The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm going to buy a new car soon, it'll be a diesel due to mileage planned etc etc.

What I want to know is post referendum and a Yes vote transpires, can someone tell me what will happen to the price of diesel ?

Without any benevolence or any greater good manifesto I can see that the individual tax liability for every working Scot will increase, granted, but what about the essentials , the diesel, the food , the discretionary taxes ?

I want to do the best for myself and my family, will I need to become an expat in order to circumvent a death by 1000 taxes.

Jist askin like..........

Guest TPAFKATS

lol.gif

This is about the same level of concern the populace show to these scare stories these days.

Scotland has a unique position geographically in the North Atlantic - of course NATO want us in their wee club. Whether all scots voting for independence wish to be in nato is another matter, but thats democracy for ye...

I found out today that Spain used to have a US nuclear base on its soil, prior to being a democracy. Once franco was gone and they were able to apply to join nato, they lost the nuclear base prior to being admitted.

Obviously Baron Robertson of Port Ellen knows all this as he is an ex high honcho of nato...

A few other things of interest regarding the labour lord (£400 quid a day for signing on) and man of the peepil;

• Previously claimed that Scotland didnt have its own language or culture and therefore couldnt / shouldnt be an independent nation.
  • Also claimed that devolution would end calls for independence
  • Sits on the board of Weir Group (you'll recall them from last week, speaking out against a yes vote)
  • Was involved in not releasing documents related to the Dunblane massacre.

Guest TPAFKATS

I'm going to buy a new car soon, it'll be a diesel due to mileage planned etc etc.

What I want to know is post referendum and a Yes vote transpires, can someone tell me what will happen to the price of diesel ?

Without any benevolence or any greater good manifesto I can see that the individual tax liability for every working Scot will increase, granted, but what about the essentials , the diesel, the food , the discretionary taxes ?

I want to do the best for myself and my family, will I need to become an expat in order to circumvent a death by 1000 taxes.

Jist askin like..........

Taxes, including fuel tax, will be levied by whatever government is in power. Currently this is westminster, following independence these will be controlled and levied by Edinburgh

Taxes, including fuel tax, will be levied by whatever government is in power. Currently this is westminster, following independence these will be controlled and levied by Edinburgh

Yes, sure.......so we lobby Edinburgh instead of Westminster. Taxation being taxation , I'm assuming then that it ain't going to reduce, so, it's to be sold to us as a hit in the pocket , but feel good cos you have more say over where our increasing taxes are being spent ?

What about the price of diesel ?

Yes, sure.......so we lobby Edinburgh instead of Westminster. Taxation being taxation , I'm assuming then that it ain't going to reduce, so, it's to be sold to us as a hit in the pocket , but feel good cos you have more say over where our increasing taxes are being spent ?

The SNP has based all of it's taxation projections for the last two years on a Brent Crude Oil price of $113 per barrel. Prices seldom reached that level throughout the last two years, and it didn't manage that at all in 2013. As a result of those overly optimistic projections the Scottish Government ran up a massive budget deficit. We know what way the SNP wants oil prices to go and it's certainly not in a way that would end fuel poverty. :rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS

Its certainly not a hit in the pocket, I didnt say taxes would rise or fall. No one can say with certainty what taxes we will continue to pay in uk, although it should however be noted that UK is one of the most heavily taxed nations -not direct income tax but the hidden taxes that we all pay.

Re the price of your diesel - you should bear in mind that the current uk chancellor has postponed (not cancelled) the last few fuel duty rises in the previous budgets - therefore, your diesel tax will rise in future uk budgets wink.png

Loved this:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/28/us-nato-stoltenberg-idUSBREA2R0X920140328

& this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-dear/norway-calls-the-world-to_b_2862919.html

So, lets get this straight.

The next Secretary general of NATO is from a small country with no nuclear weapons who , btw were founder members of NATO. .......... but OUR small nation who dont want Nuclear weapons would not be allowed to join NATO according to the NO fear campaign . bangin.gifbangin.gifbangin.gif

Has anyone other than BT actually said we won't be allowed to join NATO?

Anyone at all?

Guest TPAFKATS

Loved this:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/28/us-nato-stoltenberg-idUSBREA2R0X920140328

& this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-dear/norway-calls-the-world-to_b_2862919.html

So, lets get this straight.

