The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You don't get it.

No currency union means rUK controls our currency. Our base rate will be in their hands, not ours.

That's SNP's plan B, to give away control of our own currency. What a bizarre form of independence.

A yes vote will mean we are actually more dependent on English politicians than we are now.

Top Cat it's not their plan B. Salmond ruled it out. He's said in the past he's got a plan B, c, d and e but when asked by Darling all we learned was that Plan B isn't the Euro, our own currency or using Sterling in the same way Panama uses the dollar.

The Natsi s clearly weren't listening to their Fuhrer during the debate.

Has anyone seen this list of 200 celebrities who think we should vote No next Month?

well, if Kris Akabusi and Tom Daley think we should vote no then it should be case closed.

In all seriousness im probably about 70% sure ill vote no, but stunts like this are cringeworthy,

Cringeworthy indeed!

How many millionaires?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/u/more-than-200-celebrities-sign-letter-calling-for-a-no-vote.1407403644

Do the Better together voters have any concerns that Westminster debt is currently running at.

1.6 Trillion from April 2014 and expected to reach 2 trillion this year.

While every second of every day it rises by £5,170 remember 'EVERY SECOND'

That Westminster will order it's new nuclear missiles at a total cost of 100 billion

The cost of running a high speed train to Leeds from London is £42Billion at today's price but that figure will rise by more than double that figure.

Aircraft Carriers that cost billions that don't have any planes built for these particular aircraft carriers.

Do better together have no concerns regarding these figures.

After living down here for over thirty years it would wrong of me to offer an opinion on Scottish matters. However it does tickle me to find so many people who couldn't give a fiddlers fling about Scotland suddenly have an opinion. Furthermore they keep trying to draw me on what I think. I always give them the same answer that it's none of my business or theirs. It looks like the undecided may sway the outcome as it appears that both yes voters and no voters are firmly entrenched. I watch with interest and may the best man win. I had reason to visit Glasgow recently and found it to be much more alive and vibrant than I remembered. Why that is I don't know but there was a great vibe about the place and I saw little evidence of doom and gloom ( aside from the silent beggars who I silently told to f&@k off)

Do the Better together voters have any concerns that Westminster debt is currently running at.

1.6 Trillion from April 2014 and expected to reach 2 trillion this year.

While every second of every day it rises by £5,170 remember 'EVERY SECOND'

That Westminster will order it's new nuclear missiles at a total cost of 100 billion

The cost of running a high speed train to Leeds from London is £42Billion at today's price but that figure will rise by more than double that figure.

Aircraft Carriers that cost billions that don't have any planes built for these particular aircraft carriers.

Do better together have no concerns regarding these figures.

What would an Independent Scotland have done to save shipyards in Scotland? Build life rafts so they can all desert Scotland as it sinks?

You would think so but the order for two aircraft carriers was a rushed decision with penalty clauses that meant the order couldn't be cancelled was purely done by Brown to protect shipyards at Rosyth and Govan.

By that logic - if the CoE at the time happened to represent a constituency in Gloucestershire - then that wouldn't have happened?

Guest TPAFKATS

Scotland could do with a navy that has ships to patrol our waters. You know small ships as opposed to aircraft carriers. I wonder who would build them in an independent Scotland?

Has anyone seen this list of 200 celebrities who think we should vote No next Month?

well, if Kris Akabusi and Tom Daley think we should vote no then it should be case closed.

In all seriousness im probably about 70% sure ill vote no, but stunts like this are cringeworthy,

Can't these over inflated ego's see that this will be nothing but counter productive. Not 1 single person intending voting yes will be swayed to vote no just because Simon Cowell or the late Stephen Lawrence's mother says we should but it has every chance of swaying undecideds towards yes by it's condescending tone. Nose out you self obssessed buffoons !

Scotland is bigger than Panama and The US is far bigger than the rUK.

The situations are in no way comparable. Panama is not going to bring down the USD. It's not inconceivable that an iScotland's fiscal policy could bring down Sterling, just look at RBS.

This is why a currency union will not happen.

Panama does not have a currency union with the USA. Read what the piece says and not what you would like it to say.

Edited to add: Panama's population was 3,864,170 people at the end of 2013.

Edited by smcc

Guest TPAFKATS

Nothing is worse than political campaigning like that.

Vote no cause Kriss Akabusi and Cilla Black say so.

Sir Mick Jagger never got into politics when asked to not play in Tel Aviv. Wonder why he now has a view?

And don't get me started on David Starkey's opinion of Scotland and scots!

You don't get it.

No currency union means rUK controls our currency. Our base rate will be in their hands, not ours.

That's SNP's plan B, to give away control of our own currency. What a bizarre form of independence.

A yes vote will mean we are actually more dependent on English politicians than we are now.

You can backflip all you like, but thegymnastic medals were all given out last week bangin.gif

Europe rules !

Not even Britain is Independent.

Scotland never will be, even if 100% vote aye.

It's a bad joke as is this thread.

To add, we've got Leaders in Glasgow flying a f**king Hamas flag.

God help us.