The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In today's City News

£46 Billion wiped off leading UK shares (approximately double that 'catastrophic' September day)

(although it was of course followed by that extraordinary day of rises the next day)

Fear of uncertainty on Ebola they say this time.
I'm sure Jackie Bird will be all over this in the lead story tonight and it's impact for Scotttish Companies given the size of this drop.
Maybe they will if they can spin it into a story on ....Salmond & The Scottish Goverment should be doing more to combat this disease to protect and stabilise our economy.

Why did Salmond lose?

Rick do you mean the Independence vote ? You do realise there was more than one party debating a YES vote,

How did 'YES' lose the vote. It's very simple Gordon Brown went on TV and filled the Scottish people who were undecided with lies.

Still not to worry another independence vote will be within the next 10 years simply because of Gordon Browns lies will never be forgot.

Rick do you mean the Independence vote ? You do realise there was more than one party debating a YES vote,

How did 'YES' lose the vote. It's very simple Gordon Brown went on TV and filled the Scottish people who were undecided with lies.

Still not to worry another independence vote will be within the next 10 years simply because of Gordon Browns lies will never be forgot.

My view exactly. The lies will come back to haunt Labour and they will split into pro and anti Independance Scottish Labour. Bring it on

Sorry, Ian.

It was well over well before Broon intervened with yet another "interesting" speech....

It's even simpler than that.

The offer from Salmond and fellow chancers was NOT Independence.

Keep the Monarchy, the GB £, East Enders, associate with NATO. Etc etc... No change/less power. Wank.

Utter wank.

That was what f**ked it up.

Sir Eck will soon be knighted and can settle into his plaudits from the Establishment.

He offered shite and got the requisite shite vote.

Scotland deserved better. :(

Guest TPAFKATS

Sorry, Ian.

It was well over well before Broon intervened with yet another "interesting" speech....

Keep the Monarchy, the GB £, East Enders, associate with NATO. Etc etc... No change/less power. Wank.

Utter wank.

Sir Eck will soon be knighted and can settle into his plaudits from the Establishment.

Scotland deserved better. sad.png

Without necessarily getting into all the referendum stuff again, bluto - If it was over well before broons interventions why did Broon make them? Also why did the 3 westminster party leaders bend over backwards a few days after Broon with their "vow"?

Without necessarily getting into all the referendum stuff again, bluto - If it was over well before broons interventions why did Broon make them? Also why did the 3 westminster party leaders bend over backwards a few days after Broon with their "vow"?

Don't get into it.

I WON'T. I don't care about Broon, as I've just tried to indicate. The 3 so-called leaders were also too late and irrelevant.

The result was NO.

It has passed. Is now irrelevant.

I was merely offering Big Ian a real reason to ignore the current fluff trying to blame the wrong person.

It wisnae Broon.

It was the Nationalist leader (and his shite) that convinced me.

And you may have noticed throughout the three hundred pages SOME of my antipathy..... :)

Guest TPAFKATS

Don't get into it.

I WON'T. I don't care about Broon, as I've just tried to indicate. The 3 so-called leaders were also too late and irrelevant.

The result was NO.

It has passed. Is now irrelevant.

I was merely offering Big Ian a real reason to ignore the current fluff trying to blame the wrong person.

It wisnae Broon.

It was the Nationalist leader (and his shite) that convinced me.

And you may have noticed throughout the three hundred pages SOME of my antipathy..... smile.png

Ok, however the Nationalist leader (and his shite) had been there for the whole campaign. The 3 fandan's together with broon intervened late on after postal voting had started. Why was that?

BTW, wee Eck wont be knighted wink.png

Sorry, Ian.

Utter wank.

Scotland deserved better. sad.png

There was enough undecided at the time of Browns speech for the YES vote to cross the line winners. Will admit to being a wee bit bitter with Browns speech given I seen a passion level that had never been seen before. Amazing but then you consider him and the strange one with the white hair and dark eye brows would lose a lot of money in their English private health care dinner speaches and being advisers to the UK private sector. For me the whole thing stinks at Westminster then life after Westminster corrupt as fu-ck

He (Salmond) should be knighted. I believe in due course he will sook the boaby. And love his knighthood.

He and his shite vision (and he WAS the main man - whatever others claim - for the YES vote) made sure that the chance for this generation was f**ked. Never had a Scooby. Non starter.

Edited by bluto

Unfortunately there are still many No voters who would agree with the last paragraph and use it to justify continuing to vote No:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/with-scotland-camerons-taken-broken-promises-to-a-whole-new-level-9799747.html

Anyway I love the Nationalists realistic view of the world. They told us that in the event of a Yes vote it would take years to sort the whole thing out. They wouldn't even get rid of Trident till 2020 at the earliest yet here we see them moaning yet again when Westminster doesn't deliver more devolution in just 4 weeks.

It's a good article.

Sums up what I've always been saying on here about ALL politicians.