The next Secretary general of NATO is from a small country with no nuclear weapons who , btw were founder members of NATO. .......... but OUR small nation who dont want Nuclear weapons would not be allowed to join NATO according to the NO fear campaign . bangin.gifbangin.gifbangin.gif

Barosso will be upset, all that campaigning on behalf of uk gov and he still doesnt get the gig lol.gif

FFS, been busy the last couple of weeks and see someone is still up to his old tricks.

Telling lies, you just can't help yourself can you.

Brent Crude Oil prices - historical

DATE..........OPEN...HIGH....LOW....CLOSE

09/09/2013 116.10 116.10 113.12 113.72

06/09/2013 115.26 116.51 115.10 116.12

05/09/2013 114.87 115.47 114.31 115.26

04/09/2013 115.76 116.05 114.41 114.91

03/09/2013 113.62 115.92 112.02 115.68

30/08/2013 113.96 115.39 113.66 114.01

29/08/2013 116.30 117.02 114.23 115.16

28/08/2013 115.01 117.29 114.87 116.61

27/08/2013 111.03 114.42 110.78 114.36

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/futures_commodities/brent_oil_prices_historical.php?type_symbol=futures_qa&start=150

9 days out of 365?

The facts are all there in a HUGE Scottish Government budget deficit because Alex Salmond had his fingers crossed that fuel prices would increase substantially.

Vote Yes and there's no chance of ending fuel poverty because Scotland NEEDS high fuel prices to balance the books

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-26937538

It looks like Scotland isn't very good at doing budgets. Here's yet another budget blown massively.

Does anyone other than the Natsis think Scottish Politicians could ever manage the economy effectively? So far all they've shown since 2000 is that they shouldn't be trusted to run a bath.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-26937538

It looks like Scotland isn't very good at doing budgets. Here's yet another budget blown massively.

Does anyone other than the Natsis think Scottish Politicians could ever manage the economy effectively? So far all they've shown since 2000 is that they shouldn't be trusted to run a bath.

& the UK Government are doing a wonderful job with my / our/ your money ,arent they ?

http://www.debtbombshell.com/

Guest TPAFKATS

The commonwealth games isnt being run by the Scottish Government - the story explains that the scot gov has a contingency fund, but even this isnt being utilised for the overspend.

The london olympics managed a massive overspend without blowing up 5 tower blocksrolleyes.gif

Sochi was also overspent, however I wouldnt wish to generalise and lump all in uk or russia as being no good with budgets - only a complete FUD would do that.

The commonwealth games isnt being run by the Scottish Government - the story explains that the scot gov has a contingency fund, but even this isnt being utilised for the overspend.

The london olympics managed a massive overspend without blowing up 5 tower blocksrolleyes.gif

Sochi was also overspent, however I wouldnt wish to generalise and lump all in uk or russia as being no good with budgets - only a complete FUD would do that.

£9 BILLION for the Lahndan Olympics. Great value! i mean , look at the legacy !! rolleyes.gif

Makes as much sense as the SNP white paper. At the minute the Yes brigade have nothing to say so they jump on stupid statements from idiot MP's. I suspect it's intentional. All sides have idiots on board. Still over five months to go. Haud me back!

You've never read the White Paper.

I didn't realise inhabitants of Ireland get a vote in OUR Referendum.

You've never read the White Paper.

I didn't realise inhabitants of Ireland get a vote in OUR Referendum.

Stupid statement which confirms my view that a lot of you guys post rubbish without even thinking. I have read the white paper. My wife's brother in law is a staunch tory so he and I have argued the bit out for years. This referendum debacle thingy is just about the first thing we've agreed about. He sent me a copy ages ago. And I can assure you that a fair number of people living over here can vote in your referendum. Military personnel for a start. And guys working here full time who still have a home in Scotland can qualify. Anyway, who the f**k are you to say that Scots living abroad can't even have an opinion? Glad you guys won't win with that version of democracy.

Try reading your own posts.

Maybe you should pay attention, ya Muppet. Your post on the energy situation is just so typical. You simply denigrate anything that's said without proof. Fear is all you can come out with. What are we hearing from the SNP? Hee-Haw because we all know they've been told to zip it by Salmond and his glove puppet Sturgeon. At least Westminster MP's and government officials are allowed freedom of speech and of course you get daft statements. They're MP's, what the hell do you expect? Do you think MP's get selected for brainpower?

Only five months and nine days to go. Whoopee!