The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The high turnout should favour the Yes camp.

One of the polls being discussed asked their online group who they use for various topics.

I would assume their list will not contain many 16 - 18 year olds, if any.

If the 16 -18 year olds turn it for Yes, and as there was no exit poll we may never know, then they are the folk who will be around in 30 years when I am in a jar in a bottom drawer. In these circumstances I will enjoy watching politics for the rest of my life.

You are right .

Traditionally , it has been the Conservatives/Unionist that have always turned out , for a vote , even when the turnout is low. .

Based on that you would expect a high turnout to be a Yes victory. However , this is unprecedented voting , certainly not seen for over 5 decades.

The youngster vote could be crucial , indeed . If the BBC debate for youngsters is anything to go by , then they do favour a Yes. .

Either way , the turn out would indicate a great day for democracy in Scotland. .

Guest TPAFKATS

They called 1800 people previously polled, who had already voted today, so that Kellner felt certain enough that what these people had voted was a good reflection of how it would pan out.

That's a brave call right enough. I hear that you gov poll on AV referendum was out by 14% and that was on a pish low turnout.

I thought it was based on something decent given the amount of time they are filling on the air with it.

I'm off for a nap!

what do you suggest as an alternative to having a parliament then?

have a referendum on everything instead?

1eye.gif

Why not? Would be easy these days to have a secure App that can be used to do just that. People power,,,

A LAHNDAHN perspective on the Referendum debate.

Dontcha just love Derek & Clive thumbup2.gif

Unattributed quote.

"Early reports suggest Glasgow may have voted 54% "Yes" to 46% "No". However, "Yes" campaigners look a bit disappointed as they hoped the result would be more in their favour."

The number of people registered to vote in Glasgow is 486,219.

The % turnout will be interesting.

You said you went to the booth and you said it was written there, you never said it was already there when you got to the booth. If you had, I wouldn't have mentioned it.

As for the bit in bold, I'll need to take your word for that, you are obviously a man in the know (or in the glory hole) - ya trumpet. thumbup2.gif

If someone says that something was written then that suggests (to normal people) that they discovered it or found it already there. Now, a Lahndan Grammarian would pick at that and say "ah yes but technically your wording was wrong" but as I said you people are not normal and you, being a Natsi, are wrapped up in your hatred for people different from yourself and you know you're not going to get the result you desire in this referendum so you have started throwing the toys out of the pram already! Calm down Slarti! I'm sure Canada, America, Australia or Ireland will welcome you if you no longer wish to live in Britain!

SNP MP Stewart Hosie in Dundee said: "Given what we have seen in parts of Scotland today, with turnouts of 85% and 90%, a 78% turnout here seems disappointing. In any other election, in any other referendum, a 78% turnout would be an extraordinary feat."

Asked whether he was still hopeful that "Yes" would win the referendum, Mr Hosie said there was, for now, an "information vacuum".

"Votes have not yet been counted, not a single result has been declared," he added.