and started to make mistakes and bizarre statements and promises to his people that he couldn't keep. His right-hand officer was becoming even more desperate to keep everything on track and put out as much propaganda as could possibly be found to keep the illusion going. If it wasn't for the fact that the most of it was in black and white and in 1940s Germany I could have sworn I was eavesdropping on the First and Deputy Minister

I was watching a program last night that I'd recorded on the Yesterday channel. It was about a man who was losing a battle and started to make mistakes and bizarre statements and promises to his people that he couldn't keep. His right-hand officer was becoming even more desperate to keep everything on track and put out as much propaganda as could possibly be found to keep the illusion going. If it wasn't for the fact that the most of it was in black and white and in 1940s Germany I could have sworn I was eavesdropping on the First and Deputy Ministers.

You add nothing to the debate ... your constant reference to the Nazis is pathetic .

Guest TPAFKATS

Thursday's debate in Westminster "Scotland's place in UK" (not a condescending at all) is enhanced by Brian Donohoe (Labour MP for Darkest Ayrshire).

“Is it not also the case that the UK has not been invaded by a foreign body for more than 750 years? Surely that in itself demonstrates just how successful the Union has been.”

Looks as though he went to the same school as thicko dicko...

That's simply incorrect i'm afraid. The steelworkers union recently came out in favour of the union: http://bettertogether.net/blog/entry/steelworkers-union-back-better-together

Other unions supporting the union include NUM, Usdaw and Aslef.

There's not often that business and unions unite to this extent over any political issue, they have here though. The business bosses feel it's in their interests, the workers feel it's in theirs too. Can they both be wrong?

Sorry yes the steelworkers or community are in favour of the union .Can't find anything on-line about the other 3 supporting the no vote ( maybe you could post a link )

Anyway in your original post you said virtually all the major trade unions are backing the no vote .The Steelworkers union has a membership of 23000 hardly a major trade union .

I'm not in any Masonic Lodge, BB. Anyone who knows me personally would know how I could never be a member of B&W army, unless, I changed My I P and Handle.

Oh Forgot John / Sid ? Fcuk You have been outed Small sack's ? Is That cause of The Incident with Dicko ? whistling.gif

I hadn't noticed Nicola's attack policy.

Yesterday, she's already attacked Cameron for a speech to be made today at the opening of the Olympic Park, celebrating UK success in the Games.

She says,

"They see the polls closing and they are clearly rattled - but to politicise any sporting occasion is shameful."

583944863.jpg

:rolleyes:

Yesterday, she's already attacked Cameron for a speech to be made today at the opening of the Olympic Park, celebrating UK success in the Games.

She says,

"They see the polls closing and they are clearly rattled - but to politicise any sporting occasion is shameful."

583944863.jpg

rolleyes.gif

TBF l think there were flags held up by various combatants from various countries at the tournament, and l think Cameron is only going to do what guys like Vine and Carpenter did for years , i.e say that Scots are Britons and English are English. .

kkpazUM.gif

She says,

583944863.jpg

:rolleyes:

The First Minister of Scotland demonstrating his support for a high profile Scottish sportsman?

Shameful.

TBF l think there were flags held up by various combatants from various countries at the tournament, and l think Cameron is only going to do what guys like Vine and Carpenter did for years , i.e say that Scots are Britons and English are English. .

Posted Image

Alternatively, like Inverdale did, he could have had Andy Murray getting England through to the next stage of the Davis Cup for the first time in years.

She says,

583944863.jpg

rolleyes.gif

laugh.png

jerry.gif well played Sir............aye sauce for the goose in aw thit

My brother lives in Ascot and married a Lancashire lass fae' Blackburn. She still hasn't texted me to tell me how much she'd miss us if we vote for independence. I think David Cameron wasted his time.

Maybe her phone is broken. Maybe she doesn't love us or want us anymore.

Tick tock bitch - get texting or I'm voting 'yes'.

So your brother hasn't phoned you either? My brother lives in Wales and he was on the phone as soon as the news broke. Not sure it was the message Cameron wanted, all the same, he told me to make sure to vote correctly.........

Not that he's a Yes - he doesn't get to vote - he just automatically takes the opposite view to all and any Tory f**ktards.