They are not to be believed. No matter what nationality they are.

It is a wee bit like this "Well , you pished the carpet and now we are going to rub your nose in it!"

Tory policy my dear boy , Unionist Tory policy. .

Anyway I love the Nationalists realistic view of the world. They told us that in the event of a Yes vote it would take years to sort the whole thing out. They wouldn't even get rid of Trident till 2020 at the earliest yet here we see them moaning yet again when Westminster doesn't deliver more devolution in just 4 weeks.

Remind me again, who published the timetable?

post-328-14135371727628_thumb.jpg

Do you mean the worthless,unrealistic timetable and the subsequent vow that was given without the UK government's consent?

The whole process has been botched due to the desperation of the unionist parties.

And they had the cheek to tell us all we are "Better together".

The useless shower of lying bastards couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.thumbdown.gif

Guest TPAFKATS

Exactly, it was a Westminster timetable, or not depending on who you quote at Westminster.

Nasty nationalists, holding unionist politicians to account.

Yeah that would hold some truth if the Vow Parties hadn't actually promised dates with their vow hilariously naff St Andrews Day and Burns Night.

Calling the timetable for devolution "absolutely clear", Mr Brown said the main agreements between parties would be completed by St Andrew's Day in November and by Burns Night as the Scotland Act enabling new powers by the end of January.

Not unreasonable to expect something they were so "absolutely clear" on able to give "solemn vows" and "firm promises"

Any one persuades me to do something using these arguments I'd expect them to be held to it.

Yeah that would hold some truth if the Vow Parties hadn't actually promised dates with their vow hilariously naff St Andrews Day and Burns Night.

Not unreasonable to expect something they were so "absolutely clear" on able to give "solemn vows" and "firm promises"

Any one persuades me to do something using these arguments I'd expect them to be held to it.

Remind me again, will you. Whenn did Gordon Brown join the Conservative Party or the Lib Dems. The guy isnt in government. If you're going to continue to quote him as authorative when hes got all the authority in Westminster that Derek the janitor has you're going to continue to look silly

Remind me again, will you. Whenn did Gordon Brown join the Conservative Party or the Lib Dems. The guy isnt in government. If you're going to continue to quote him as authorative when hes got all the authority in Westminster that Derek the janitor has you're going to continue to look silly

post-1859-0-70879900-1413587258_thumb.jp

Remind me again which parties the guys on the left and right represent. These guys are in Government. If you're going to continue to defend their backtracking to deliver what they promised you're going to continue to look silly.

I think there may have been more on this one too ?

post-1859-0-05436500-1413587455_thumb.jp

attachicon.gifvow1.jpg

Remind me again which parties the guys on the left and right represent. These guys are in Government. If you're going to continue to defend their backtracking to deliver what they promised you're going to continue to look silly.

I think there may have been more on this one too ?

attachicon.gifpledge.jpg

And not one of the items on either sheet has been missed. There's no back tracking. They are delivering exactly what was promised it's just those dirty little Natsis want to stir up an anger amongst those Scots who are incapable of reading for themselves.

And not one of the items on either sheet has been missed. There's no back tracking. They are delivering exactly what was promised it's just those dirty little Natsis want to stir up an anger amongst those Scots who are incapable of reading for themselves.

I think half the problem is that people did not read the signed vow but instead trusted what they heard the politicians say on t.v. and it is painfully obvious that they could not deliver what they promised.

It's a good article.

Sums up what I've always been saying on here about ALL politicians.

They are not to be believed. No matter what nationality they are.

And it sums up what I've been saying, too, about ALL politicians. Doesn't mean I don't think independence is the right thing for Scotland. You continually play the man, Salmond, I continually play the principles, ignoring the easy targets of Cameron, Clegg, Miliband, Boris & Nigel. Except to remind everyone that the last two will be in Cameron & Clegg's positions after the next GE.

And it sums up what I've been saying, too, about ALL politicians. Doesn't mean I don't think independence is the right thing for Scotland. You continually play the man, Salmond, I continually play the principles, ignoring the easy targets of Cameron, Clegg, Miliband, Boris & Nigel. Except to remind everyone that the last two will be in Cameron & Clegg's positions after the next GE.

But you are clearly playing the man - it's just your men are Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage.

As for your claim both would have to first win Westminster seats and there's no guarantee that Farage would want to give up him MEP seat anyway, especially if Panoramas claims about him are true. Then you'd have to assume that UKIP and the Conservatives could work together, that the two combined could get a Westminster majority, and then you'd need to assume that Conservative MPs would be so happy at keeping their jobs they'd want to dump Cameron, ignore Osbourne, and appoint Johnston instead.

Quite frankly I think there would be far more chance of the Conservatives and the SNP doing a supply and demand deal to keep the Conservatives in power - something that Michael Portillo - a man who has spent lots of time in Alex Salmonds company - believes is MOST likely

Edited by Stuart Dickson