The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nae idea, but that Tory man/burd confirmed that they knew the results of the postal vote but weren't allowed to talk about it on air before the polls closed.

As far as I know the postal vote result was known already. I'm sure there was a story I read about police investigating someone who had tried to leak the result to the press.

There are quite stringent laws in place regarding press coverage when the polls are open , and rightly so I guess. I had wondered though if social media had somewhat negated and flouted those laws.

Disappointed but not surprised at the result. It remains to be seen whether the promises of increased powers are kept. David Cameron has said this morning that he expects to have draft legislation ready to put before Parliament by the end of January. I cannot see how a full consultation on proposed new powers can take place in this time. In addition, none of the 3 UK party leaders is in a position to guarantee that a largely English UK Parliament will pass any proposed legislation.

I will not be holding my breath while waiting for the outcome.

Disappointed but not surprised at the result. It remains to be seen whether the promises of increased powers are kept. David Cameron has said this morning that he expects to have draft legislation ready to put before Parliament by the end of January. I cannot see how a full consultation on proposed new powers can take place in this time. In addition, none of the 3 UK party leaders is in a position to guarantee that a largely English UK Parliament will pass any proposed legislation.

I will not be holding my breath while waiting for the outcome.

Please do. :)

Montenegro, as the result of an independence referendum in 2006, became an independent republic!

You would be better researching rather ran rattling off at the mouth you ignorant loud mouthed dunderhead.

Hope this helps bangin.gifwhistling.gif

shouting my mouth off about what?

its you that brought Montenegro into the conversation!

i know nothing at all about Montenegro, its referendum nor its independence and neither do i care. I have done zero research on it, why would i.

its you who is the loud mouthed ignorant dunderheid

hsbc, montenegro, jolly jape

the wheel is still spinning but tthe hamster is dead! :1eye

I was being friendly by pointing out his mistaken attack on my earlier post, how can he evolve from a Neanderthal unless he gets a little help from his friends, such as you and I? cool.png

i made no attack and no mistake

you are a thick simpleton baldyoz

a very thick simpleton

go f**k yourself! :lol:

Edited by Phil McCracken

Good that it is over. I think it is clear that Scotland wants extra powers, surprised 4 places voted yes in a majority.

Personally I think this is the beginning of the end of the union as we know it. 45% is a lot of unhappy people and I think gradually we'll move towards federalisation.

If the extra powers are diluted or not forthcoming the SNP will have a bigger stick however, and perhaps we'll be back here sooner than we think.

Edited by flyingscot

There can be no argument over the result,the people of Scotland voted fair and square for it.I have enjoyed the whole Referendum Campaign and it was brilliant to see the people getting involved with such a high turnout.

What has disgusted me is some of the poisonous posts made on here.Jock Tamsons Bairns my hole.There are a few on here who want to take a right good look at themselves.

There can be no argument over the result,the people of Scotland voted fair and square for it.I have enjoyed the whole Referendum Campaign and it was brilliant to see the people getting involved with such a high turnout.

What has disgusted me is some of the poisonous posts made on here.Jock Tamsons Bairns my hole.There are a few on here who want to take a right good look at themselves.

I'm surprised that you're surprised?

People know no limits, especially if there are no limits.

I think there has been a change in that people seem to be more willing to be involved in politics but, with this, it brings the worst out in some people.

These people are like this anyway, politics gives them an avenue to share their "views" no matter what lines of decency they cross.

As I've mentioned, Facebook is worse. It seems calling people "traitors" and worse is acceptable for people who, whatever the reason, choose to vote NO.

Edited by faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS

Good that it is over. I think it is clear that Scotland wants extra powers, surprised 4 places voted yes in a majority.

Personally I think this is the beginning of the end of the union as we know it. 45% is a lot of unhappy people and I think gradually we'll move towards federalisation.

If the extra powers are diluted or not forthcoming the SNP will have a bigger stick however, and perhaps we'll be back here sooner than we think.

LibDem are only party offering anykind of federalism.

Will they hold any power after next May?

I'm surprised that you're surprised?

People know no limits, especially if there are no limits.

I think there has been a change in that people seem to be more willing to be involved in politics but, with this, it brings the worst out in some people.

These people are like this anyway, politics gives them an avenue to share their "views" no matter what lines of decency they cross.

As I've mentioned, Facebook is worse. It seems calling people "traitors" and worse is acceptable for people who, whatever the reason, choose to vote NO.

Over the last 2 or 3 weeks the conversation in my car,pubs,down the shops,just about anywhere has been about the Referendum.I have heard plenty of debate without people abusing each other.Put a keyboard in front of someone and they're coming away with things that would get them a slap if they said it to someones face.

You talking about "decency" is a joke,you're one of the worst "keyboard warriors" on this thread.

I really hope this Referendum hasn't done more damage than good.

Over the last 2 or 3 weeks the conversation in my car,pubs,down the shops,just about anywhere has been about the Referendum.I have heard plenty of debate without people abusing each other.Put a keyboard in front of someone and they're coming away with things that would get them a slap if they said it to someones face.

You talking about "decency" is a joke,you're one of the worst "keyboard warriors" on this thread.

I really hope this Referendum hasn't done more damage than good.

Interesting.

For what it's worth, I am what I am, and that is in real life as well as on here.

I don't carry a keyboard with me, but I might consider it. bye1.gif

PS That's also your opinion, nothing wrong with that, I'm sure people have an opinion on you. wink.png

Edited by faraway saint